Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Donpablo80

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Donpablo80 »

Anyone tried to mux Gemini Man to a Dolby vision MP4? I got massive stutter on my LG OLED with DV-Maker and DVDFab. Maybe because of the 60fps video.
daddy

Post by daddy »

@deadchip12
I don't know. My tv (LG 55C7) is only DV compatible.
daddy

Post by daddy »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:28 pm
Anyone tried to mux Gemini Man to a Dolby vision MP4? I got massive stutter on my LG OLED with DV-Maker and DVDFab. Maybe because of the 60fps video.
I have stutter too (LG 55C7) when i try to play the mp4 in DV.
No stutter at all with the same mp4 file when i play it in HDR10 on a box with CoreElec.
Donpablo80

Post by Donpablo80 »

daddy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:49 pm
Donpablo80 wrote:
No stutter at all with the same mp4 file when i play it in HDR10 on a box with CoreElec.
Yes, HDR10 works also fine on my 55B7.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:32 am
It's possible that tvs will support both dolby vision and hdr10+ in the very near future. Is there a way to make hdr10+ work through mp4 mux like dolby vision? I checked the Alien 4k Remastered disc (an hdr10+ title) and it seems there is only 1 video stream (compared to usually 2 streams in a dolby vision disk).
my tv (vizio p-series quantum x) already does both hdr10+ and dolby vision. hdr10+ is awesome, it's handled just like regular hdr10 so nothing extra is needed, it works right in an mkv (remux and x265!) with full hd audio atmos etc. and looks just as amazing as Dolby vision. whether I use kodi, or cast it to my tv with localcast, it just works. I'd love it if all movies went to that!
Last edited by Grencola on Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

Donpablo80 wrote:
So far perfectly fine on ATV4K using infuse along with DTS-HD MA 7.1.

Connected to a C8
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Grencola wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:59 am
deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:32 am
It's possible that tvs will support both dolby vision and hdr10+ in the very near future. Is there a way to make hdr10+ work through mp4 mux like dolby vision? I checked the Alien 4k Remastered disc (an hdr10+ title) and it seems there is only 1 video stream (compared to usually 2 streams in a dolby vision disk).
my tv (vizio p-series quantum x) already does both hdr10+ and dolby vision. hdr10+ is awesome, it's handled just like regular hdr10 so nothing extra is needed, it works right in an mkv with full hd audio atmos etc. and looks just as amazing as Dolby vision. I'd love if all movies went to that!
Ok, so what we really need is a way to convert DV to HDR10+!!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
scradion

Post by scradion »

Donpablo80 wrote:
The only way to get it to play straight on the LG tvs without the massive stuttering is to use DVDfab to make it into a single layer DV stream but it probably isn't real Dolby Vision but it is 60fps and still looks amazing. It could be that the 866Mbps wifi just isn't fast enough but it still lags the same when played through usb so it sounds like either the usb 2 port isn't fast enough or more likely the SoC just isn't fast enough to handle the movie. I bet the Nvidia Shield 2019 would have no issues with the Dual Layer if it would have DL support, but it doesn't and may never get it.
Donpablo80

Post by Donpablo80 »

scradion wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 am
Donpablo80 wrote:
The only way to get it to play straight on the LG tvs without the massive stuttering is to use DVDfab to make it into a single layer DV stream but it probably isn't real Dolby Vision but it is 60fps and still looks amazing. It could be that the 866Mbps wifi just isn't fast enough but it still lags the same when played through usb so it sounds like either the usb 2 port isn't fast enough or more likely the SoC just isn't fast enough to handle the movie. I bet the Nvidia Shield 2019 would have no issues with the Dual Layer if it would have DL support, but it doesn't and may never get it.
I'll try to make a single layer file with DVDFab.
The HDR10 version of the movie is playing just fine, maybe its the combo of DV and 60fps that the B7 cant handle.
scradion

Post by scradion »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:09 pm
scradion wrote:
Donpablo80 wrote:
The HDR10 version of the movie is playing just fine, maybe its the combo of DV and 60fps that the B7 cant handle.
The LG E8 with an Alpha 9 cpu can't even play it smoothly and its a year newer than the B7 and neither are a slouch by any means. It plays every other DV DL movie perfectly besides this one.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

scradion wrote:
Donpablo80 wrote:
Not real Dolby Vision?
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:09 pm
scradion wrote:
Donpablo80 wrote:
I created a single-layer with DVDFab too and it works fine with Apple TV 4K. The only problem I encountered, in the beginning, it was only playing in HDR10 only, for some reason ( although Profile 5 is not compatible with HDR10 like Profile 7 ). Make sure to choose RBG High under the video settings on your Apple TV if you have one.
ragico

Post by ragico »

I made both the single and double layer DV with dvdfab.
Both play perfectly on LG C8 via Sony UBPX700.
The single layer version plays perfectly on Panasonic GX810 via Amazon firestick 4k and plex beta.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

daddy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:49 pm
Donpablo80 wrote:
Single layer DV Gemini Man plays fine @ 60fps via inbuilt Plex app on 55” LG C7, if playing from external player you will need a really good HDMI cable got this, if playing internally and getting stutter then it’s your motion / interpolation settings.
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Has anyone done a single layer of Bumblebee? Tried from 2different sources and occasionally the reds go pink then green, bumble himself sometimes goes from orange to red then pale yellow whilst sometimes skin tones can be green, this is via Plex on C7 and C9.
I’ve done a double layer and it’s fine...?