Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
indyjoe1977

Re: AACS 2.0 is cracked?

Post by indyjoe1977 »

That'd be it.
Miken

Post by Miken »

Krawk wrote:One of the other well known programs just announced a UHD Ripper and Copier but they are very careful to indicate it will copy or rip "unprotected" discs. But yet when you click on the product and see the screenshots, the same disc they are ripping is Smurfs 2. Makes you wonder if it rips UHD discs in general but they're afraid to say they've cracked AACS 2.0 because Hollywood would come down on them hard!
I purchased a drive that supported UHD 4K discs and can confirm the well known program you refer to does not support protected 4K discs I.e. all of them.
They recommended DeUHD which I have found is rather unreliable and does not support discs which are in the list if they came from a different country (even though they are meant to be region free)
Until DVDFab decrypt protected discs the software seems pretty useless imo.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

If you do have a drive that can read BDXL (UHD) discs, MakeMKV would produce an AACS dump for each disc it cannot decrypt (all of them currently). Make sure you do send these dumps to svq@makemkv.com .
ekpen49

Post by ekpen49 »

mike admin wrote:If you do have a drive that can read BDXL (UHD) discs, MakeMKV would produce an AACS dump for each disc it cannot decrypt (all of them currently). Make sure you do send these dumps to svq@makemkv.com .
Greetings:

What is the ETA for the UHD update ?

Thanks
George
Meister_Proper

Post by Meister_Proper »

It’s already there!
ekpen49

Post by ekpen49 »

Meister_Proper wrote:It’s already there!
I got it.
Thanks.
George
KayakNate

Post by KayakNate »

Any updates on this?
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

KayakNate wrote:Any updates on this?
Please be more specific, updates on what? You may also want to check this: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16765
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

i was just curious if you dont update your firmware on your uhd friendly drive will you still be able to convert 4k uhd disks and to prevent you oprating system from automataly updating firmware on a uhd friendly drive by its self? windows.any ideas as to when we will learn offically if aacs 2.0 has been defeated?
preserve

Post by preserve »

As far as I know Windows never automatically updates hardware firmware, does it?

AACS 2.0 will be cracked when it's cracked. There's no way to know when this might happen. We just have to be patient and wait. In the meantime, as volume keys are discovered, UHD ripping is possible.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Windows itself has historically ignored firmware updates, but some applications have a history of downloading and installing firmware.

The last time I allowed PowerDVD on my system (it was a "free with drive" version from quite a few years ago), it installed a "driver" that would periodically download and update the drive firmware. I got rid of it after that, and won't in stall it again, so I don't know if they've "reformed" their ways.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

i appreciate info,just wasnt sure just wanted to ask
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

just wanted to pass along that with the right keys it would seem that im able back up a full copy of aacs 2.0 protected uhd discs.hopeful for more improvements on aacs 2.0 cracks this year
lyciathelycanroc

Post by lyciathelycanroc »

i don't mind sending some AACS dumps, what drives can i use? how can i be sure on compatibility? (system is gentoo linux)
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

lyciathelycanroc wrote:i don't mind sending some AACS dumps, what drives can i use? how can i be sure on compatibility? (system is gentoo linux)
This has been already occurring and discussed for literally months. You need to start here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16883

Additional reading material here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewforum.php?f=16

Forum search function will also yield additional topics.

READ the sticky posts in each UHD subforum.

Additonal resources regarding UHD Friendly drives and VERY IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS can also be found via a Google search for resources that may reside outside the walls of this forum.

This topic has been discussed since October 2017 and there are plenty of resources readbly available discussing all of this in detail in many places.