Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
GnomeFondler

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by GnomeFondler »

Mrmorrison wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:00 am
Hi everyone. I recently bought a new PC with Windows 11. To my surprise I found that drag and drop on the command prompt doesn't work and as a result I can't use the script at all. Has anyone encountered this problem and solved it?
I've never used the script, but I'd recommend just learning to use the tools involved. It takes me an average of 3-4 lines of typing on the command prompt to accomplish the same thing for any given movie. The script is over 15000 lines because a) Windows batch files weren't really meant to do things this complex and b) It handles every possible scenario... Since it's likely that you only have one scenario you're using it for, learning the tools for that isn't complicated. ffmpeg, eac3to (if you're preserving THD+Atmos tracks), dovi_tool, and either mp4box or tsmuxer should be enough and it's one line of typing for most of them.
dom61

Post by dom61 »

Mrmorrison wrote:
Hi everyone. I recently bought a new PC with Windows 11. To my surprise I found that drag and drop on the command prompt doesn't work and as a result I can't use the script at all. Has anyone encountered this problem and solved it?
It works perfectly for me with W11 b22621.1848
Zidoo Z9X | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro | ZDMC 20.1 | Remote WeChip | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800C
My PC Ryzen 7950X
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Mrmorrison wrote:
Works fine for me on Win 11
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Mrmorrison

Post by Mrmorrison »

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I don't understand why my prompt behaves like this. Then it opens only with administrator permissions.
dom61

Post by dom61 »

Mrmorrison wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:57 am
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I don't understand why my prompt behaves like this. Then it opens only with administrator permissions.
NO! launch it normally without administrator permissions.
Otherwise, you can't drag & drop
Zidoo Z9X | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro | ZDMC 20.1 | Remote WeChip | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800C
My PC Ryzen 7950X
Mrmorrison

Post by Mrmorrison »

dom61 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:01 am
Mrmorrison wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:57 am
NO! launch it normally without administrator permissions.
Otherwise, you can't drag & drop
Unfortunately I can't do it. However I open it, it always opens with administrator permissions. By default... I've always been used to using "open as administrator" for this thing. Now it opens in this mode automatically and I'm afraid that's why I can't drag and drop
Mrmorrison

Post by Mrmorrison »

Resolved! I don't know why but the user account settings were changed to the lowest point.

BadSector81

Post by BadSector81 »

Mrmorrison wrote:
https://github.com/HerMajestyDrMona/Win ... TaskbarFix
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Mrmorrison wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:28 am
Resolved! I don't know why but the user account settings were changed to the lowest point.

mmm Same issues since the latest Win11 update...
Changing the account settings did not work for me.

EDIT: had to reboot.
Mrmorrison

Post by Mrmorrison »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:51 pm
Mrmorrison wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:28 am

mmm Same issues since the latest Win11 update...
Changing the account settings did not work for me.

EDIT: had to reboot.
I'm happy to have helped you!
Trees

Post by Trees »

quietvoid wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:37 am
Trees wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:25 pm
Quick question, when using dovi_tool mode 3 to extract the RPU from a P5 file, is any from the RPU data lost? I'm asking because the other day, I read someone claiming both chroma and luma data being lost when using mode 3; apparently, only dynamic metadata is being carried over from the P5 files to the P8.1 files.

Is this true? Just curious.
Yes, the mapping metadata contained in profile 5 is not usable in profile 8.1.
It wouldn't make sense to keep it.
Very interesting. I never knew extracting the RPU and injecting it in to a remux was a lossy progress. I thought it truly was the best of both worlds. It seems P5 DV is still absolute best, as it's in the IPTPQc2 colour space and includes both chroma and luma mapping; it's just lacking the bit rate of a Blu-ray.

Which begs the next question; seeing as the IPTPQc2 has been reverse engineered by gifted folk, as it can be decoded by MPV to be properlt played back, is it possible to convert the Blu-ray high bit-rate stream to the IPTPQc2 colour space and inject the lossless RPU to truly get best of both worlds?
quietvoid

Post by quietvoid »

Trees wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:10 am
Very interesting. I never knew extracting the RPU and injecting it in to a remux was a lossy progress. I thought it truly was the best of both worlds. It seems P5 DV is still absolute best, as it's in the IPTPQc2 colour space and includes both chroma and luma mapping; it's just lacking the bit rate of a Blu-ray.

Which begs the next question; seeing as the IPTPQc2 has been reverse engineered by gifted folk, as it can be decoded by MPV to be properlt played back, is it possible to convert the Blu-ray high bit-rate stream to the IPTPQc2 colour space and inject the lossless RPU to truly get best of both worlds?
Why do you believe the metadata is any better for quality? It's literally only required to decode the colours into regular PQ/BT.2020.
It doesn't improve the quality at all on playback. The process is only lossy in that it loses the original metadata, the quality is unaffected.

And any reencoding of a Blu-ray into IPT would be worse as transcoding is lossy.
TheEqualizer

Post by TheEqualizer »

Good afternoon, tell me what sequence of script points you need to use to analyze the finished mkv file, you need to get a screenshot similar to what is created automatically when converting HDR10+ to DV, is it possible? I can't find a similar scenario, thank you
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

TheEqualizer wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:40 pm
Good afternoon, tell me what sequence of script points you need to use to analyze the finished mkv file, you need to get a screenshot similar to what is created automatically when converting HDR10+ to DV, is it possible? I can't find a similar scenario, thank you
To plot DV (graph screenshot), the workflow is 6-2-4.
For just a quick info summary about the RPU metadata in any file: 2-3
to check the metadata of any frame, input an RPU in: 2-3 or 2-2
TheEqualizer

Post by TheEqualizer »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:03 pm

To plot DV (graph screenshot), the workflow is 6-2-4.
For just a quick info summary about the RPU metadata in any file: 2-3
to check the metadata of any frame, input an RPU in: 2-3 or 2-2
Thank you very much