Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Post by SamuriHL »

mike admin wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:16 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:14 pm
Ewwww, so they're watermarking the decrypted stream on the fly? Yuck.
These are 2 orthogonal things.
First, AACS2 (even 2.0) watermarks video on the fly. I'm not sure if it is always enabled or not. Every player seen so far has watermarking/parsing code for all 3 codecs. This is insane.

The AACS 2.1 works pretty much exactly same way as late BD+ watermarking. Imagine you have an N-bit number that uniquely identifies your player (the number is derieved from AACS2 node id). In FMTS file you have (at least N) "alternative" segments each encoded twice (i.e. red hat or green hat). Each variation is encoded by unique key, so 2xN keys total for a single FMTS file (plus regular default title key). The player cryptographically derives N keys, so for each segment it can only decrypt just one variation, thus encoding bit "one" or "zero". So yes, there are 65536 "cuts" of Patriot and Fury. And there is one single "DeUHD" cut for both.
Holy hell! That's absolutely insane!!! I did not know that AACS 2.0 did watermarking, as well. Thank you for posting this info! That's quite enlightening.
canadien37

Post by canadien37 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:07 am
I've never shared a video and never would. I haven't spent many thousands of dollars on a home entertainment system to jack content. In my case my physical UHD player has never been connected to a network nor will it be. Any firmware updates that are required are done offline. If they eventually require a connection to view content on it, then it will get disconnected and thrown in a closet somewhere. I'm not playing that game with them. I rip to MKV format so I can use my SHIELD and/or J River MC off my NAS. That's it. I just want my own personal "VUDU" type system where i have my digital library with the best possible quality I can get. These silly games they play with protection just puts me off on buying into new formats. I didn't invest in UHD equipment until I was sure backups could be made of all the titles I wanted to buy. I know you went the capture route and that's also good I just don't have the knowledge to go down that path. If they block me from backing things up in the future I very well may abandon UHD as a format and stick with the discs I've purchased so far and call it good. I've zero interest in piracy.
My thoughts exactly.......I don't need UHD to the point of dealing with this nonsense, I have a SHIELD based home theatre system......I'll just enjoy my current films, and just do Blu-ray if I have to........I'll miss HDR content, but it won't be worth the hassle if they keep this up.......
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

honestly i think im taking a break from UHD disks right now because of this it doesnt seem to be worth the extra hassel.I just want to be able to enjoy my films the way i want to.Bluray is fine for me as well until the industry settles down with this nonsense.
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

Your choice of course.

Keep in mind: there have been two titles to date with AACS 2.1. Two out of how many? Any new titles don't seem to be continuing to use it.

Who knows what will happen in the long run (well we do know: physical media will die). I suspect if you do care for 4k, grab the movies now. I don't think, except high profile titles, that you'll be able to buy them for too long. I've already had to import some that seemed to have limited quantity produced for the US.

This will never settle down by the way - once we move on from physical media, then the challenge will shift to backing up our streaming media. content does not want to be controlled.
nathanddrews

Post by nathanddrews »

One trip over to Blu-ray.com will show that this UHD train isn't slowing down. Tons of new and classic titles are on the way. I'm in it to win it.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Look at it this way....most UHD's come with blu-rays anyway. Which is how I started collecting UHD's months ago before I upgraded my equipment. I'm going to stick with the format. Hopefully permanent solutions to the AACS 2.x problem can be found. At least as good as the blu-ray solutions. This cat and mouse game will never stop so you have to be prepared for that. People forget when BD+ came out how much of a nightmare that was and took MONTHS for it to get defeated. Cinavia is another attempt. AACS 2.1 is the latest in a long line of these efforts. The right people are working on solutions. In the meantime, we can enjoy what we're able to backup.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

This will never settle down by the way - once we move on from physical media, then the challenge will shift to backing up our streaming media. content does not want to be controlled.
Capture is going to be only way once media is done with or if 1/2 key server decrypt via eithernet is forced. It all comes down to the hdr 18g bandwith splitter and hdcp bypass.

Ill give you guys a hint:

When source runs thru hdcp 2.2 real splitter forsay you have a 2,3,4 port split. Each splitter has one port where it gets its edid info from. That fulfills hdcp requirment (need hdr tv with hdcp 2.2/hdmi 2.0) The company can say its hdcp compliant which is true only to one port...lol
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Another hint:

Scms copywrite bit on bitream audio does not get passed thru toslink. So 5.1 live capture is possible off uhd to certain hardware with optic in. This is how tv shows are captured in multichannel bitsream. They decided the video was more important to protect.....
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

No word on this for a couple of weeks. I wonder if Mike is any closer to supporting 2.1? Anyone heard anything?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 am
No word on this for a couple of weeks. I wonder if Mike is any closer to supporting 2.1? Anyone heard anything?
I think that just someday, we will be surprised with an update. One would guess by now Mike has reverse engineered how the other program does it, so we can hope it's a matter of time, sooner than later.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

@mike admin,

Hi Mike, when you have a moment, I was hoping you could give us an update on this.

I would really like to backup my Fury UHD and I refuse to purchase Deuhd just to rip one movie!!

Appreciate it!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Thornback

Post by Thornback »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:11 am
@mike admin,

Hi Mike, when you have a moment, I was hoping you could give us an update on this.

I would really like to backup my Fury UHD and I refuse to purchase Deuhd just to rip one movie!!

Appreciate it!
Why not pirate in this instance? The way I see it, you have legally obtained the disc but unable to back up. You should now be entitled to download said movie off the internet for back-up purposes (plenty of untouched 4K Fury rips online).

Note: I am only suggesting this for legally purchased movies that are unable to be ripped due to various errors, lack of support, etc.
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

I was curious enough to look at dvdfab in the meantime,and I found that i could decrypt the Blu-ray version of the uhd combo pack with this program.but I'm not sure it can decrypt the patriot uhd disk.I'm holding my cards with make mkv and an eventual support of this version of 2.1 decryption.I'm somewhat surprised that more studios didn't embrace this version of aaccs.I guess it would just cost too much.wonder what the next few months hold for copy protection. :?:
MagnumXL

Post by MagnumXL »

I've just unpleasantly found this issue with my own 4K Fury I just bought (didn't know about it). The thing is that I don't even need or want the 4K video to rip. I just want the Atmos soundtrack to move over to the 2K rip for my KODI based NVidia Shield system (I have a 2K/3D projector but a 9.1.6 "Scatmos" (derives the extra front width and top middle channels using matrix and/or Pro Logic center output) Atmos/X/Auro-3D sound system). Is there any way it would be possible to just rip the audio tracks and not the video? MakeMKV won't even "open" the disc so it doesn't apparently seem to be so.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Nope. It's all part of the same m2ts files and are all encrypted. Until AACS 2.1 is handled you won't be able to decrypt it.