Revoked drive with v1.12.0

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jagrjones

Revoked drive with v1.12.0

Post by jagrjones »

Using v 1.12.0 with a WH16NS60 to try to rip some UHD.

I'm getting a whole lot of "Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT"

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive

Is it possible my drive was revoked by a newer disc?

Log attached. Thanks for the help. Sorry if the question is dumb.
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(83.8 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
d00zah

Re: Revoked drive with v1.12.0

Post by d00zah »

Looks like the key for the specific disc is unavailable.

Did you download the 'keys_hashed.txt' file linked here?

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16959

Did you store said 'keys_hashed.txt' file in the MakeMKV data directory defined General preferences tab?

If set up correctly, but disc is currently NOT supported, follow the instructions from the link above.
jagrjones

Post by jagrjones »

I have the latest hashed keys in my data directory. I guess I just gave bad luck with none of my discs being supported yet.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Seems like it...

003332:0000 Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\jagrjones/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v61_Wonder_Woman_D99B.tgz
003303:0000 The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Submit 'MKB20_v61_Wonder_Woman_D99B.tgz' to svq@makemkv.com & I imagine it will eventually get added to 'keys_hashed.txt'
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

jagrjones wrote:I have the latest hashed keys in my data directory. I guess I just gave bad luck with none of my discs being supported yet.
Furthermore you're using a real UHD device, instead of a UHD friendly one.
mmmkv

Post by mmmkv »

TeddyRaspin wrote:Furthermore you're using a real UHD device, instead of a UHD friendly one.
From what I've read there have been multiple users over at MyCE who have successfully used the WH16NS60 to rip UHD despite it being an officially certified drive.
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

mmmkv wrote:
TeddyRaspin wrote:Furthermore you're using a real UHD device, instead of a UHD friendly one.
From what I've read there have been multiple users over at MyCE who have successfully used the WH16NS60 to rip UHD despite it being an officially certified drive.
Yes, but things must be explained better.

WH16NS60 is a Real UHD drive. It is fully supported by DeUHD, while it's not fully supported by MakeMKV and AnyDVD HD.

With MakeMKV you can only rip or backup a UHD disc for which a Volume Key (hashed_key) is known.

AnyDVD HD will not allow ripping or creating protected ISO at all (for the moment).

DeUHD fully supports this device, so you will be able to do anything (protected ISO, unprotected ISO and ripping to folder).

But I prefer a UHD friendly drive, which can do better and more than a real UHD one. :wink: