Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
DaMacFunkin
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 am

4knewbie wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:25 pm
I’m trying to make a dual track mp4 file of watchmen with the old version of mp4muxer which worked fine for many movies (at least 20). The issue I’m having with Watchmen is that mp4muxer stops immediately without any error message, it juste creates a 0mb mp4 file and stops instantly.
I really think I had this problem, is it because of all the branches?
I think I ripped the playlist with TS muxer first then used the output from TS muxer.

DaMacFunkin
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:30 am

yusesope wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:20 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:57 am
Hi Yusesope.

It would seem that MKV FEL converted to 8.1 with Beta 004 triggers Dolby Vision on the new Zidoo products. MKV FEL to 8.1 with Gamma doesn't trigger Dolby Vision on the new ZIdoo products.

Is there a reason for this, what is the difference?

Thank you.
I have no idea. Owners of other devices do not complain about this problem. When I have time and you are available maybe we could do some tests together to understand where the problem lies.

But first I have to extend GAMMA support to Linux too, fix the creation of the mp4 DTDL files, add chapter support ... :shock:
You need to have a bit of patience... :lol:
Hi Yusesope,

A couple of People on the Zidoo forum are claiming that if you run the patched 8.1 file your software creates through Makemkv 1.1.53 it will then trigger DV on the new Zidoo products.

I'm going to try it now, do you need samples?

MastaG
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by MastaG » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:24 am

So what about the LG OLED series 6 up to the latest CX series?
Will the Gamma MKV's trigger DV on all of them using profile 7? (either MEL of FEL)

PlatypusW
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by PlatypusW » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:03 am

Seems like Plex is getting somewhere with nvidia:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/newest-beta-do ... 640693/232
We’ve been working with NVIDIA and have found the cause of a crash which would cause Dolby Vision files to fail to direct play and fallback to a direct stream which only supports HDR10. The fix will be released in the next SHIELD OS update (8.2.1).
But they don’t seem to be aware of the colour issues :shock:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/newest-beta-do ... 640693/234
Do you have a sample for the colour problem? I’ve tried the batch I have (mostly from this thread) and the files all seem to be playing with the correct colours on 8.2.1 of the SHIELD OS.

whiplash1
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by whiplash1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:46 am

Slightly off topic, but will the new Xbox series X and S playback these STDL DV MKVs? AFAIK, they support DV for streaming apps but not UHD disks. Just like many TVs and Firestick 4k DV implementation. I'm planning on getting the series S if they do support these files.

4knewbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by 4knewbie » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:40 pm

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 am
4knewbie wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:25 pm
I’m trying to make a dual track mp4 file of watchmen with the old version of mp4muxer which worked fine for many movies (at least 20). The issue I’m having with Watchmen is that mp4muxer stops immediately without any error message, it juste creates a 0mb mp4 file and stops instantly.
I really think I had this problem, is it because of all the branches?
I think I ripped the playlist with TS muxer first then used the output from TS muxer.
I honestly don't know because I used a mkv remux for this one that I demuxed. So did you get it to work in the end ?

quietvoid
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:15 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by quietvoid » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:39 pm

MastaG wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:24 am
So what about the LG OLED series 6 up to the latest CX series?
Will the Gamma MKV's trigger DV on all of them using profile 7? (either MEL of FEL)
Not as MKV as there's no updated built in player that reads the metadata. Just mp4 and TS.

lexyz
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 08, 2020 5:32 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by lexyz » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (2018) - FEL DV
mkv on Shield TV Pro 19
Can't spot any "red push" issues. :D
Played nicely by the latest Plex

I really like it as HDR demo, so much colours :shock:
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700

DaMacFunkin
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:05 pm

lexyz wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:49 pm
Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (2018) - FEL DV
mkv on Shield TV Pro 19
Can't spot any "red push" issues. :D
Played nicely by the latest Plex

I really like it as HDR demo, so much colours :shock:
Doesn’t have natural skin tones or dead blue skies as it is animation, it is meant to be bright.

cuculain
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:28 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by cuculain » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:31 am

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:30 am
yusesope wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:20 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:57 am
Hi Yusesope.

It would seem that MKV FEL converted to 8.1 with Beta 004 triggers Dolby Vision on the new Zidoo products. MKV FEL to 8.1 with Gamma doesn't trigger Dolby Vision on the new ZIdoo products.

Is there a reason for this, what is the difference?

Thank you.
I have no idea. Owners of other devices do not complain about this problem. When I have time and you are available maybe we could do some tests together to understand where the problem lies.

But first I have to extend GAMMA support to Linux too, fix the creation of the mp4 DTDL files, add chapter support ... :shock:
You need to have a bit of patience... :lol:
Hi Yusesope,

A couple of People on the Zidoo forum are claiming that if you run the patched 8.1 file your software creates through Makemkv 1.1.53 it will then trigger DV on the new Zidoo products.

that was me DaMac

run m2ts thru gamaa ..resultant mkv shows as mel 8.06 but plays as hdr on zidoo z9x
run that mkv thru makemkv.53 and file still shows as mel 8.06 but now plays as Dolby vision and dolby atmos on the Zidoo
a file like Justice league then hits 3 min 44 sec and starts stuttering and audio goes out of synch by 2 sec lag

i posted a fix of sorts to that thou

i ran the mkv thru mkvtoolnix...cropped it at 01:55:00 (just into credits)
File then ran to almost an hour before it finally got bad stuttering and audio 2 sec lag
checking that with other files atm
Alita mel7 same stutter audio lag after 5 mins on both versions

gonna try 5th element now ,once i finish gamma



So 5th element didnt help
straight gamma mkv with 8.1 played as hdr on zidoo
makemkv made it play as dv/da but stutter after few mins
mkvtoolnix crops front first back next both had same stutter issues after few mins

shame cos looked like i was on to something when JL improved so much

try some more things i guess :)

ghostshadow
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:25 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by ghostshadow » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:18 am

@cuculain

Image

DaMacFunkin
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:14 pm

cuculain wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:31 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:30 am
yusesope wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:20 pm


I have no idea. Owners of other devices do not complain about this problem. When I have time and you are available maybe we could do some tests together to understand where the problem lies.

But first I have to extend GAMMA support to Linux too, fix the creation of the mp4 DTDL files, add chapter support ... :shock:
You need to have a bit of patience... :lol:
Hi Yusesope,

A couple of People on the Zidoo forum are claiming that if you run the patched 8.1 file your software creates through Makemkv 1.1.53 it will then trigger DV on the new Zidoo products.

that was me DaMac

run m2ts thru gamaa ..resultant mkv shows as mel 8.06 but plays as hdr on zidoo z9x
run that mkv thru makemkv.53 and file still shows as mel 8.06 but now plays as Dolby vision and dolby atmos on the Zidoo
a file like Justice league then hits 3 min 44 sec and starts stuttering and audio goes out of synch by 2 sec lag

i posted a fix of sorts to that thou

i ran the mkv thru mkvtoolnix...cropped it at 01:55:00 (just into credits)
File then ran to almost an hour before it finally got bad stuttering and audio 2 sec lag
checking that with other files atm
Alita mel7 same stutter audio lag after 5 mins on both versions

gonna try 5th element now ,once i finish gamma



So 5th element didnt help
straight gamma mkv with 8.1 played as hdr on zidoo
makemkv made it play as dv/da but stutter after few mins
mkvtoolnix crops front first back next both had same stutter issues after few mins

shame cos looked like i was on to something when JL improved so much

try some more things i guess :)
Hi,
I feel your pain with the Zidoo Z9X Dolby Vison / Amos bug, but that isn't to be confused with getting the Gamma 8.1 to play, it is a seperate issue.

Why did you convert Justice League to 8.1, it is MEL and will play in profile 7 fine (IF the Atmos bug was fixed).

thetoad
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:18 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by thetoad » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:55 pm

given an makemkv created dv mkv, can one turn it into a valid dv mp4? or is that not possible?

tazlord
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by tazlord » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:58 pm

thetoad wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:55 pm
given an makemkv created dv mkv, can one turn it into a valid dv mp4? or is that not possible?
Technically, yes. You can demux the video track and then mux the raw stream into an MP4. However, you lose most of your options when it comes to the audio (mp4 does not support most high-end multi-channel audio formats) and you will lose chapter and attachment support.

koolkunz
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by koolkunz » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:49 pm

yusesope wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:43 pm
koolkunz wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:11 pm
Edit: Manually setting audio delay of around 170ms seems to fix the issue but this shouldn't be happening right?
Is there a solution for this? Or has this happened due to something I did wrong?
It's not your fault.
FFmpeg can rarely fail to perfectly sync my video with the audio in the chosen file.

I don't know how you solved it (there are so many ways), the easiest for me is to use the -itsoffset switch inside the second command.
-itsoffset must be placed before the second input (i.e. the file from which FFmpeg will take the audio ... look at the red part in the example)
src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -itsoffset 170ms -i \path\to\your\original\file.m2ts -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="Movie Title_________________________________________________________________________" \path\to\your\output\file.mkv
Use a positive value (in this specific case, 170ms) if the audio starts before the video (aka “you have to slow down the audio”).
Use a negative value (in this specific case, -170ms) if the video starts before the audio (aka “you have to slow down the video”).
Faced the same issue with 2 another movies: 13 Hours (this movie is divided into 3 m2ts files so had to use new GAMMA build with -bluray command support) and Angel Has Fallen (single m2ts file)

The audio delay issue happened here also and it is exactly the same it was with First Man. The video is delayed by 167ms (exact same value as before which equals to 7 video frames for 23.976fps video) which leads to the audio being in front of the video and setting manual delay using ffmpeg/mkvtoolnix adds an extra step.

The fact that the exact same issue has happened with 3 different blurays I feel it could possibly be a bug and not just something due to ffmpeg?

One thing to note is that all 3 blurays have truehd audio tracks (these are the only 3 with truehd audio that I have tried yet and all of them have given the same problem) as primary and I used fel to mel switch everytime . These are the only common denominators I can see.

Post Reply