Deadpool 4K UHD failing to rip despite previous successful rips of other 4K UHD discs

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Gadgety

Deadpool 4K UHD failing to rip despite previous successful rips of other 4K UHD discs

Post by Gadgety »

I bought Deadpool 4K UHD from Amazon.fr. Previous 4k rips of other movies have all worked, using MakeMKV 1.12.2, but this disk returns just noise and a "no disk" message. I had 4 hashed keys for this movie. I thought it might be that my hashed tags needed updating but discovered that the 24.08.2018 update has been removed. So I downloaded v. 1.12.3, hoping it might download new codes, unfortunately yielding the same result. Is there any way to discover whether the problem is with the disc or whether it might be AACS 2.1, or something else?
st4evr

Re: Deadpool 4K UHD failing to rip despite previous successful rips of other 4K UHD discs

Post by st4evr »

Read this:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17727&p=64101&hili ... ons#p64101

As the same can apply to your disc.

Then read this on how to submit the dumps to Mike and you'll have to wait:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16883

And no, this is NOT a 2.1 disc. There are currently only 2 discs with that version of AACS and this is not one of them. The list is public knowledge and can be found by searching this forum and/or Google.
Gadgety

Re: Deadpool 4K UHD failing to rip despite previous successful rips of other 4K UHD discs

Post by Gadgety »

Thank you for the rapid reply st4evr! This is kind of embarrassing, I read where to send the dump, and I had "always create BD+ dumps" enabled, but where do I actually find the dump file so that I can send it? I may have missed it in the text you linked because it's almost 3 am here. Ooops, I guess this is it: https://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/dump.html
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Gadgety wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:47 am
Thank you for the rapid reply st4evr! This is kind of embarrassing, I read where to send the dump, and I had "always create BD+ dumps" enabled, but where do I actually find the dump file so that I can send it? I may have missed it in the text you linked because it's almost 3 am here. Ooops, I guess this is it: https://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/dump.html
That same FAQ thread further clarifies where to find the location for the dumps needed for UHD key updates if you scroll down to the posts below. You can also set it to whatever you want. Quick link:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16883&p=62472&hili ... ion#p62472
Gadgety

Post by Gadgety »

Thank you, st4evr! I missed that. I found it of course. However, the *tgz dump file is dated May 5 this year, so it looks like a new one hasn't been created. I guess that suggests there's something wrong with the optical disk?

There are a couple of other files in there, among them keys_hashed.txt file is from May 4, and a few more, including the _private_data.tar file as well, dated Aug 30, yesterday.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Then it might be the disc after all. Search for the term “cleaning” or “clean” in these forums and you should get dozens of recommendations/posts discussing ways to clean UHD disc to rule that problem out.

As a last resort replace the disc.
Last edited by st4evr on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gadgety

Post by Gadgety »

Thank you. I think I'll take it to a store and see if it plays in a UHD player.