UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
studlygoorite

Re: UHD support

Post by studlygoorite » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:21 am

If anyone cares, I was able to strip away the HDR and rip SDR with CloneBD so colors are fine

Billycar11

Re: UHD HDR vs SDR support

Post by Billycar11 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:00 am

studlygoorite wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:16 pm
Hi there, I would like to back up my UHD collection but have a question. My projector is an Epson LS10000 that cannot do HDR but 4k looks amazing. I assume my UHD player plays the SDR version in this case, if I rip with MakeMKV will I run into any issues? I have read that some people have washed out video because it plays an HDR version on a SDR display.

John
yes i dont think there is an sdr version on the disks only hdr but it depends what you play it back with most hardware players have good hdr to sdr conversion. software players are getting better vlc just got a massive improvement but still a noticeable difference the best tone mapping players i have used are any that can use madvr and funnily enough the windows 10 moves and tv app is good at tone mapping too probably because of xbox playing uhd disks.

nagasadow26

Re: UHD support

Post by nagasadow26 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Hello,

Im new to this whole UHD ripping but have been using for a couple of days now and im very impressed with MKV, I will be purchasing. I did have an issue with The Last Jedi UHD but it finally worked?? It sat in my drive (Asus BW-16D1HT) then tried and it worked. Very weird. I also noticed that cleaning the discs works if you get errors. I havent quite figured out how to setup and access dump files but I havent really needed to as all discs have been ripping fine with cleaning the discs periodically.

Thanks for all the hard work!!