The Lion King UHD - Fails to decrypt

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
stuckinkodiagain

The Lion King UHD - Fails to decrypt

Post by stuckinkodiagain »

The Lion King (1994) on UHD blu-ray released today in the U.S. fails to decode in the latest version of MakeMKV (1.14.2). Dump file has been submitted to support@makemkv.com.

Thanks!
Last edited by stuckinkodiagain on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
charlie62

Re: The Lion King UHD - Fails to decode

Post by charlie62 »

I know it's not any help but the UK version decoded with no problem. It's usually the UK discs that gives me grief.
handcraftedbits

Post by handcraftedbits »

I had the same problem sent my dump as well. But to the OP -- you're supposed to email the dumps to svq@makemkv.com.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Actually, both addresses get the file to the same person, but Mike seems to use svq@makemkv.com specifically for BD+ and AACS dump files....
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
stuckinkodiagain

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 am
Actually, both addresses get the file to the same person, but Mike seems to use svq@makemkv.com specifically for BD+ and AACS dump files....
Ah, good to know. I forgot which support email was which. Should I forward the dump files to the svq one?
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

stuckinkodiagain wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 am
Ah, good to know. I forgot which support email was which. Should I forward the dump files to the svq one?
From now on yes. No use in resending those you already have as Mike usually still reviews/monitors both emails. As Woodstock said, they go to the same person.

However, if within a week you don’t get support try the svq address. Wouldn’t hurt if that happens.
stuckinkodiagain

st4evr wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:04 am
stuckinkodiagain wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 am
From now on yes. No use in resending those you already have as Mike usually still reviews/monitors both emails. As Woodstock said, they go to the same person.

However, if within a week you don’t get support try the svq address. Wouldn’t hurt if that happens.
Aye aye, cap’n.
smartieyoung

Re: The Lion King UHD - Fails to decrypt

Post by smartieyoung »

just curious when I should try this uhd disc again? It seems like several people have sent in dump files,I don't know if adding an additional dump file from my copy of the Lion King UHD would help?
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

smartieyoung wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:00 am
just curious when I should try this uhd disc again? It seems like several people have sent in dump files,I don't know if adding an additional dump file from my copy of the Lion King UHD would help?
It wouldn’t hurt. It could help you and others. If the key is new it gets added, if it’s a duplicate/already submitted Mike’s process will skip it. In the end you’ll only lose the couple of minutes it takes to send it.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If you have the space, you CAN do an encrypted backup of the movie, then periodically open it with MakeMKV to see when the key shows up. MakeMKV saves the necessary data to do the decryption as part of an encrypted backup, and it's MUCH faster to rip from hard drive than optical disk!
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging