Predator (1987) UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
cmdrdredd

Predator (1987) UHD

Post by cmdrdredd »

I haver the latest hashed keys text file and purchased the single movie (not the multipack with all 3). It is being reported as unsupported even though I see it listed in the text file. Is there perhaps a different key for the individual release vs the 3 pack?

Anything I should try? Thanks
SamuriHL

Re: Predator (1987) UHD

Post by SamuriHL »

You should send it in as according to http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16765
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

cmdrdredd

Post by cmdrdredd »

SamuriHL wrote:You should send it in as according to http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16765
I wasn't sure if this was still the way it was being handled since the change to hashed keys.

Also don't assume I'm an idiot because of my post count, I've been using MakeMKV for a long time and I know all about how to rip UHD discs and how it works(so linking me to the FAQ is not helpful). Just wanted to confirm there was a different key for the single movie release or if there was something specific I should try before I make the statement that it doesn't work.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

cmdrdredd wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:You should send it in as according to http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16765
I wasn't sure if this was still the way it was being handled since the change to hashed keys.

Also don't assume I'm an idiot because of my post count, I've been using MakeMKV for a long time and I know all about how to rip UHD discs and how it works(so linking me to the FAQ is not helpful). Just wanted to confirm there was a different key for the single movie release or if there was something specific I should try before I make the statement that it doesn't work.
No one assumed that, so be calm. Your question is a common question that has been asked many times over and has always been answered by reading the links provided. Why do we need to go into detail for you when the answer is readily available?

If you have been ripping UHD discs for some time now then you have an idea that most--not all--but most discs will have multiple keys. It's just a standard part of the manufacturing process for discs for many studios and their AACS protection standards. If you get the MakeMKV error that points to a non-existing key then simply submit the dump.

Additionally, Mike and the rest of the members here who have created FAQs and guides have been good about keeping up with the major changes for the app. My hat’s off to them. So, I see no reason to doubt a major change in the process would be announced by Mike himself and/or said resources updated to reflect the change. At least it has been the case so far.
Last edited by st4evr on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nathanddrews

Post by nathanddrews »

My copy was delivered yesterday and I encountered errors. After upgrading to 1.12.3 and downloading the latest hashed keys, it still failed. I submitted both dumps to svq.
nathanddrews

Post by nathanddrews »

August 11th hashed keys fixed it. Predator is backing up as I type this.