UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
audioguy
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Latest Hash key file

Post by audioguy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:10 pm

I have downloaded the most recent version of MakeMKV. I have it set to download the latest Key file. But the file that shows up is dated for March of this year. Surely there have been many update in the last 5 months.

Avenger Endgame, of course, it not in the Key file.

What am I doing wrong?

Help please!

SamuriHL
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by SamuriHL » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Um, what file shows up as March? The last PUBLISHED hash key text file is from March, yes, but, MakeMKV doesn't need that file. It downloads SBF's directly now that contain new keys when they are found. So if you're looking at the hash key text file, yea, that's wrong.

st4evr
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: Latest Hash key file

Post by st4evr » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:20 pm

audioguy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:10 pm
I have downloaded the most recent version of MakeMKV. I have it set to download the latest Key file. But the file that shows up is dated for March of this year. Surely there have been many update in the last 5 months.

Avenger Endgame, of course, it not in the Key file.

What am I doing wrong?

Help please!
This process has been discussed multiple times. The following example thread/conversation includes detailed information regarding this process:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... oad#p74044

You should read BOTH pages to further inform yourself.

As always, forum search function provides additional information/conversations if needed:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... c+download

h8dyt
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by h8dyt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:00 pm

I have just recently purchased a WH16NS40 SVC 50 drive. I have tried, as far as I know, every possible way to flash the drive to read UHD 4k movies.
When I insert a UHD movie it will read that the disk is there and attempt to open it. It says reading disk, continues on to say using LibreDrive Mode. Then after about thirty seconds it goes on kicks me back out of it and says the disk can not be decrypted. Following with the line cannot open disk... Please help...

jonghotti
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UHD support

Post by jonghotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:53 pm

h8dyt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:00 pm
I have just recently purchased a WH16NS40 SVC 50 drive. I have tried, as far as I know, every possible way to flash the drive to read UHD 4k movies.
When I insert a UHD movie it will read that the disk is there and attempt to open it. It says reading disk, continues on to say using LibreDrive Mode. Then after about thirty seconds it goes on kicks me back out of it and says the disk can not be decrypted. Following with the line cannot open disk... Please help...
Have you tried cleaning the disc with lcd screen cleaner and a micro fiber cloth?

h8dyt
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by h8dyt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:59 pm

It's a brand new disc. I had just taken it out of the plastic and the case

jonghotti
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UHD support

Post by jonghotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:00 pm

h8dyt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:59 pm
It's a brand new disc. I had just taken it out of the plastic and the case
That usually doesn't matter. Type "dirty disc" into the search bar top right of the screen and see what others experiences have been.

h8dyt
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by h8dyt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Again. It's not the disk. I every possible option I have used top try to read it has not worked. This is what comes up as I am reading the disk
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (84.62 KiB) Viewed 672 times

jonghotti
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: Earth

Re: UHD support

Post by jonghotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Says right there in the log, you need the current key file. Make sure under preferences > general you've got the box checked for "automatically download key file" or whatever it's called. Good idea to check all four boxes actually. Do that and make sure your computer has internet access and you should be all set.

h8dyt
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by h8dyt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:30 pm

jonghotti wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:12 pm
Says right there in the log, you need the current key file. Make sure under preferences > general you've got the box checked for "automatically download key file" or whatever it's called. Good idea to check all four boxes actually. Do that and make sure your computer has internet access and you should be all set.
I've had the key file download checked since I have had the drive. Its been giving me that error everytime. I just made sure it was checked.

h8dyt
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by h8dyt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Do I just need to wait and see? Or is there a work around for it. Honestly this is very disappointing.

Coopervid
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by Coopervid » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:09 pm

Maybe your firewall settings prevent Makemkv to access the key files. You should check that and if blocked allow Makemkv to make the connection.

h8dyt
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by h8dyt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 pm

I just got an email from the support team saying my drive is working just fine. They said that it's a new version of the movie and asked for me to upload the accs file or whatever one it is.

d00zah
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by d00zah » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:25 pm

MakeMKV is clearly reporting a key is not available.

It's a 2018 release, so one could reasonably argue that all versions have been reported, but with new discs, emailing the reported dump file to svq@makemkv.com & waiting +/- a week is SOP. You could make an undecrypted backup in the interim?

There is also the possibility that something (i.e. SW firewall?) is preventing MakeMKV from contacting the server(s). Stale DNS? It looks like it got the LD code update successfully, but it's still possible something has changed since.

If you search the forums, there's a link for manually downloading the latest SVQ manually, if you care to try. It seems to be working for most, so it's unlikely systemic.

st4evr
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: UHD support

Post by st4evr » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pm

h8dyt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 pm
I just got an email from the support team saying my drive is working just fine. They said that it's a new version of the movie and asked for me to upload the accs file or whatever one it is.
Forum search function works. Use it.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... mit=Search

That error and how to proceed has been discussed hundreds of times already. You have to do your part to get this resolved.

Post Reply