Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Angryunibrow

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Angryunibrow »

tr000 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:38 am
Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:35 am
tr000 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:04 am

For this to work, I had to use the .hevc generated with Yusesope's tool in Mode 1, then mux it with MP4Muxer in Profile 5, then put that into TSMuxer. Here are some MediaInfos. https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 534#p88534
Skip a step, use mode -2 then add to tsmuxer. You shouldn't need mp4muxer
If you read the post that was quoted in the post I quoted in the post that you quoted, you'll see that mode 2 was actually what caused problems for me. It would always give me a Profile 7 or 8 when put into TSMuxer, which my TV refused. Only mode 1 with MP4Muxer gave me a proper profile 5. Maybe it was just the particular movie.
Maybe tsmuxer was changed again to go back to profile 8, I still use an older build that makes -mode 2 files profile 5 and works great on the ATV4K. ATV4K will not play profile 8 so it looks like I won't be upgrading tsmuxer
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:35 am
tr000 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:04 am
darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:28 pm
Hey guys, how can I get dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU in a .ts container? With MakeMKV I can only get dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU, which MX Player just won't recognise as Dolby Vision?

It is also strange, that MediaInfo shows HDR10 / HDR10 if video is dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU and Dolby Vision / HDR10 if video is dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU.
For this to work, I had to use the .hevc generated with Yusesope's tool in Mode 1, then mux it with MP4Muxer in Profile 5, then put that into TSMuxer. Here are some MediaInfos. https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 534#p88534
Skip a step, use mode -2 then add to tsmuxer. You shouldn't need mp4muxer
where can I get the latest version of Yusesope's tool and is there a guide on how to use it?
crazydave

Post by crazydave »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:50 pm
Grencola wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:15 pm
is this a thing? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/app/9 ... verviewtab maybe mpc-be or microsoft's new fancy edge browser can use this extension?
I tried that and I try again every Windows update but it doesn't trigger DV on my end using the movies and tv app.
On Netflix, using the app or edge; when I press ctrl + alt + SHIFT + d, the stats say Dolby Vision HEVC but the tv doesn't trigger DV.

I think it's just missing a Dolby vision slidder in display setting like there is for HDR10. Maybe a future Windows update.
Yeah, this is a thing - but only if you have a licensed PC (I think mostly some Lenovo and Dell laptops). This lets MS Edge, the Netflix and Windows TV/Movies app play single layer DV. It's enforced by loading a custom monitor ICC profile that matches against certain strings in the system BIOS, otherwise it throws up an error message when playing if you have that profile loaded but not a matching system.

It would be great if they let us buy this functionality like Atmos for Headphones (/insert obligatory "shut up and take my money" meme here) but for whatever reason they don't. Maybe someone handy with a hex editor can poke around to see how this works...
Arbigator

Post by Arbigator »

Has anyone had some profile 5 movies just not play on the shield? I've made a few profile 5 movies lately, which have worked great, and others do nothing. The ones that don't work trigger dolby vision on the TV, but the plex video player is just in a paused state. I can skip forward, but then it just sits there at that frame and refuses to play, no audio either. An example with this behavior is Mission Impossible Fallout, and Saving Private Ryan. Not sure what's going wrong, everything seems fine in tsMuxer and yusesope's tool.
mulucy

Post by mulucy »

Arbigator wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:26 am
Has anyone had some profile 5 movies just not play on the shield? I've made a few profile 5 movies lately, which have worked great, and others do nothing. The ones that don't work trigger dolby vision on the TV, but the plex video player is just in a paused state. I can skip forward, but then it just sits there at that frame and refuses to play, no audio either. An example with this behavior is Mission Impossible Fallout, and Saving Private Ryan. Not sure what's going wrong, everything seems fine in tsMuxer and yusesope's tool.
I have encountered this behavior with Plex on Fire TV 4K Stick with profile 5 videos, profile 6 works fine. Don't own the Shield yet, but profile 5 also works on Apple TV 4K. I guess it has to do with Plex itself. I have given up submitting problems to Plex, they don't care tbh
ATD555

Post by ATD555 »

I am having the following issue on the Sony UBP-X700, if I play a DV dual layer Profile 7 .TS file and then hit the 'Stop' button or 'Home' button the screen does this:

If I go to play another video (DV, non-DV, or 1080p) same thing. The menus on the player work fine. This is happening with both my own as well as my friend's X700
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

yes, it's a known issue with the x700... You can only play 1 TS DV file without rebooting the player.
Last edited by RESET_9999 on Wed May 06, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arbigator

Post by Arbigator »

mulucy wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:16 am
Arbigator wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:26 am
I have encountered this behavior with Plex on Fire TV 4K Stick with profile 5 videos, profile 6 works fine. Don't own the Shield yet, but profile 5 also works on Apple TV 4K. I guess it has to do with Plex itself. I have given up submitting problems to Plex, they don't care tbh
It's weird that some are working perfectly in profile 5 for me. Is there a version of tsMuxer that makes a profile 6 file? If not, how are you making them?
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

Please tell me wehere can I get the latest Yusesope's tool version or any version :)
Trujax

Post by Trujax »

darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:59 am
Please tell me wehere can I get the latest Yusesope's tool version or any version :)
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 335#p85413
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

This is how I tried to use yusesope's tool on macos, version 0.0.2 is the only I found:

Code: Select all

python /Volumes/Data/bl_el_rpu_builder_temp_version_revision_2.py -bl /Volumes/Data/bl.hevc -el /Volumes/Data/el.hevc -of /Volumes/Data/full.hevc 
this is what I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Volumes/Data/bl_el_rpu_builder_temp_version_revision_2.py", line 6, in <module>
    import queue
ImportError: No module named queu
Any Idea why?

When I try to install queue:

pip install queue 
I get this:

DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 reached the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 is no longer maintained. pip 21.0 will drop support for Python 2.7 in January 2021. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement queue (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for queue
Can somebody help me?
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

Trujax wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:14 pm
darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:59 am
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 335#p85413
thanks man, still having this bug on macos:

ImportError: No module named queue
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

You're on the wrong version of python
yusesope wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:36 pm
For those who want to use the command line (on Windows, MacOS and Linux), you can use your version of Python (with python >= 3) but you must first install "bitstring"

pip install bitstring
shroomM

Post by shroomM »

Great tool, @yusesope, thank you!

I have a question - would it be possible (and not too complicated) to reverse what it does?
For example, if I have a final.hevc file with BL+EL+RPU, it would be awesome if it could split it into two (BL.hevc, EL.hevc) or even three (BL.hevc, EL.hevc, RPU) files.
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

shawnc22 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:56 pm
You're on the wrong version of python
yusesope wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:36 pm
For those who want to use the command line (on Windows, MacOS and Linux), you can use your version of Python (with python >= 3) but you must first install "bitstring"

pip install bitstring
Thank you so much it's working now!