WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
olevelo

Re: WANTED: Results of UHD Rips with Dolby Vision

Post by olevelo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:39 am

thelittleworm wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:57 pm
It can't be that crazy. Someone should be able to figure it out and it could lead us to Dolby vision mkv!
Unfortunately I think it's on the playback side, not the storage. Since the MP4 is just storing the dual layer stream just like we've already been able to do with MKV. It's just that the LG (and presumably Vizio) are able to play back the dual stream MP4.

I think our best bets are either to figure out how to jam TrueHD Atmos in MP4 (which doesn't help much since the only things that seem to play these back are the TVs themselves and you can't pass that stream to a receiver anyway), or get Kodi and/or other programs to playback the dual stream MKVs. Rumor is the Shield will get DV output in a future update, and maybe that is part of the solution.

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:20 am

Not to get too far off topic but where did you see that the SHIELD is getting DV support? Nothing I've read shows that.

olevelo

Post by olevelo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:22 am

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:20 am
Not to get too far off topic but where did you see that the SHIELD is getting DV support? Nothing I've read shows that.
Like I said, just rumors. There was a recent discussion on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidT ... on_or_not/) and a couple references to vague Nvidia comments that it would. One of the biggest points is their upcoming BFGD's that will have a built-in Shield. Obviously the hardware is different though so they may not backport all features (but almost no way that one doesn't get DV support). Most likely they'll announce a new one at CES in a couple of weeks that will support it...making my two week old Shield obsolete haha.

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:35 am

We'll just say I have my doubts on that and leave it at that. Rumors are fun but I don't see any real evidence.

olevelo

Post by olevelo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:32 pm

wahidovic123 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:04 pm
I got stuck in step two
how can I use TS Muxer to open the ISO?
thank you for your explanation
I'm trying to follow your steps step by step
Try doing folder type backup with makemkv which gives you the folder structure of the disc instead of ISO. Then just used TSMuxer on the main movie m2ts. That's how I did it with no issue.

Epedemic

Post by Epedemic » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:14 pm

I have a cheaper than cheap Alfawise H96 Pro + android box based on the Amlogic S912 chipset, which, on paper, does DV. In the (very crappy) android 7.1.2 OS it comes with, there are actually several options for DV, and surprisingly the build in (crappy) video player will actually show a DV logo when playing these remuxed mp4s! However, unfortunately, this does not make my LG E6 switch to DV :/ Maybe this is a place to start for an alternative to buying a Sony X700 or Oppo?

olevelo

Post by olevelo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:57 am

Epedemic wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:14 pm
I have a cheaper than cheap Alfawise H96 Pro + android box based on the Amlogic S912 chipset, which, on paper, does DV. In the (very crappy) android 7.1.2 OS it comes with, there are actually several options for DV, and surprisingly the build in (crappy) video player will actually show a DV logo when playing these remuxed mp4s! However, unfortunately, this does not make my LG E6 switch to DV :/ Maybe this is a place to start for an alternative to buying a Sony X700 or Oppo?
What do you mean that the video player shows a DV logo, but the LG doesn't switch?