Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic World wont open even with hashed keys

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Morganator

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic World wont open even with hashed keys

Post by Morganator »

Hi all I'm new to this. I have a supported Asus drive with revision 3.0. I downloaded the latest hashed_keys.txt and places it in the .MKV folder.

Bothe discs in the title don't open and cant be decrypted. However the title names and hashed keys are provided in the .txt file. Am I doing anything wrong? I'm using the latest version of makemkv downloaded from the official site. Bellow is a copy of the log from makemkv along with my drive and disc spec. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue. Thanks:

MakeMKV v1.14.2 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation version, 28 day(s) out of 30 remaining
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\mini_/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v65_Jurassic_World-_Fallen_Kingdom_2B75.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.00
Serial number: SIK9TG7JG204
Firmware date: 2115-11-03 11:10
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 65

Disc Information
Label: JWFK_UPK1
Timestamp: 2018-08-03 15:25:20
Data capacity: 86.12 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM UHD
Number of layers: 3
Bus encryption flags: 80
Woodstock

Re: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic World wont open even with hashed keys

Post by Woodstock »

Multiple versions of a title are common in both the UHD and BD world. There are some UHD titles that are listed 10 or more times in the hash list, for their different versions.

When you find one that isn't listed, submitting the AACS dump file to svq@makemkv.com is step one in getting it supported.

If you have the disk space available, you might want to do an ENCRYPTED backup of the disk, so you don't have to pull it out to test if the key has been added; MakeMKV can open the copy on the hard drive much faster than from the UHD.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Morganator

Re: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Jurassic World wont open even with hashed keys

Post by Morganator »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:20 pm
Multiple versions of a title are common in both the UHD and BD world. There are some UHD titles that are listed 10 or more times in the hash list, for their different versions.

When you find one that isn't listed, submitting the AACS dump file to svq@makemkv.com is step one in getting it supported.

If you have the disk space available, you might want to do an ENCRYPTED backup of the disk, so you don't have to pull it out to test if the key has been added; MakeMKV can open the copy on the hard drive much faster than from the UHD.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah i emailed all the dump files created by makemkv to the email you provided. Usally how long does a new hash key take to be supported?

I did do an encrypted backup to a spare 2tb drive for experementing. Even though it wasnt supported did i follow the step correctly to include the new hash keys to makemkv?
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

There are threads like this one:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... %9D#p67750

All around the forum discussing in detail the process. I suggest you read that entire thread as it may provide the information you are looking for. You gotta jump into some of the posts/threads around here and do some reading on your end or use the search function as all of this has already been dicussed multiple times over. Including in the general FAQ:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=16883

Which is clearly at the top of this subforum.