Verified: Ferdinand (2017)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
1wayjonny

Verified: Ferdinand (2017)

Post by 1wayjonny »

Hello,

Posting information on various UHD disc while ripping to make it easier for people to find the right stream that suites their specific needs. Some Disney titles will be easy with 800 for English etc. but can come with additional characteristics that make it harder to make a quick choice. This will be really helpful for the newbies and quick information for the makemkv veterans.

The post will verify the specifics of the multiple tracks and why the segments are different so people can pick the correct one that suites them.

Disc Analysis: Two streams, I was able to identify that the only difference in the streams is the end credits segments, segment (58) has subtitles for the end song (non-forced) while segment (61) does not have any subtitles at all.

Code: Select all

UPC: 0 24543 31670 1 80
Catalog: 2331670

Disc Information
Label: FERDINAND
Timestamp: 2018-01-18 15:45:36
Data capacity: 57.97 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 2
Bus encryption flags: 80

Title information
Name: Ferdinand (English)
Source file name: 00801.mpls
Duration: 1:48:06
Chapters count: 24
Size: 51.6 GB
Segment count: 2
Segment map: 60,61
File name: Ferdinand_t00.mkv

Title information
Source file name: 00800.mpls
Segment map: 60,58
File name: Ferdinand_t01.mkv
Last edited by 1wayjonny on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Woodstock

Re: Verified: Ferdinand

Post by Woodstock »

It's even simpler, if it's a Disney disk.

The "800" file is English. The "801" and "801" files swap out the titles and credits for either French or Spanish.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

Yes, as Woodstock advised, if it’s Disney it’s simple and known.

search.php?keywords=Disney

Additionally, there are apps like CloneBD that allow the browsing of already supported discs/playlist to choose the desired one.
1wayjonny

Post by 1wayjonny »

Hi Guys,

Appreciate the feedback,I should have been more clear the in the first post. I will be adding a little more detail past the Disney 800 English and 801 etc as some titles get complicated. This was bit of an easier one but I will be watching the different segments and posting the specifics results of my findings. Some of my post will have more information per disc.

The post will verify the specifics of the multiple tracks so people can pick the correct one that suites them. Even past my personal preference.

This will be a guide per disc so to say.
Woodstock

Another way to do it.

Post by Woodstock »

You're making a wild assumption that people who come here search the forum... That doesn't happen. We'll often have multiple "What's the correct playlist for XXXXX" on the same index page, and not for the different DVD/BD/UHD versions of XXXXX, THE SAME FORMAT.

If the objective is to reduce clutter and provide a service, let me suggest you create ONE topic, and call it, "Disney play list information", and add one message to it, per disk? You can change the subject on a message-by-message basis, as I did here. And search engines will index the topic just the same as they do "one disk per topic".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
eddified

Re: Verified: Ferdinand (2017)

Post by eddified »

1wayjonny wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:12 pm
Hello,

Posting information on various UHD disc while ripping to make it easier for people to find the right stream that suites their specific needs. Some Disney titles will be easy with 800 for English etc. but can come with additional characteristics that make it harder to make a quick choice. This will be really helpful for the newbies and quick information for the makemkv veterans.

The post will verify the specifics of the multiple tracks and why the segments are different so people can pick the correct one that suites them.

Disc Analysis: Two streams, I was able to identify that the only difference in the streams is the end credits segments, segment (58) has subtitles for the end song (non-forced) while segment (61) does not have any subtitles at all.

UPC: 0 24543 31670 1 80
Catalog: 2331670

Disc Information
Label: FERDINAND
Timestamp: 2018-01-18 15:45:36
Data capacity: 57.97 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 2
Bus encryption flags: 80

Title information
Source file name: 00801.mpls
Segment map: 60,61
File name: Ferdinand_t00.mkv

Title information
Source file name: 00800.mpls
Segment map: 60,58
File name: Ferdinand_t01.mkv
Thanks for this! I knew it wasn't Disney, so I searched the forum for "Ferdinand" and found this. Much appreciated.