Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
badrobot

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by badrobot »

TickTock wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:30 pm
badrobot wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:38 am
use this version of tsmuxer, then the output will be dhve05.06 instead of dhve 08.06

https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... 1-36#files
Did you link to the correct version? I ask because I used the version you linked to and it created a file with:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.06.06
I aborted the process because when I used w64-nightly2020-04-07--02-11-14 it created a file with the same output and that file plays as HDR10 on my TV. I'm trying to work out how to create a file with profile 5 because The Mandalorian plays perfectly on my TV:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
you got dhve 06.06 because you used mode 1 of yusesope's tool, and the new version of tsmuxer.
It seems that you download the wrong file ? I have tested the link. the date of tsmuxer.exe must be 2020-03-30.
mode 1 of yusesope's tool ——>BL+EL+RPU ——> dhve 04.06(old version of temuxer, I posted the link) or 06.06(new version of tsmuxer)
mode 2 of yusesope's tool ——>BL+RPU ——> dhve 05.06(old version of temuxer , I posted the link) or 08.06(new version of tsmuxer)
I am not a native English speaker.
Sorry for my bad English.
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

quick question how do you switch modes in yuescope's tool? with the batch preferably?
Mediaplayer: Nvidia Shield TV Pro
TV: LG 55SK7900PLA
Soundbar: LG SK8 (not LG SK8Y)
plex pass user
Discord:Rosa#1111
Arbigator

Post by Arbigator »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:53 am
quick question how do you switch modes in yuescope's tool? with the batch preferably?
put "-mode 2" at the end of the batch file

Whole thing should look like this:

python-3.7.6.amd64\python src\bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.3_rev_1.py -mode 2
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

rosavanwinkle wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:52 pm
TL;DR...I've summarized the next step in my quest for Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos as in the following: FFmpeg or MakeMKV---->yusesope's tool---->tsMuxeR (nightly)

Question #1- Clear steps that anyone can follow? I found this post but I'm sure the steps changed since then?
by daddy
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 am

Question #2- yusesope's tool, I guess yusesope is a user? A search confirmed this. I have yet to find the tool. I've looked but maybe I'm lacking too much sleep and this confinement is not helping the cause. *Took one last look through the 414 matches* Found this: https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 310#p25425
Is that it?

Question #3- Why are people picking AC3 over True HD or Atmos?

D-K

alright lets do this
Question 1
#1 first step is to obtain a ISO and unzip/demux it so you got the raw files
#2 open up a cmd in ffmpeg folder and use the command:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i file:"/path/to/my/bluray" -map 0:0 -c copy ./BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy ./EL.hevc -map 0:2 -c:a copy -strict -2 ./atmos.mp4
as a example:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg.exe -i bluray:D:\Test\iso\John\ -map 0:0 -c copy D:\Test\2.exit\BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy D:\Test\2.exit\EL.hevc -map 0:2 -c:a copy -strict -2 D:\Test\2.exit\atmos.mp4
this will create 3 files: BL.hevc,EL.hevc and atmos.mp4
#3 we then use the tool made by Yusescope. its very easy with the batch file.
this will merge the BL and EL file together.
#4 while we are at it we can go into eac3
- Click Input File and select atmos.mp4
- Under Track Input and Output format change "ac3" to "thd+ac3" then click Add
- In the bottom click RUN CL and wait
-When finished you will have a "atmos.mp4_.thd+ac3" file, rename this to "atmos.ac3"
-(you can delete the old atmos.mp4)
#5 the last step is to open TSmuxer and mix the hevc file and atmos.ac3 file into a .TS file
that will give you a playable single layer dolby vision movie

Question #2 yuescope tool is indeed made by a user
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 413#p85413 here it is. he updates his original post.

Question #3 Theirs a few issues with true-hd and atmos working in the current conversion method. that's why we use the underlying ac3 core audio file that comes with atmos.
when we try playing with atmos plex either spits out a error or plays it in hdr instead of dolby vision.
Don't take this the wrong way, but why, when he basically asked for the easiest possible method, did you post the convoluted method using yusecope's tool, when there is now a much easier method just using makemkv and tsmuxer (and eac3to if you want TrueHD)? Is there something I'm missing that makes the old convoluted method that creates tons of files better than the new method that gives you a file that will hopefully be able to be used directly in the near future?
bgalakazam

Post by bgalakazam »

olevelo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:43 pm
Don't take this the wrong way, but why, when he basically asked for the easiest possible method, did you post the convoluted method using yusecope's tool, when there is now a much easier method just using makemkv and tsmuxer (and eac3to if you want TrueHD)? Is there something I'm missing that makes the old convoluted method that creates tons of files better than the new method that gives you a file that will hopefully be able to be used directly in the near future?
+1

Ever since tsmuxer started being able to mux Blu-ray rips into a ts/m2ts with truehd+atmos, I don't see a point of any of these other methods. It's a 1 step, at most 2 (if you do truehd to thd+eac from .mkv source instead of full rip) to use tsmuxer. But not everybody has X700/Oppo I suppose (weird because the Sony costs less than their beloved Shields).
Sony X700 -> Onkyo TX-RZ830 -> LG C8
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Grencola wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:59 pm
hepe9 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:39 pm
@Grencola what happens with your minix device? :wink: I told you, they lie and only want to sell
I know right?! that's pretty brutal. I had a feeling they'd tergiversate upon launch, seemed like a marketing gimmick. I still haven't heard from users testing it though, so there's still a small chance it can play (at least prof 5) dv files.
soo: https://theminixforum.com/index.php?thr ... post-21265 apparently it supports both single layer and dual layer.. I'm waiting on more confirmation.. could this really be the first (non bd) device to do this?!
rosavanwinkle

Post by rosavanwinkle »

olevelo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:43 pm
not taking the wrong way at all,but the problems that i'm having is atm makemkv being mean to me and not working fine,BUT that again is maybe something that i am doing wrong,so what i'm now asking is someone please make another guide for him(and me) so we can have the easy method now. and that would also make the process for me better to.
Mediaplayer: Nvidia Shield TV Pro
TV: LG 55SK7900PLA
Soundbar: LG SK8 (not LG SK8Y)
plex pass user
Discord:Rosa#1111
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Grencola wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:59 pm
Grencola wrote:
hepe9 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:39 pm
@Grencola what happens with your minix device? :wink: I told you, they lie and only want to sell
I know right?! that's pretty brutal. I had a feeling they'd tergiversate upon launch, seemed like a marketing gimmick. I still haven't heard from users testing it though, so there's still a small chance it can play (at least prof 5) dv files.
soo: https://theminixforum.com/index.php?thr ... post-21265 apparently it supports both single layer and dual layer.. I'm waiting on more confirmation.. could this really be the first (non bd) device to do this?!
wait am I missing something in that thread, it looks like somebody just posted some mediainfo without saying much else?
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:28 pm
Grencola wrote:
Grencola wrote:

wait am I missing something in that thread, it looks like somebody just posted some mediainfo without saying much else?
well it was asked if dv playback had been tested, and a user replied saying mp4 with ac3 audio, so I asked to see the mediainfo and low and behold it was dual layer. but yes quite vague, so waiting for more testing obviously :)
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Grencola wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:50 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Grencola wrote:

well it was asked if dv playback had been tested, and a user replied saying mp4 with ac3 audio, so I asked to see the mediainfo and low and behold it was dual layer. but yes quite vague, so waiting for more testing obviously :)
ok i should've figured "mit" was german for with :lol:. that clears it up
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Grencola wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:
Grencola wrote:

There is a better box; it's called Ugoos M6 Plus with supports for Dolby Vision and HDR10+. There is a good review on this YouTube channel for this box link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx3BxCmgL6U&t=17s, fast forward it to 20:45 where he demonstrates it with a native player. According to the channel, it's the best box at the moment with proper AFR switch and on par with Nvidia Shield 2019 when it comes to overall performance. The channel is on Russian ( it's my second tongue, so I asked him about the profiles ). The second box would be this here Zappiti Pro 4K - link to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOXH38JOeKs; the company just updated the software and pushed unofficial Dolby Vision support, scroll through comments. I have not tested any of the boxes myself, but Zappiti looks pretty good since it plays ISO and Blu-Ray folder backups with menu support. All two players support DTS:X, Atmos and DTS/Dolby lossless audio codes.
Last edited by mulucy on Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:04 pm
Grencola wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

ok i should've figured "mit" was german for with :lol:. that clears it up
see my comment above
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

mulucy wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:03 am
There is a better box; it's called Ugoos M6 Plus with supports for Dolby Vision and HDR10+. There is a good review on this YouTube channel for this box link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx3BxCmgL6U&t=17s, fast forward it to 20:45 where he demonstrates it with a native player. According to the channel, it's the best box at the moment with proper AFR switch and on par with Nvidia Shield 2019 when it comes to overall performance. The channel is on Russian ( it's my second tongue, so I asked him about the profiles ).
This box is basically identical to the minix u22 as they both share the same S922X-J soc. weird that the YouTube video showing the dv logo on the tv says it's only 1080p, but also that demo is only single layer profile 5 so hasn't confirmed dual layer profile 7 yet. minix offers 2-3 yrs of firmware updates and bug fixes though so it might have an edge up on the M6.
mulucy wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:03 am

The second box would be this here Zappiti Pro 4K - link to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOXH38JOeKs; the company just updated the software and pushed unofficial Dolby Vision support, scroll through comments. I have not tested any of the boxes myself, but Zappiti looks pretty good since it plays ISO and Blu-Ray folder backups with menu support. All two players support DTS:X, Atmos and DTS/Dolby lossless audio codes.
This box is ridiculously expensive, and scrolling through the comments as suggested says the chipset doesn't even support dolby vision and the dv firmware update appears fake and doesn't work for anyone who's tried it. but here's hoping!
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

it has begun! world's first dolby vision projector :shock:
https://youtu.be/KDxzd40gv-4
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

badrobot wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:50 am
TickTock wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:30 pm
badrobot wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:38 am
use this version of tsmuxer, then the output will be dhve05.06 instead of dhve 08.06

https://bintray.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/t ... 1-36#files
Did you link to the correct version? I ask because I used the version you linked to and it created a file with:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.06.06
I aborted the process because when I used w64-nightly2020-04-07--02-11-14 it created a file with the same output and that file plays as HDR10 on my TV. I'm trying to work out how to create a file with profile 5 because The Mandalorian plays perfectly on my TV:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
you got dhve 06.06 because you used mode 1 of yusesope's tool, and the new version of tsmuxer.
It seems that you download the wrong file ? I have tested the link. the date of tsmuxer.exe must be 2020-03-30.
mode 1 of yusesope's tool ——>BL+EL+RPU ——> dhve 04.06(old version of temuxer, I posted the link) or 06.06(new version of tsmuxer)
mode 2 of yusesope's tool ——>BL+RPU ——> dhve 05.06(old version of temuxer , I posted the link) or 08.06(new version of tsmuxer)
Oh, I used MakeMKV and tsMuxeR to create the file, I had tried yusesope's tool on a couple of films with mode 1 but they didn't work. I tried yusesope's tool with mode set as 2 and then used tsMuxeR and the film works perfectly, with the version of tsMuxeR you linked to (dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU) and the latest version (dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU). This is the first time I've been able to create a full playable Dolby Vision film. Thank you for your response and help :).

Do you know of a method to create working Dolby Vision films with?:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU
The clip @shawnc22 posted here:
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 613#p88613

works on my TV but when I attempted to create the same film it plays with a black screen and sound. The strange thing is both the clip and the film I created have exactly the same HDR format info:
HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible

HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
I'm trying to work out why my TV plays the clip but not the film.