UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: UHD support

Post by SamuriHL »

That's normal. Nothing to worry about at all.
RiotNrrrd

Post by RiotNrrrd »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:08 am
1. You should decrypt it so that you can play the video back, otherwise you'll need to decrypt it with MakeMKV before playing it. Double the work and time.

2. That can mean many things but the 3 most likely are a dirty/bad disc, a defective drive, or bad power/SATA connection.

4. Never seen a drive start getting errors after it finished a backup; strange.

5. No it's not the sleep bug, that only happens when the drive is idle and then you tried to read it; it will not happen when during a backup.

6. idk again I have seen about 8 defective drives sometimes they were fine others they would fail.
Thanks for the response Billycar11.

I think I learned my lesson re: decrypting, but my first idea was to make a bit-for-bit copy to try and test writing to a blank disc and see if the (still-encrypted) copy would play in my CA CXUHD player.

I think I can rule out dirty/bad disc or defective drive given my results in #2. I have the drive in an OWC external enclosure and it's quite nice, so I doubt it's a bad connection either.

As far as the

Code: Select all

Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS55 1.02' at offset 'NNNNNN'
errors go, the only thing I can add is that I did not remove the disc right away.

I discovered much later (and to my horror) that the blue access light was still blinking on the drive. No idea why. I ejected the disc and it was very warm to the touch - so I left the drive door open for awhile to let the excess heat escape. Hoping none of the internal drive components got fried from the heat! :shock:

Needless to say, I'm removing all discs as soon as the backup is finished from now on ...

Well I guess I'll just have to hope this drive is fine more often than it fails ... just wanted to make sure I wasn't making some n00b mistake.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

As for making a bit for bit encrypted backup that's rather impossible. There would be no need to decrypt anything if it were. There's information on the original that can't be duplicated causing any encrypted backup to not be decryptable. So no you can't just make any encrypted backup disc and stick it in a player and have it work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

ive probably have put close to 100 uhd discs through my uhd drive would definitely recommend vantec next-star dx enclosure .I have thought im a lot better off by discovering 4k video and the ability to be able to use my computer as a 4k video playback station.I'm thankful for this forum now have a hobby. :)
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

smartieyoung wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:51 pm
ive probably have put close to 100 uhd discs through my uhd drive would definitely recommend vantec next-star dx enclosure .I have thought im a lot better off by discovering 4k video and the ability to be able to use my computer as a 4k video playback station.I'm thankful for this forum now have a hobby. :)
Smartieyoung you are always so positive and helpful in these discussions, I'd like to think I'm not alone in saying that I'm grateful you have this hobby as well! Keep it up buddy.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

thanks Alex,i appreciate your kind words,i find this hobby interesting i just pre -ordered the 4k version of the witch i have a interest in. :wink: .im up to my eyeballs in 4k movies so i'm trying to wait until things come out that i like.i will keep it up alex :D
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

smartieyoung wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:06 pm
thanks Alex,i appreciate your kind words,i find this hobby interesting i just pre -ordered the 4k version of the witch i have a interest in. :wink: .im up to my eyeballs in 4k movies so i'm trying to wait until things come out that i like.i will keep it up alex :D
You may have actually been the first person I sent a drive to. Coming up on a year of that. It's rather funny, Fry's no longer stocks LG drives of any kind. We finally cleaned them out coast to coast!
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

interesting Alex, it wouldn't surprise me there is a big demand for these drives.i don't think you can get these drives anymore at retail outlets.
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

Im autually wondering when i have a new disc what kind of micro cloth i should get to clean the discs?
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

smartieyoung wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:05 pm
Im autually wondering when i have a new disc what kind of micro cloth i should get to clean the discs?
any kind, as long as they are micro fiber and don't leave lint
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

smartieyoung wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:52 pm
interesting Alex, it wouldn't surprise me there is a big demand for these drives.i don't think you can get these drives anymore at retail outlets.
There are a few places left where you can buy drives off the shelf like Microcenter, which we don't have. My local branch of a little mom and pop electronics place here in the bay area burned down the other night which is a bummer but no one was hurt and they'll rebuild.
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

I will definitely get a good microfiber cleaning colth and im sorry to hear your local mom and pop store burned down the other night in your area.i had the thought that some data centers might eventually have old drives too that they might offer for sale i imagine theres still plenty to be had.😉🧯🎰
thetoerag

Post by thetoerag »

I seem to be having something weird happen when trying to decrypt UHD disc

MakeMKV v1.14.3 win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\theto/MakeMKV_log.txt
Backing up disc into folder "Q:/BATMAN_1989"
DEBUG: Code 0 at C?BR<ILd43iU2rH~:121262325
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\theto/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v68_BATMAN_1989_D3DA.tgz
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.
DEBUG: Code 0 at jFJ/sedl|n^h9"'$:29396115
DEBUG: Code 0 at g75u^zn^>U:IVZGA(]>:213141116
DEBUG: Code 0 at \njBo?vhlq/vib}6Jnjy:29396713
Backup failed

What does it mean by LibreDrive requiered.

On other UHD's I have done this has never come up, all I need was the key to decrypt, is this something new?

I am at a loss now as to what is wrong as I have never noticed that in the log before.
Heaven Won't Have Me & Hells Afraid I Will Take Over
hernanez

Post by hernanez »

I'm using a friendly drive with the MK WH16NS60 patch. Copied discs before without issues.

Today I tried to copy a disc but did not notice that "decrypt" was unchecked and got a bunch of errors:

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..00200740100720..0B2E0FA6EB3845847F058EBE905C3DA7F50 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..00200740100720..091FE934FE6F8A46C793DFAB2FD13FB39CC to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..00200740100720..0BEDC6FFD61A3321FF8F9940A1D9DE7A9B4 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0'
and after a bunch of those errors above:

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
File "/dummy_f.dat" was skipped
Backup done
and then it continued and was copying the files fine with backup complete.

I then realised it wasn't set to decrypt and started it again with decryption. Disc was supported and it copied fine without such errors at all.

Should I be worried about those errors?
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

Is it normal that with latest MakeMKV version, submitted dumps are so small (90 kB size approx) instead of the larger ones (3 MB) of previous version ?

I've submitted few days ago dumps to Mike (SVQ mail address) but I can't decrypt my original UHD disc yet (Captain Marvel UHD Italian disc). :(