Ant-Man and the Wasp? hashed_keys.txt

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ttringle

Ant-Man and the Wasp? hashed_keys.txt

Post by ttringle »

I know it's only officially been out today but since I had seen the UHD in the usual places I thought the key would be in the latest file. However, it doesn't seem to be the case. My UHD wasn't able to decrypt even after updating the txt file.

Anybody know if I am missing something?

Thanks.
st4evr

Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp? hashed_keys.txt

Post by st4evr »

At least one variation/key is already supported. Submit the dump. Could help yourself and others.

This applies to you as well:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18109
ttringle

Post by ttringle »

Was just surprised as usually, the program has been able to decrypt things on day one.

Submitted my key.

Thanks.
forceawakens

Post by forceawakens »

Is there anyway to see if the one I have has the hashed key in the database.

I downloaded the last hash key file from 10/6/18 & at that time the UHD disc hadn’t been released. I understand from reading that it does it on the fly now. I’m on version 12.2.2

The last time I tried that without verifying the hashed key was in the database it rendered my UHD driver unreadable for UHD discs.

I had to wait for a new version of MakeMKV to make the drive readable again because of AACS errors.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Install v1.12.3 in a separate directory, and run it. When you try ripping a UHD disk, it will download the latest version of the hashed key table, and make it available for both itself and 1.12.2.

You need 1.12.3 in any case, if you need to submit a UHD dump for a missing disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
forceawakens

Post by forceawakens »

If I try the UHD ddisc & the key is not in the database will it make my UHD drive unusable like it did before?

That’s what I’m scared of. How do you know before you try a UHD disc that the keys are in the database? I don’t want it to make my drive unusable again.

I’ve only had that happen once but I couldn’t back up my discs for awile until a new software came out. I think it was an AACS revocation & it killed my drive when I put in a UHD disc even if it had the keys.

Since the new software no longer has the hashed key text file how do you know if the UHD disc has the keys or not? It makes it more difficult with the new software because you can’t see the text file with the keys to see if it is covered.