WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
d3rd3vil
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by d3rd3vil » Sun May 27, 2018 4:20 pm

@Woodstock: The thread is about rips with DV. The fact of the matter is though that dual layer stuff ONLY works on the expensive Oppo. So we all need a dual to single layer conversion ofc otherwise no chance to enjoy that stuff.

So far still no conversion possibilities. Its a damn shame. What can we do what can we do

xmenw
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by xmenw » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:47 am

Just saw this:

http://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2& ... b9007f5b7b

Its a long thread, I haven't read through it.

d3rd3vil
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by d3rd3vil » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:42 pm

The Apple 4k TV cant read dual layer DV files as no other mediaplayer can except the Oppo. No one knows how to convert dual to single layer. So thats all there is. Nothing new over there, we are fucked

xmenw
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by xmenw » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:04 pm

d3rd3vil wrote:The Apple 4k TV cant read dual layer DV files as no other mediaplayer can except the Oppo. No one knows how to convert dual to single layer. So thats all there is. Nothing new over there, we are fucked
I think the new Panasonic players will have this ability as well, however, they don't seem to support loss less audio over the network. Is there no alternative on PC to playback DV?

d3rd3vil
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by d3rd3vil » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Hell no. You CANT play DV unless you have an Oppo. No pc software can handle it and no one is working on it or has an ETA for any support forget that....

There will be a 1000 Euros Panasonic player ofc but if it has the ability you better buy a 800 Euros Oppo :D

Plus NO other discplayer can play the DV stuff via USB drive or usb stick. Doesnt work. Only the Oppo can do it.....we are fucked big time!

xmenw
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by xmenw » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm

d3rd3vil wrote:Hell no. You CANT play DV unless you have an Oppo. No pc software can handle it and no one is working on it or has an ETA for any support forget that....

There will be a 1000 Euros Panasonic player ofc but if it has the ability you better buy a 800 Euros Oppo :D

Plus NO other discplayer can play the DV stuff via USB drive or usb stick. Doesnt work. Only the Oppo can do it.....we are fucked big time!
I do have an oppo 203, but the oppo's blu ray division is going out of business. What we need for more players to support it is, Consumer grade cameras recording 4k in DV, which needs playback from devices. It is kind of sad case. I almost want to buy a 2nd 203, for backup.

d3rd3vil
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by d3rd3vil » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Good idea. Buy 10 Oppo 203 for 8k I would recommend that. But that doesnt help us with the DV problem not one bit.

buffalo master
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by buffalo master » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:07 pm

We need a hero at Dolby to just leak the source code already.

Free us! Deliver us from this HDR10 hell!

d3rd3vil
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by d3rd3vil » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm guessing anyone who leaks the DV code will get castrated so we wont see any leaks. No one knows how to do it we are fucked big time. No light at the end of the tunnel.

buffalo master
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by buffalo master » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:18 am

d3rd3vil wrote:I'm guessing anyone who leaks the DV code will get castrated so we wont see any leaks. No one knows how to do it we are fucked big time. No light at the end of the tunnel.
Never underestimate the Internet. Life... finds a way.

Eventually. :|

d3rd3vil
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by d3rd3vil » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:37 pm

I dont doubt it maybe in 20 years when we have 8k and Dolby Vision 3 then Dolby Vision gets leaked ofc. But that doesnt help us in the 4k era we are in now!

VAMET
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:09 am
Location: Gdynia, Poland
Contact:

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by VAMET » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:11 am

Dear Friends

There is the newest DVDFab 10.0.9.9 with UHD Copy, UHD Ripper, UHD Cinavia Removal, which can create remuxes without Cinavia Watermark:
- UHD Copy with Main Movie profile (you may remove audio and subtitles tracks, which you don't want to have in the final file) it will create BDMV Folder Structure or ISO (you will have Dolby Vision preserved)
- UHD Ripper, which may create .m2ts, .mkv remuxes using M2TS or MKV passthrough profile (in the case of .m2ts you will have Dolby Vision preserved)

Depends of which method do you use: BDMV Folder Structure or ISO, you may burn it to Blu-Ray Disc and play in standalone player with Dolby Vision support. The second method with standalone .m2ts file, you need to play it on 4K TV Dolby Vision, which support .m2ts files or any other player, which support .m2ts.

In both cases you will have Dolby Vision working without any problems.

You may try by yourself, because DVDFab 10.0.9.9 has got trial version, which allows you to create 3 movies remuxes. Just remember to download 64 bit version, because only this one work with UHD Dolby Vision.

Sincerely

xmenw
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by xmenw » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:07 pm

VAMET wrote:Dear Friends

There is the newest DVDFab 10.0.9.9 with UHD Copy, UHD Ripper, UHD Cinavia Removal, which can create remuxes without Cinavia Watermark:
- UHD Copy with Main Movie profile (you may remove audio and subtitles tracks, which you don't want to have in the final file) it will create BDMV Folder Structure or ISO (you will have Dolby Vision preserved)
- UHD Ripper, which may create .m2ts, .mkv remuxes using M2TS or MKV passthrough profile (in the case of .m2ts you will have Dolby Vision preserved)

Depends of which method do you use: BDMV Folder Structure or ISO, you may burn it to Blu-Ray Disc and play in standalone player with Dolby Vision support. The second method with standalone .m2ts file, you need to play it on 4K TV Dolby Vision, which support .m2ts files or any other player, which support .m2ts.

In both cases you will have Dolby Vision working without any problems.

You may try by yourself, because DVDFab 10.0.9.9 has got trial version, which allows you to create 3 movies remuxes. Just remember to download 64 bit version, because only this one work with UHD Dolby Vision.

Sincerely
I believe over the network this would still only work with the Oppo 203/205. Nothing new here.

d3rd3vil
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by d3rd3vil » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:36 pm

VAMET wrote:Dear Friends
In both cases you will have Dolby Vision working without any problems.
Sounds really good. Unfortunately I also believe this just "keeps" the dual layer Dolby Vision information which we cant use no matter what. We really really need dual to single layer conversion but that wont happen with official support. No chance....

That burning method is still sth. I would look into. Unfortunately no cheaper DV disc player can handle burned discs above 66gb. Any movie under 66gb might work ofc.

Edit: Just tried it, same shit. The converter might be the key, but it only keeps/recognizes the HDR10, not the DV :(

d3rd3vil
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by d3rd3vil » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Nothing!!! Sth HAS TO HAPPEN!!!!

Post Reply