Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
zxaura1
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:33 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by zxaura1 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:43 am

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:05 pm
Roberespa wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:46 am
Inside the LG menu.
The television model says:
OLED55B6V-Z
and at the end an interesting fact.
Dolby Vision 0.9.0

I also tried MakeMKV v1.15.3 but the TV won't open it.
Demomento only worked (opened it) with Dolby Vision in .mp4

Thanks for answering me.
I wait your answer.

I don't know if the problem will be the file size ... = (
you don't need a ts/mkv file if you play them in your LG B6. stick with the mp4muxer.
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:07 am

Hi, you don’t say what your playback device is?
TLOTR and The Hobbit are MEL so the easiest way to create Dolby Vision MKV is Makemkv.
LOTR are [s] FEL DV [/s]
Hello there...
Does anyone knows why my LG E6 plays many DV movies in a green tint (like all Mission Impossible etc) and if there is a solution to it?
Thanks in advance

cipher
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:16 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by cipher » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:06 am

Ok, just watched this video from Vincent explaining the difference between TV-led and Player-led DV so I can see where TV-led would be the better option...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_a77zJTrO4

Also, I found the following quotes on the nVidia forums:
The Shield supports both and will do TV-led if your TV supports it...
It does TV-led for me and I still get the slight red push.
Hi I didn’t think the Shield was doing TV-led with my C9 but it actually is, shame they can’t nail this on shield...
Therefore, assuming my LG B7 is capable of TV-led DV and the Shield can detect this and send the DV for the TV to process, is TV-led DV the result when using a Plex client that plays DV on the Shield? I'm currently switching between the native Plex client and the Kodi plex client on my Shield and want to make sure I'm aware of any differences here when playing DV mkv's.

shawnc22
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by shawnc22 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:16 am

cipher wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:06 am
Ok, just watched this video from Vincent explaining the difference between TV-led and Player-led DV so I can see where TV-led would be the better option...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_a77zJTrO4

Also, I found the following quotes on the nVidia forums:
The Shield supports both and will do TV-led if your TV supports it...
It does TV-led for me and I still get the slight red push.
Hi I didn’t think the Shield was doing TV-led with my C9 but it actually is, shame they can’t nail this on shield...
Therefore, assuming my LG B7 is capable of TV-led DV and the Shield can detect this and send the DV for the TV to process, is TV-led DV the result when using a Plex client that plays DV on the Shield? I'm currently switching between the native Plex client and the Kodi plex client on my Shield and want to make sure I'm aware of any differences here when playing DV mkv's.
Yes, it should be using TV-led DV on your B7

Mortenjorstad
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:43 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Mortenjorstad » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:49 am

Can someone please share tsmuxer 05.06 fix :D

lexyz
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 08, 2020 5:32 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by lexyz » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:28 pm

I share this picture to discuss possible reasons why Shield TV Player-led STDL very close to Oppo TV-led DTDL
Any ideas? :roll:
Pay attention on yellow beak
Attachments
eagle.jpg
eagle.jpg (674.11 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700

Manixx2020beyound
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Manixx2020beyound » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:09 pm

lexyz wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:28 pm
I share this picture to discuss possible reasons why Shield TV Player-led STDL very close to Oppo TV-led DTDL
Any ideas? :roll:
Pay attention on yellow beak
What type of uhd Tv is the tv-led dv ?
Sorry but oppo don’t look that good to me.
X700 takes it all lol.

RESET_9999
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:21 pm

lexyz wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:28 pm
I share this picture to discuss possible reasons why Shield TV Player-led STDL very close to Oppo TV-led DTDL
Any ideas? :roll:
Pay attention on yellow beak
top picture is from the Vincent video ??
As I told you in PM, you can't compare the images from his video/TV with the images from your camera/TV. it means nothing
Not the same room, not the same tv, not the same camera / settings etc...
On my calibrated monitor, all 4 pictures look completely different and the shield picture doesnt look at all close to the oppo tv-led but as i said, its meaningless.
zxaura1 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:43 am
Hello there...
Does anyone knows why my LG E6 plays many DV movies in a green tint (like all Mission Impossible etc) and if there is a solution to it?
Thanks in advance
it's related to the metadata.. If i remember correctly , the combination of Mastering display luminance 1000 nits and P3 color causes the green screen issue on 2016 OLED LG TVs. The solution is an external player like the x700, the shield or FirestickTV.
it was discussed a long time ago when the mp4muxer came out.
Please forgive my English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8
FIX the x700 DT-DL TS bug with this file

RESET_9999
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:18 pm

Manixx2020beyound wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:09 pm

Sorry but oppo don’t look that good to me.
X700 takes it all lol.
I don't think so... Vincent said he tested the Panasonic bluray player as well.
Also,  Stacey Spears (creator of Spears and Munsil) confirmed that all the bluray players will have this issue when doing player-led DV.

Image

Image



EDIT: Also it sounds like @pete was right about FEL being 422, or Don't I understand whats Stacey is saying ?

Image
Last edited by RESET_9999 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please forgive my English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8
FIX the x700 DT-DL TS bug with this file

glc650
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by glc650 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:14 pm

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:16 am
MastaG wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:12 am
So which players are capable of playing FEL remuxes from network sources (Plex/Emby/SMB), e.g. the full deal retaining the 12bit 4000nits final picture like when playing the original disc?
e.g. remuxed into a TS or MKV container so I can add a high def audio track?
From network? The oppo and that's it.
I just acquired a Sony UBP-x800M2 and it can play m2ts (BDMV folders aren't supported) DV remuxes created by tsMuxeR over the network (albeit via DLNA only - I'm using built in DLNA app on my Synology NASes to serve up content to the X800M2).
Last edited by glc650 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PlatypusW
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by PlatypusW » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:15 pm

glc650 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:14 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:16 am
MastaG wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:12 am
So which players are capable of playing FEL remuxes from network sources (Plex/Emby/SMB), e.g. the full deal retaining the 12bit 4000nits final picture like when playing the original disc?
e.g. remuxed into a TS or MKV container so I can add a high def audio track?
From network? The oppo and that's it.
I just acquired a Sony UBP-x800M2 and it can play m2ts (BDMV folders aren't supported) DV remuxes created by TSmuxeR over the network (albeit via DLNA only - I'm using built in DLNA app on my Synology NASes to serve up content to the X800M2).
Does it have 100mbit Ethernet though? That will be too slow for some titles. X700 I believe is the same.

glc650
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by glc650 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:21 pm

PlatypusW wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:15 pm
glc650 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:14 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:16 am

From network? The oppo and that's it.
I just acquired a Sony UBP-x800M2 and it can play m2ts (BDMV folders aren't supported) DV remuxes created by TSmuxeR over the network (albeit via DLNA only - I'm using built in DLNA app on my Synology NASes to serve up content to the X800M2).
Does it have 100mbit Ethernet though? That will be too slow for some titles. X700 I believe is the same.
It does, but it also supports 802.11ac (WiFi 5) albeit only 1x1 but that's still enough to get me well over 100mbps (connected to my UAP-AC-HD at ~300 or higher every time I've checked).

bgalakazam
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 6:15 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by bgalakazam » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:50 pm

I found the wifi on both my C8 and the "MIMO" 2.4GHz wifi on the X700 slower than 100Mbit ethernet. They stuttered more streaming from my Synology than the wired connection. This is from an enterprise grade access point <1m from the TV/X700. For the <5 titles I have watched in the past couple years that required more than 100Mbit I have just used a USB thumb drive. Glad to hear the X800M2 has better performing wifi.

pete19
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by pete19 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:02 pm

lexyz wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:28 pm
I share this picture to discuss possible reasons why Shield TV Player-led STDL very close to Oppo TV-led DTDL
Any ideas? :roll:
Pay attention on yellow beak
shield image has incorrect hue/saturation on the beak (compared to tv-led), besides the color artifacts/clipping

lexyz
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 08, 2020 5:32 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by lexyz » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:12 am

Guys, don't compare hue sharpness, brightness or clipping
I can't set my camera and TV to match Vincent's
Do not make conclusion about this parameters
:D

Only thing to look at is the shape of yellow spot
Zoom in if you're on mobile.
Can't you see the similarities and differences?
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700

DaMacFunkin
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:20 pm

lexyz wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:12 am
Guys, don't compare hue sharpness, brightness or clipping
I can't set my camera and TV to match Vincent's
Do not make conclusion about this parameters
:D

Only thing to look at is the shape of yellow spot
Zoom in if you're on mobile.
Can't you see the similarities and differences?
Ive always found the output from the Oppo to be very Natural and not over saturated,is that not what we are looking for? That’s certainly what I see in your pic.

Post Reply