UHD "not inserted" - help, please?!

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ProfQuater

UHD "not inserted" - help, please?!

Post by ProfQuater »

Hi! A couple months ago, I went all-out, got a UHD-friendly drive (an LG BH16NS40 with the 1.02 firmware still on it), and bought fully registered MakeMKV and AnyDVD. I installed the drive, put keys in the makemkv directory and got it all up and running. But just this week, I bought a new UHD and MakeMKV didn't recognize it ("no disc inserted").

Okay, so I thought it's a new disc, maybe it's upgraded AACS or something, except then I went back and now even UHD discs I'd previously ripped aren't being recognized. I'm pretty certain I've changed nothing. I didn't move any directories, uninstall/ reinstall any programs and I definitely didn't mess with the firmware on my drive or anything. Am I just being stupid about something?

AnyDVD and MakeMKV still work perfectly with regular blu-rays, etc. It's just UHDs. I've checked to make sure I'm using the latest versions of AnyDVD (8.2.8) and MakeMKV (1.12.3); and I've been reading the FAQ and forum for similar issues, but not having any luck at all. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Woodstock

Re: UHD "not inserted" - help, please?!

Post by Woodstock »

"No disk" is usually at the operating system level, rather than at the program level. And even an AACS level change shouldn't give "No disk". And the fact that it is affecting both AnyDVD and MakeMKV points to the operating system level, as well.

Have you reset the computer since this started happening? Not just restarted the operating system, but either powered it off or hit the RESET button (if equipped with one), which will reset the hardware in the system. If not, you should try that.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging