Ripping 4k UHD rental disc

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Sush1988

Ripping 4k UHD rental disc

Post by Sush1988 »

I have rented a 4k UHD disc yesterday and I tried ripping it and I get errors that it cannot open the disc.

I copied the Latest Hashed keys file and it has multiple keys for the movie The Matrix yet it cannot open the disc.

I am using the following configuration

MacOS (Also tried Windows 10)
LG BP60NB10 (UHD Drive)

I have also attached the Dump and sent it to Mike too. Any ideas on how I can resolve the encryption thing? Suggestions are welcome.
Attachments
MKB20_v61_The_Matrix_7EAB.tgz
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 654 times
annisman

Re: Ripping 4k UHD rental disc

Post by annisman »

You're 30 years old, why are you stealing?
Sush1988

Post by Sush1988 »

annisman wrote:You're 30 years old, why are you stealing?

I am not really stealing anything, And there is no such thing as am 30 I shouldn't steal.If someone wants to steal they can be any age.

I just wanted to try the Lg drive I purchased yesterday and the best possible way I could find a 4K disc was rental.I am planning to buy 4K discs for my collection in coming days.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Sush1988 wrote:I have rented a 4k UHD disc yesterday and I tried ripping it and I get errors that it cannot open the disc.

I copied the Latest Hashed keys file and it has multiple keys for the movie The Matrix yet it cannot open the disc.

I am using the following configuration

MacOS (Also tried Windows 10)
LG BP60NB10 (UHD Drive)

I have also attached the Dump and sent it to Mike too. Any ideas on how I can resolve the encryption thing? Suggestions are welcome.
You need to do some serious catching up on the UHD BD ripping topic. This has been an ongoing thing for almost a year now and there are multiple resources, topics, and posts in this forum and around the web that discuss the VERY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS needed for successful ripping of UHD discs. In short, your drive is NOT supported.

You can start here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 16&t=16832

and here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16883

Additional note, Official UHD drives are NOT supported by MakeMKV at this time. SOME may be supported in the future as mentioned by Mike, but not yet. Caveat: Unless you cross flash one of the supported Official UHD Drives with UHD Friendly drive firmware as discussed here:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 16&t=17091
Sush1988

Post by Sush1988 »

Got it my bad.I might have to find a drive in the list provided. I thought official UHD drives are better off but they are not. :)
Sush1988

Post by Sush1988 »

I have purchased the ASUS BW-16D1HT just now.Since I don't have a desktop I also purchased SATA to USB 3.0 Adapter and connected it to Mac and its not getting detected. I have also tried on Windows 10 Virtual machine through VMware fusion but it didn't work.

Is it possible to connect the ASUS BW-16D1HT with the SATA to USB 3.0 Adapter to the Mac or Windows 10 virtual machine?
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Must be internal connected. USB will not work sorry...
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

gereral1 wrote:Must be internal connected. USB will not work sorry...
have not tried on my macbook but on my windows 10 pc, usb with that drive works fine

spl147

Post by spl147 »

Sush1988 wrote:I have purchased the ASUS BW-16D1HT just now.Since I don't have a desktop I also purchased SATA to USB 3.0 Adapter and connected it to Mac and its not getting detected. I have also tried on Windows 10 Virtual machine through VMware fusion but it didn't work.

Is it possible to connect the ASUS BW-16D1HT with the SATA to USB 3.0 Adapter to the Mac or Windows 10 virtual machine?
i have been using this enclosure https://www.vantecusa.com/products_deta ... Enclosures since day 1 with the ASUS BW-16D1HT with 0 issues!
spl147

Post by spl147 »

gereral1 wrote:Must be internal connected. USB will not work sorry...
that is incorrect!

this one works perfectly fine!
https://www.vantecusa.com/products_deta ... Enclosures
onienzeru

Post by onienzeru »

gereral1 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:22 am
Must be internal connected. USB will not work sorry...
This is absolutely incorrect. I think what he may be mixing things up with, is the external usb VARIANT of the drive that is already in an enclosure made by ASUS. This drive WILL NOT work as it is physically different than the internal drive. Purchasing the internal drive and putting it into a USB enclosure will work just fine, I just did it myself.

I think the reason why your drive may not have been recognized is if it is just a sata to usb adapter. Optical drives and desktop size HDDs require separate power, as USB cannot deliver enough on it's own to spin the motors. Non powered adapters are for SSD use only though you can sometimes get away with a laptop HDD.

Where did you get that ASUS drive from? If amazon, it probably wont work. Those drives have already been patched. Anything manufactured in 2018 wont work (in my experience these drives usually already have patched firmware). You need a drive around 2016 - 2017. It needs to have specific firmware. If this is the case, I have 3 LGWH16NS40 drives ( firmware 1.02, SVC NS50 ) that I could sell you if you need a drive. Jonghotti is also a great resource for drives around here and is fairly active in this community.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

My drive works perfect and so does my dlink 4k hdr captures for new protections. I read users are having troubles with external usb drives of this type of drive. I run latest hardware. Core i7 8700k max hero x board. I run 3.0 firmware.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

I ment external type usb type. Sorry