Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Donpablo80

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Donpablo80 »

ragico wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:56 pm
I made both the single and double layer DV with dvdfab.
Both play perfectly on LG C8 via Sony UBPX700.
The single layer version plays perfectly on Panasonic GX810 via Amazon firestick 4k and plex beta.
Which version of DVDFab are you using? The newest versions doesn't have the single layer option.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:28 pm
Anyone tried to mux Gemini Man to a Dolby vision MP4? I got massive stutter on my LG OLED with DV-Maker and DVDFab. Maybe because of the 60fps video.
Same here with oled c8.
on my Sony x700, DV mp4 + lpcm 7.1: the first 2 minutes play fine and then it starts stuttering.
It plays fine with AC3 5.1 ... So I guess 60fps DV + lossless audio is too much for my player.
I did not test the Shield because I think too that DVDfab's single layer files are not proper DV.

I might try to burn a BD just for testing.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:24 pm
Has anyone done a single layer of Bumblebee? Tried from 2different sources and occasionally the reds go pink then green, bumble himself sometimes goes from orange to red then pale yellow whilst sometimes skin tones can be green, this is via Plex on C7 and C9.
I’ve done a double layer and it’s fine...?
I've experienced color issues using the single layer DVDFab files in my C8 using the internal Plex app on certain movies.

Started using infuse on the ATV4K and every file plays back flawless including subtitles embedded.

I think it's just compatability with the Plex app on WebOS and the files DVDfab makes.

Again it was speratic and only on certain movies.

Right now Infuse has been Rock solid and seems to be the less problematic, at least for me.
jesper1994

Post by jesper1994 »

ragico wrote:
The single layer version plays perfectly on Panasonic GX810 via Amazon firestick 4k and plex beta.
My LG oled c7 plex app is playing dolby vision files fine, however via the amazon firestick 4k app dolby vision is not triggered. Do you know for sure that this is possible?
ragico

Post by ragico »

Donpablo80 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:08 pm
ragico wrote:
Which version of DVDFab are you using? The newest versions doesn't have the single layer option.
Version x64 11.0.6.6
ragico

Post by ragico »

jesper1994 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:55 am
ragico wrote:
My LG oled c7 plex app is playing dolby vision files fine, however via the amazon firestick 4k app dolby vision is not triggered. Do you know for sure that this is possible?
Yes, single layer (but not all the files play. Some only audio and black screen. Gemini man plays correctly via plex).
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:15 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Has anyone done a single layer of Bumblebee? Tried from 2different sources and occasionally the reds go pink then green, bumble himself sometimes goes from orange to red then pale yellow whilst sometimes skin tones can be green, this is via Plex on C7 and C9.
I've experienced color issues using the single layer DVDFab files in my C8 using the internal Plex app on certain movies.

Started using infuse on the ATV4K and every file plays back flawless including subtitles embedded.

I think it's just compatability with the Plex app on WebOS and the files DVDfab makes.

Right now Infuse has been Rock solid and seems to be the less problematic, at least for me.
Possible, I have also read about people having synch problems when playing the DV track via UHD BD on this title but not in the HDR10 track, so maybe it is a mastering error on one of the layers.
jesper1994

Post by jesper1994 »

ragico wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:25 am
jesper1994 wrote:
ragico wrote:
Yes, single layer (but not all the files play. Some only audio and black screen. Gemini man plays correctly via plex).
For me they are also playing, however they are triggering HDR instead of dolby vision. Furthermore I can not find anywhere that plex on firestick 4K supports dolby vision. Can someone check with an LG oled? Do you know for sure that it is triggering dolby vision?
Donpablo80

Post by Donpablo80 »

ragico wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:23 am
Donpablo80 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:08 pm
ragico wrote:
Version x64 11.0.6.6
Thx, this newest version they brought back the single layer option. Just made a singel layer mp4 of Gemini Man and it plays perfect on my LG C7 and XPlay and looks beautiful
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:08 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:
DaMacFunkin wrote:

Possible, I have also read about people having synch problems when playing the DV track via UHD BD on this title but not in the HDR10 track, so maybe it is a mastering error on one of the layers.

I've fixed the audio synch issue when I made my files, there is an issue on the UHD Blu-ray.
The audio on the UHD Blu-ray is -210ms out-of-synch (DV, or HDR)

I've fixed this on my end when making the .wav files to create the DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks.
ragico

Post by ragico »

jesper1994 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:19 pm
ragico wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:25 am
jesper1994 wrote:

For me they are also playing, however they are triggering HDR instead of dolby vision. Furthermore I can not find anywhere that plex on firestick 4K supports dolby vision. Can someone check with an LG oled? Do you know for sure that it is triggering dolby vision?
On the firestick 4K you need the plex beta to trigger DV single layer.
zalman

Post by zalman »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:08 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:

I've fixed the audio synch issue when I made my files, there is an issue on the UHD Blu-ray.
The audio on the UHD Blu-ray is -210ms out-of-synch (DV, or HDR)

I've fixed this on my end when making the .wav files to create the DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks.
Hi, i have the same issue with Gemini Man Movie. Could you tell me the steps, please!

Thanks.
kazuma

Post by kazuma »

edit solved.
Last edited by kazuma on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

kazuma wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:18 pm
i 'm making a mp4 dv file with dvdlab. is this dual layer or singlelayer? gemini man stutters with the tool of grencola on my LG C9. can anybody show me the way?

You should be using the Ripper, not Converter.
There should be NO encoding happening when making the DV .MP4
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

kazuma wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:18 pm
i 'm making a mp4 dv file with dvdlab. is this dual layer or singlelayer? gemini man stutters with the tool of grencola on my LG C9. can anybody show me the way?

Err not sure, some of it is German but it would seem to say that you are converting the video stream to H264.