Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
yusesope
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by yusesope » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 pm

Wow how many posts! :shock:
This is better than Game of Thrones (I hope it will not end like the eighth season :lol: )!


jcdr428 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:40 am
@mulucy it is an old version of tsMuxer, right ? Try my fork bb51a5f : it contains correct profiles 2 to 8. The commit is pending merge with the official tsMuxer.

Thank you for your efforts @jcdr428! You're doing a great job!
Now you bring the profiles back to life from the realm of the dead ... the nickname "j" stands for "Jesus", doesn't it?

I had discarded it (profile 6) because I thought it was no longer usable!
But a confirmation seems necessary: ​​some kind soul can post the EXOPLAYER LOG of the Shield when a dvhe.06 file is playing?

Maybe there is a problem with the way you handle "stream_type". For example, the now well-known LG demo (BL+EL+RPU Single PID, dvhe.04) should present a stream_type = 0x24 and not 0x06 after being muxed with tsMuxeR despite color_description_present_flag = 0 and chroma_location_info_present = 0.


Finally, I join people who ask for the possibility to choose the most congenial DV profile: the dvhe.05 files obtained with my tool (or with DVDFab) are not standard at all (we are well aware of that) but there are devices (Apple TV, Fire Stick 4K) which can only play this type of file!
If you don't listen to this request, you force these people to use a longer procedure (mp4muxer + MP4Box) or to give money for a paid software!



MastaG wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:30 am
So I tested @jcdr428 PR: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/pull/269
It now gives me profile 06.
...
Gemini Man was working great using an older rev of TsMuxer which would give it profile 08
...
In all test-cases I was using "mode 1" BL+EL+RPU.
...
I'll revert back to an older rev of TsMuxer and retry both movies.
It makes no sense to use my tool with the -mode switch set to 1 (BL+EL+RPU) and then expect tsMuxer to return a profile 8 file.
Profile 8 cannot contain the EL layer!
The version of tsMuxeR you are referring to was bugged: it has been corrected starting from THIS problem report!
Do you want a profile 8? Use the "-mode 2" switch!

To try to understand why the 4/6 profile does not work on your TV it would be useful to examine the LOGS of the PLEX client.
Last edited by yusesope on Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yusesope
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by yusesope » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:07 pm

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:16 pm
Is there anyway to strip the HDR10+ information with eac3to or ffmpeg during this process?
the HDR10+ metadata are transported within the prefix SEI NAL unit(in particular those with payloadType = 4)

Using ffmpeg you can prevent this type of unit from being added to the raw stream but I don't consider it an orthodox thing to do (because you would eliminate all prefix SEI NAL units and not only those with payloadType = 4).
The choice is yours!
If you want to try, when you use ffmpeg after each "-c copy" add:

Code: Select all

-bsf:v filter_units=remove_types=39


Maxoumax6 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:11 pm
But, the mp4.ts you did, works smoothly on my C8. You are a magician Yusesope :lol: but the only question is : how did you do this? :twisted:
1000010 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:58 pm
could you explain what you did? I'm really interested in figuring out why some movies don't work on the Shield.
As I have already said, the procedure is useless because it takes too long and then it would only add further confusion.

MastaG
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by MastaG » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:23 pm

yusesope wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 pm
MastaG wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:30 am
So I tested @jcdr428 PR: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/pull/269
It now gives me profile 06.
...
Gemini Man was working great using an older rev of TsMuxer which would give it profile 08
...
In all test-cases I was using "mode 1" BL+EL+RPU.
...
I'll revert back to an older rev of TsMuxer and retry both movies.
It makes no sense to use my tool with the -mode switch set to 1 (BL+EL+RPU) and then expect tsMuxer to return a profile 8 file.
Profile 8 cannot contain the EL layer!
The version of tsMuxeR you are referring to was bugged: it has been corrected starting from THIS problem report!
Do you want a profile 8? Use the "-mode 2" switch!

To try to understand why the 4/6 profile does not work on your TV it would be useful to examine the LOGS of the PLEX client.
Ok I get it, so mode 1 with EL is either profile 4 or 6 and mode 2 without EL should proile 5 or 8.
So perhaps the "bugged" version of TSMuxeR giving me profile 08 on mode 1 hevc files was discarding the EL data in the internal player therefore playing it back smoothly?

I'm using Emby btw, will see if it's possible to get a client log file, else I'll install Plex.

mulucy
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:08 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by mulucy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:24 pm

yusesope wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 pm
Wow how many posts! :shock:
This is better than Game of Thrones (I hope it will not end like the eighth season :lol: )!


jcdr428 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:40 am
@mulucy it is an old version of tsMuxer, right ? Try my fork bb51a5f : it contains correct profiles 2 to 8. The commit is pending merge with the official tsMuxer.

Thank you for your efforts @jcdr428! You're doing a great job!
Now you bring the profiles back to life from the realm of the dead ... the nickname "j" stands for "Jesus", doesn't it?

I had discarded it (profile 6) because I thought it was no longer usable!
But a confirmation seems necessary: ​​some kind soul can post the EXOPLAYER LOG of the Shield when a dvhe.06 file is playing?

Maybe there is a problem with the way you handle "stream_type". For example, the now well-known LG demo (BL+EL+RPU Single PID, dvhe.04) should present a stream_type = 0x24 and not 0x06 after being muxed with tsMuxeR despite color_description_present_flag = 0 and chroma_location_info_present = 0.


Finally, I join people who ask for the possibility to choose the most congenial DV profile: the dvhe.05 files obtained with my tool (or with DVDFab) are not standard at all (we are well aware of that) but there are devices (Apple TV, Fire Stick 4K) which can only play this type of file!
If you don't listen to this request, you force these people to use a longer procedure (mp4muxer + MP4Box) or to give money for a paid software!



MastaG wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:30 am
So I tested @jcdr428 PR: https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/pull/269
It now gives me profile 06.
...
Gemini Man was working great using an older rev of TsMuxer which would give it profile 08
...
In all test-cases I was using "mode 1" BL+EL+RPU.
...
I'll revert back to an older rev of TsMuxer and retry both movies.
It makes no sense to use my tool with the -mode switch set to 1 (BL+EL+RPU) and then expect tsMuxer to return a profile 8 file.
Profile 8 cannot contain the EL layer!
The version of tsMuxeR you are referring to was bugged: it has been corrected starting from THIS problem report!
Do you want a profile 8? Use the "-mode 2" switch!

To try to understand why the 4/6 profile does not work on your TV it would be useful to examine the LOGS of the PLEX client.
I think we should push three profiles mainly:
1. Profile 4
2. Profile 5
3. Profile 7
And I know most OLED LG TVs support most DV profiles, but the chances for me or others to spend $2k are slim. Fire TV 4K Stick costs $50, Apple TV 4K and Nvidia Shield TV can be purchased under $150. All these streaming players offer perfect integration with Plex Media Server. If you care about the lossless Audio and Atmos/DTS-X, I would go to with Sony X700 or Shield TV ( although I know Shield need a software update to correct the colors ). If you don't care about the lossless audio like me, Fire TV and Apple TV 4k are perfect examples ( although Apple TV does support lossless audio though Infuse Pro ).

edit:
Profile 6 looks more promising than 4, to be honest
Last edited by mulucy on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mortenjorstad
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:43 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Mortenjorstad » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm

If you use. -mode2 in yuseope tool and the latest nighlig built tsmuxer
You will then have a profile 5 that will play on Apple TV
Last edited by Mortenjorstad on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mulucy
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:08 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by mulucy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:22 pm

Mortenjorstad wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm
If you use. -mode2 in yusesope tool and the latest nighlig built tsmuxer
You will then have a profile 5 that will play on Apple TV
Do you have the link to it? I would appreciate it

shawnc22
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by shawnc22 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:38 pm

Here's relevant portion (i think) of the exoplayer log from Shield when playing back a DV6 file:

Code: Select all

03-31 08:00:48.674  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] Input #0, mpegts, from '':

03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]   Duration: 
03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 01:58:59.50
03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] , start: 
03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 4199.984000
03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] , bitrate: 
03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 88693 kb/s
03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]   Program 1 

03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]     Stream #0:0
03-31 08:00:48.675  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] [0x1015]
03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] : Video: hevc (Main 10), 1 reference frame (HEVC / 0x43564548), none, 3840x2160, 0/1
03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] , 
03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 23.98 fps, 
03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 23.98 tbr, 
03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 90k tbn, 
03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 90k tbc
03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]     Metadata:

03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]       dolbyVisionRPU  : 
03-31 08:00:48.676  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 1
03-31 08:00:48.677  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.679  i: [VideoUtils] MediaCodec found (OMX.Nvidia.DOVI.decode) for video/dolby-vision
03-31 08:00:48.680  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]       dolbyVisionEL   : 
03-31 08:00:48.680  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 1
03-31 08:00:48.682  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.682  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]       dolbyVisionProfile: 
03-31 08:00:48.694  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 6
03-31 08:00:48.694  i: [FF] VideoStream[0-hevc] 3840x2160 [SAR 1:1, DAR 3840:2160]. H.265 / HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) - Unknown Profile (video/dolby-vision), ~87.9 Mbps 1 hr 58 mins 23.98fps, No Title / Unknown (null), 0 bytes, .
03-31 08:00:48.694  i: [VideoUtils] MediaCodec found (OMX.Nvidia.DOVI.decode) for video/dolby-vision
03-31 08:00:48.696  i: [VideoUtils] MediaCodec found (OMX.Nvidia.DOVI.decode) for video/dolby-vision
03-31 08:00:48.696  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.696  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]       dolbyVisionLevel: 
03-31 08:00:48.697  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 6
03-31 08:00:48.697  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.697  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]       dolbyVisionCompat: 
03-31 08:00:48.697  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 27
03-31 08:00:48.698  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.698  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]       dolbyVisionBL   : 
03-31 08:00:48.698  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 1
03-31 08:00:48.699  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.699  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]     Stream #0:1
03-31 08:00:48.699  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] [0x1100]
03-31 08:00:48.700  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] (eng)
03-31 08:00:48.700  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] : Audio: truehd (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, 7.1, s32 (24 bit)
03-31 08:00:48.700  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.700  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO]     Stream #0:2
03-31 08:00:48.701  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] [0x1100]
03-31 08:00:48.701  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] : Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16p, 448 kb/s
03-31 08:00:48.701  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] 

03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] Container metadata entries found: 0.
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] Stream metadata entries found: 6.
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [VideoUtils] MediaCodec found (OMX.Nvidia.DOVI.decode) for video/dolby-vision
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] Stream metadata entries found: 1.
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] Stream metadata entries found: 0.
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] Stream metadata entries found: 1.
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [FFmpeg] [INFO] Stream metadata entries found: 1.
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger] decoderEnabled [1.31, 0.00, window=0, video]
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger] decoderEnabled [1.31, 0.00, window=0, audio]
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger] tracksChanged [1.31, 0.00, window=0, 
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]   Renderer:1 [
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]     Group:0, adaptive_supported=N/A [
03-31 08:00:48.783  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]       [X] Track:0, id=0, mimeType=video/dolby-vision, res=3840x2160, fps=23.976025, supported=YES
03-31 08:00:48.784  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]     ]
03-31 08:00:48.784  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]     Metadata [
03-31 08:00:48.784  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]       original_init_data: (Value: 0 Buffer: 728 bytes)
03-31 08:00:48.784  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]       scantype_progressive: (Value: 1 Buffer: 0 bytes)
03-31 08:00:48.784  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]     ]
03-31 08:00:48.785  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]   ]
Interesting difference between that and the playback of a DV4 file is that everything is pretty much the same up till the Renderer portion of the log. Here it is for a DV4 file:

Code: Select all

03-31 08:08:57.264  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger] decoderEnabled [0.92, 0.00, window=0, video]
03-31 08:08:57.264  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger] decoderEnabled [0.93, 0.00, window=0, audio]
03-31 08:08:57.264  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger] tracksChanged [0.93, 0.00, window=0, 
03-31 08:08:57.264  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]   Renderer:1 [
03-31 08:08:57.264  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]     Group:0, adaptive_supported=N/A [
03-31 08:08:57.265  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]       [X] Track:0, id=0, mimeType=video/dolby-vision, codecs=dvhe.04.06, res=3840x2160, fps=23.976025, supported=YES
03-31 08:08:57.265  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]     ]
03-31 08:08:57.265  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]     Metadata [
03-31 08:08:57.265  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]       original_init_data: (Value: 0 Buffer: 728 bytes)
03-31 08:08:57.265  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]       scantype_progressive: (Value: 1 Buffer: 0 bytes)
03-31 08:08:57.265  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]     ]
03-31 08:08:57.265  i: [ExoPlayer][EventLogger]   ]
When playing back the DV4 file, the renderer actually lists the codec as dvhe.04.06, but nothing for the DV6 file.

Deihnyx
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Deihnyx » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Hello,

Using yuseope's script (0.0.3 rev1) and tsMuxer (fork bb51a5f posted earlier, profile 6) I'm getting smooth playback with Joker on Emby on my B7. Dolby Vision is triggered.
The same configuration with US will stutter. The only difference is that US uses a FEL layer versus MEL for Joker.
I'll be trying another movie (Apocalypse Now, also FEL) and report back.

I have access to a E6 and C9 as well if someone needs something tested.

Thanks for the hard work!

Mortenjorstad
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:43 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Mortenjorstad » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:47 pm

mulucy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:22 pm
Mortenjorstad wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm
If you use. -mode2 in yusesope tool and the latest nighlig built tsmuxer
You will then have a profile 5 that will play on Apple TV
Do you have the link to it? I would appreciate it
https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... 1-36#files

shawnc22
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by shawnc22 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:12 pm

And here are some more logs from the Plex client of the LG TV

Stuttering 1917 DV Prof 6:

Code: Select all

Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.721 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   videoResolution: 2560
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.721 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   bitrate: 83637
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.721 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectStreamAudio: false
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.721 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectStreamVideo: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.722 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectPlay: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.722 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canPlay: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.722 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Finished analysis of 4k (mpegts, hevc, truehd, 153, main 10)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.722 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can direct stream? true (isAllowed: true)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.722 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Starting analysis of 4k (mpegts, hevc, truehd, 153, main 10)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Augmented profile: { "directPlay": { "mp4": { "mimeType": "video/mp4", "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mpegts": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "mpeg2video": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp2": {}, "mp3": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mov": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "asf": { "video": { "codecs": { "vc1": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "wmv3": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "wmav2": {}, "wmapro": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mkv": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "vc1": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "vp9": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mpeg2video": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "vorbis": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "avi": { "video": { "codecs": { "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mjpeg": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "pcm": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } } }, "directStream": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {} } } } }
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play HLS? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play DASH? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can force direct play? false
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Selected transcode protocol: hls
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play AUTOMATIC? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play HLS? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play DASH? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can force direct play? false
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.723 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Selected transcode protocol: hls
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.788 [0x7f30a3d11700] DEBUG - Audio Stream: 5108, Subtitle Stream: -1
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.793 [0x7f30a3d11700] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Reached Decision id=731 codes=(MDE=1000,Direct play OK.) media=(id=1758 part=(id=1773 decision=direct play protocol=hls streams=(Video=(id=5103 decision= width=3840 height=2160) Audio=(id=5108 decision= channels=0 rate=0))))
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.794 [0x7f3129594700] DEBUG - Completed: [192.168.1.19:45806] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/decision?hasMDE=1&path=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F731&mediaIndex=0&partIndex=0&protocol=hls&fastSeek=1&directPlay=1&directStream=1&subtitleSize=100&audioBoost=100&location=lan&directStreamAudio=1&session=u2j5canp4zev8ux4gjkawnj1&subtitles=burn&Accept-Language=en (14 live) GZIP 17ms 1475 bytes (pipelined: 18)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   X-Plex-Client-Profile-Extra: add-limitation(scope=videoCodec&scopeName=hevc&type=upperBound&name=video.width&value=3840&replace=true)+add-limitation(scope=videoCodec&scopeName=hevc&type=upperBound&name=video.height&value=2160&replace=true)+add-limitation(scope=videoCodec&scopeName=hevc&type=upperBound&name=video.bitDepth&value=10&replace=true)+append-transcode-target-codec(type=videoProfile&context=streaming&protocol=hls&videoCodec=hevc)+add-limitation(scope=videoTranscodeTarget&scopeName=hevc&scopeType=videoCodec&context=streaming&protocol=hls&type=match&name=video.colorTrc&list=bt709|bt470m|bt470bg|smpte170m|smpte240m|bt2020-10|smpte2084&isRequired=false)+add-transcode-target-audio-codec(type=videoProfile&context=streaming&protocol=hls&audioCodec=ac3&replace=true)+add-limitation(scope=videoAudioCodec&scopeName=ac3&type=upperBound&name=audio.channels&value=6&replace=true)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   subtitles: burn
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   session: u2j5canp4zev8ux4gjkawnj1
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   X-Plex-Session-Identifier: 79wr52xegedkmb1mbt07vdc2
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   directStreamAudio: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   location: lan
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   audioBoost: 100
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   subtitleSize: 100
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   directStream: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   directPlay: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   fastSeek: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   protocol: hls
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   partIndex: 0
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   mediaIndex: 0
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   path: /library/metadata/731
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   hasMDE: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Transcoder] Video (decision) options
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.795 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Stream codec is: ac3, selected: ac3
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can direct stream? true (isAllowed: true)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   Direct Play: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   Protocol: http
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   Player: html
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [PDE] Player decision
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   videoResolution: 2560
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   bitrate: 83637
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectStreamAudio: false
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectStreamVideo: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectPlay: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canPlay: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Finished analysis of 4k (mpegts, hevc, truehd, 153, main 10)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can direct stream? true (isAllowed: true)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.796 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Starting analysis of 4k (mpegts, hevc, truehd, 153, main 10)
Mar 31, 2020 08:50:26.797 [0x7f30a3a23700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Augmented profile: { "directPlay": { "mp4": { "mimeType": "video/mp4", "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mpegts": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "mpeg2video": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp2": {}, "mp3": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mov": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "asf": { "video": { "codecs": { "vc1": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "wmv3": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "wmav2": {}, "wmapro": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mkv": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "vc1": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "vp9": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mpeg2video": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "vorbis": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "avi": { "video": { "codecs": { "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mjpeg": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "pcm": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } } }, "directStream": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {} } } } }
Non-stuttering Joker DV Prof 6:

Code: Select all

Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   videoResolution: 2560
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   bitrate: 54715
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectStreamAudio: false
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectStreamVideo: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectPlay: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canPlay: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Finished analysis of 4k (mpegts, hevc, truehd, 153, main 10)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can direct stream? true (isAllowed: true)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.449 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Starting analysis of 4k (mpegts, hevc, truehd, 153, main 10)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Augmented profile: { "directPlay": { "mp4": { "mimeType": "video/mp4", "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mpegts": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "mpeg2video": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp2": {}, "mp3": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mov": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "asf": { "video": { "codecs": { "vc1": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "wmv3": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "wmav2": {}, "wmapro": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mkv": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "vc1": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "vp9": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mpeg2video": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "vorbis": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "avi": { "video": { "codecs": { "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mjpeg": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "pcm": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } } }, "directStream": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {} } } } }
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play HLS? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play DASH? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can force direct play? false
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Selected transcode protocol: hls
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play AUTOMATIC? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play HLS? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play DASH? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can force direct play? false
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Selected transcode protocol: hls
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.450 [0x7f311bfff700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can play AUTOMATIC? true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.506 [0x7f30a3159700] DEBUG - Audio Stream: 5032, Subtitle Stream: -1
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.509 [0x7f30a3159700] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Added session 0x7f30c0835ab0:79wr52xegedkmb1mbt07vdc2
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.509 [0x7f30a3159700] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Reached Decision id=715 codes=(MDE=1000,Direct play OK.) media=(id=1747 part=(id=1758 decision=direct play protocol=hls streams=(Video=(id=5030 decision= width=3840 height=2160) Audio=(id=5032 decision= channels=0 rate=0))))
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.510 [0x7f3129882700] DEBUG - Completed: [192.168.1.19:45772] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/decision?hasMDE=1&path=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F715&mediaIndex=0&partIndex=0&protocol=hls&fastSeek=1&directPlay=1&directStream=1&subtitleSize=100&audioBoost=100&location=lan&directStreamAudio=1&session=sfjl48igidldv1e8t9u9sb18&subtitles=burn&Accept-Language=en (19 live) GZIP 14ms 1437 bytes (pipelined: 117)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   X-Plex-Client-Profile-Extra: add-limitation(scope=videoCodec&scopeName=hevc&type=upperBound&name=video.width&value=3840&replace=true)+add-limitation(scope=videoCodec&scopeName=hevc&type=upperBound&name=video.height&value=2160&replace=true)+add-limitation(scope=videoCodec&scopeName=hevc&type=upperBound&name=video.bitDepth&value=10&replace=true)+append-transcode-target-codec(type=videoProfile&context=streaming&protocol=hls&videoCodec=hevc)+add-limitation(scope=videoTranscodeTarget&scopeName=hevc&scopeType=videoCodec&context=streaming&protocol=hls&type=match&name=video.colorTrc&list=bt709|bt470m|bt470bg|smpte170m|smpte240m|bt2020-10|smpte2084&isRequired=false)+add-transcode-target-audio-codec(type=videoProfile&context=streaming&protocol=hls&audioCodec=ac3&replace=true)+add-limitation(scope=videoAudioCodec&scopeName=ac3&type=upperBound&name=audio.channels&value=6&replace=true)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   subtitles: burn
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   session: sfjl48igidldv1e8t9u9sb18
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   X-Plex-Session-Identifier: 79wr52xegedkmb1mbt07vdc2
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   directStreamAudio: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   location: lan
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   audioBoost: 100
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   subtitleSize: 100
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   directStream: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   directPlay: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   fastSeek: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   protocol: hls
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   partIndex: 0
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   mediaIndex: 0
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   path: /library/metadata/715
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   hasMDE: 1
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Transcoder] Video (decision) options
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Stream codec is: ac3, selected: ac3
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can direct stream? true (isAllowed: true)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   Direct Play: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   Protocol: http
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   Player: html
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [PDE] Player decision
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   videoResolution: 2560
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.524 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   bitrate: 54715
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.525 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectStreamAudio: false
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.525 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectStreamVideo: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.525 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canDirectPlay: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.525 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos]   canPlay: true
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.525 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Finished analysis of 4k (mpegts, hevc, truehd, 153, main 10)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.525 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [Player] Can direct stream? true (isAllowed: true)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.525 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Starting analysis of 4k (mpegts, hevc, truehd, 153, main 10)
Mar 31, 2020 08:51:19.526 [0x7f30b0855700] INFO - [ui-chrome-webos] [MDE] Augmented profile: { "directPlay": { "mp4": { "mimeType": "video/mp4", "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mpegts": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "mpeg2video": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp2": {}, "mp3": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mov": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "asf": { "video": { "codecs": { "vc1": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "wmv3": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "wmav2": {}, "wmapro": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "mkv": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "vc1": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "vp9": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mpeg2video": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "vorbis": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } }, "avi": { "video": { "codecs": { "mpeg4": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 }, "mjpeg": { "maxWidth": 1920, "maxHeight": 1080, "maxBitDepth": 8 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {}, "mp3": {}, "pcm": {}, "ac3": {}, "eac3": {}, "dca": {} } } } }, "directStream": { "video": { "codecs": { "h264": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 8, "maxLevel": 51 }, "hevc": { "maxWidth": 3840, "maxHeight": 2160, "maxBitDepth": 10 } } }, "audio": { "codecs": { "aac": {} } } } }
@Deihnyx, I had my suspicions that the stuttering may be a cause of MEL/FEL as well. Will also try a few more MEL/FEL titles today in prof 6 if there is time.

mulucy
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:08 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by mulucy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:12 pm

Mortenjorstad wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:47 pm
mulucy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:22 pm
Mortenjorstad wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm
If you use. -mode2 in yusesope tool and the latest nighlig built tsmuxer
You will then have a profile 5 that will play on Apple TV
Do you have the link to it? I would appreciate it
https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... 1-36#files
thank you!

Deihnyx
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Deihnyx » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:12 pm
@Deihnyx, I had my suspicions that the stuttering may be a cause of MEL/FEL as well. Will also try a few more MEL/FEL titles today in prof 6 if there is time.
So hm... I've got some interesting results... I guess?

Using Emby with latest server version (4.4.0.40)

Joker MEL:
E6 (2016 model): Smooth with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
B7 (2017 model): Smooth with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
C9 (2019 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)

US / Apocalypse Now (FEL)
E6 (2016 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play) with green layer, HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
B7 (2017 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
C9 (2019 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)

Somehow the support is worse on the newer TV. Maybe cause support for profile 6 was removed?
I'll try with a few more FEL when I can figure out which one of my movies have it.

I would want to try direct playing from internal player but I'm not sure how to mount a samba / nfs share on LG, I'll look it up.

shawnc22
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by shawnc22 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Deihnyx wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:12 pm
@Deihnyx, I had my suspicions that the stuttering may be a cause of MEL/FEL as well. Will also try a few more MEL/FEL titles today in prof 6 if there is time.
So hm... I've got some interesting results... I guess?

Using Emby with latest server version (4.4.0.40)

Joker MEL:
E6 (2016 model): Smooth with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
B7 (2017 model): Smooth with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
C9 (2019 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)

US / Apocalypse Now (FEL)
E6 (2016 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play) with green layer, HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
B7 (2017 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
C9 (2019 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)

Somehow the support is worse on the newer TV. Maybe cause support for profile 6 was removed?
I'll try with a few more FEL when I can figure out which one of my movies have it.

I would want to try direct playing from internal player but I'm not sure how to mount a samba / nfs share on LG, I'll look it up.
Just tried another MEL title (Doctor Sleep) in prof 6 and had no stutters on my B9. Joker also was not stuttering on my B9, maybe it's something with the new C9 with its superior processor? I can try another FEL title next just to make sure.

For direct playing from the internal player, you can always set up a DLNA server on wherever your media is stored and have the TV access it from there. That's what I've been doing, but it probably wouldn't make much of a difference since the TV Emby/Plex apps are simply leveraging off of the internal player anyways.

Edit: Just tried Anna (FEL) with profile 6 and it stuttered as expected on my B9.
Last edited by shawnc22 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcdr428
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by jcdr428 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:04 pm

yusesope wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:45 pm
Maybe there is a problem with the way you handle "stream_type". For example, the now well-known LG demo (BL+EL+RPU Single PID, dvhe.04) should present a stream_type = 0x24 and not 0x06 after being muxed with tsMuxeR despite color_description_present_flag = 0 and chroma_location_info_present = 0.
@yusesope BL video_signal_type_present_flag = 0 => colour_primaries = 2 (unspecified), transfer_characteristics = 2 (unspecified), matrix_coeffs = 2 (unspecified) means there is no backward compatibility. SDR is 1, 1, 1, HDR10 is 9, 16, 9.

According to "DolbyVisionProfilesLevels_v1_3_2_2019_09_16.pdf":
3.1.2 Primary Dolby Vision PID Carrying a non-SDR and non-HDR Compliant BL substream
3.1.2.1 Stream Type
The value of stream_type shall be set to 0x06 (indicating PES packets containing private data).

Am I reading it wrong ?

Edit: stream_type = 0x06 basically means that the stream shall be handled by the DV SoC only -or at least this is the way I see it. Note that before tsMuxer was open-source, all HEVC streams were 0x06 ! That was one of my first commits...

Edit 2: the second reason for the stream_type 0x06 is that the DoVi descriptor is not part of the HDMV 0x24 descriptor -and I have to keep the HDMV main (loop 1) descriptor to keep compatibility with PGS, ac3/eac3 and ac3/TrueHD.

MastaG
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by MastaG » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:20 pm

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:38 pm
Deihnyx wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:12 pm
@Deihnyx, I had my suspicions that the stuttering may be a cause of MEL/FEL as well. Will also try a few more MEL/FEL titles today in prof 6 if there is time.
So hm... I've got some interesting results... I guess?

Using Emby with latest server version (4.4.0.40)

Joker MEL:
E6 (2016 model): Smooth with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
B7 (2017 model): Smooth with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
C9 (2019 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)

US / Apocalypse Now (FEL)
E6 (2016 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play) with green layer, HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
B7 (2017 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)
C9 (2019 model): Stutters with profile 6 when using AC3 track (direct play), HDR while using ATMOS (direct streaming, expected)

Somehow the support is worse on the newer TV. Maybe cause support for profile 6 was removed?
I'll try with a few more FEL when I can figure out which one of my movies have it.

I would want to try direct playing from internal player but I'm not sure how to mount a samba / nfs share on LG, I'll look it up.
Just tried another MEL title (Doctor Sleep) in prof 6 and had no stutters on my B9. Joker also was not stuttering on my B9, maybe it's something with the new C9 with its superior processor? I can try another FEL title next just to make sure.

For direct playing from the internal player, you can always set up a DLNA server on wherever your media is stored and have the TV access it from there. That's what I've been doing, but it probably wouldn't make much of a difference since the TV Emby/Plex apps are simply leveraging off of the internal player anyways.

Edit: Just tried Anna (FEL) with profile 6 and it stuttered as expected on my B9.
Thanks a lot for doing all these tests..
I'm having the exact same outcome.

I don't know if Gemini Man (HFR) is a FEL or MEL movie.. but that one was working when I merged it in mode 1 and used a broken/bugged rev of TsMuxer which gave it (wrongly) profiel 08.

Another question, did you also test a FEL movie using an usb-stick/drive?

Post Reply