MakeMkv reporting different HDR meta-data than my UHD player

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
madfloyd

MakeMkv reporting different HDR meta-data than my UHD player

Post by madfloyd »

I'm trying to understand why I'm seeing a MaxCLL value of 181 when playing Blade Runner 2049 (US version) on my Panasonic dmp-UB900 player whereas if I play the ripped .mkv file the MaxCLL value is 500.

Mediainfo reports that the .MKV file I ripped has a MaxCLL of 500. My hunch is that it should be 181 as this value also matches what is reported at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =184653968

I don't know if this is a bug or if there is a legitimate explanation for the discrepancy.

Any ideas?
madfloyd

Re: MakeMkv reporting different HDR meta-data than my UHD pl

Post by madfloyd »

More investigation seems to indicate that it's only this title that has the discrepancy.

Also, I've noticed that both the above mentioned spreadsheet and madVR indicate this is not a DCI-P3 title (usually the madVR info screen shows BT.2020->DCI-P3 whereas with Bladerunner 2049 it only shows BT.2020).

Not sure this is a big deal but I was curious.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

madfloyd wrote:I'm trying to understand why I'm seeing a MaxCLL value of 181 when playing Blade Runner 2049 (US version) on my Panasonic dmp-UB900 player whereas if I play the ripped .mkv file the MaxCLL value is 500.

Mediainfo reports that the .MKV file I ripped has a MaxCLL of 500. My hunch is that it should be 181 as this value also matches what is reported at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =184653968

I don't know if this is a bug or if there is a legitimate explanation for the discrepancy.

Any ideas?
Just so you know max min adv have 0 bearing on the light levels in hdr. On the sample encodes with madvr it makes squat of difference. Your hdr TV will show its max light level (which is a good thing) if they are set to 0). I could be wrong but the samples I've tested seem to lean towards this. I've been sampling hdr well before smurfs came out. I'm not the leaker of uhd content to make this clear to anyone reading this. I've seen raw 900 gig captures in 422 100bit encoded with all sorts of tags to trigger hdr. 7 to 12gig per min capture using raid 0 drives. Some captured with m.2 as well. If you guys are willing to test on different hdr tvs that would be great. 3 tvs I've seen show 0 difference.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Some have reported Metadata has different data b4 and after extraction. This is Sony water mark data inserted to track down uhd rips if you plan on serving them on websites. They are very smart putting in this hidden Metadata within the first 5 minutes of playback. Never play these on uhd players as they may call home. Madvr pc is safe.later