Independace Day Resurgence

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Netmanca

Independace Day Resurgence

Post by Netmanca »

First post here be gentle :wink:

Bought the ASUS drive last August to start taking a whack at Blu Rays. Little did I know at the time this was the perfect drive for 4k reads. Beginnners luck. Anyway ive got the Blu Ray side mastered.

If one thing good has come from the exercise I have realized the ASUS never sent me my rebate and I had to reach out to them for a follow up and the actually responded!

I picked up Independence Day Resurgence Combo UHD/Bluray.

Ran it in MakeMKV and got the dreaded key not found.

So I ran the Hash and it does NOT match any of the 4 entries in the key file.

I sent the dump to Mike as requested by the other forum posts.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything in the process as I did see 4 entries for the same film all with different hash.

Is there a good disc to get to try out to make sure I'm doing the process correctly?

Thanks to all the posts here this is a great resourse!
preserve

Re: Independace Day Resurgence

Post by preserve »

Generating your own SHA1 hash of Unit_Key_RO.inf will only compare to the related hashes in the keydb.cfg method, since keydb.cfg uses this hash as a means of disc identification.

Not to be confused with hashed keys. The new hashed keys method does not have a means of disc identification, but it's MakeMKV's method for keys and it has more keys (and will continue to gain more through users submitting dumps) than keydb.cfg.

As such, make sure you are running 1.10.10 and have read about hashed keys and downloaded the latest hashed keys files here: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16959

Assuming all of these steps have been followed, you have done everything correctly and thanks for submitting the dump! Watch the hashed keys thread for updates to the hashed keys file.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Netmanca

Post by Netmanca »

Thanks!
That was it pulled the latest file and its working now!
Netmanca

Post by Netmanca »

Ok, Completed, but i ended up with 2 files from 1 source file, t00 is 33gb and t22 is 27 gb, I only saw one source when i kicked off the process