Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Dantrigger

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Dantrigger »

sumvision wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59 pm
Dantrigger wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:13 pm
How di you manage to get Dolby Atmos? Did you re-encode the truehd track?
No unfortunately that isn't possible yet without Dolby Media producer suite :cry: It's only a lossy Atmos track from a WEB-DL but better than no Atmos at all I guess.
Grencola wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:41 pm
what hardware are you running? depending on the models this setting can be found on TV's, BD Players, and AVRs. you probably have one of those 3 things that can do it :)
After a lot of experimenting and many muxes I managed to get it to sync up straight out of mp4muxer :D
How did you manage to sync the audio?, I'm having the same issue with Forrest Gump. I tried using eac3to but when I play the mp4 on my TV (LG C8) the audio is out of sync, the file plays fine in my PC using madvr with no sync option but for some reason the TV still plays it out of sync.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Synerge wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:20 pm
To be honest, I know really little about batch commands, so I must look for every command when I need to do something
For what you say, it seems that the command is checking the space fine. If you problem is with int32 limit, you could divide it by 1000 to get a smaller value and then multiply it by 3 and compare so you dont break the variable
haha yea, that's what I do too :) Yeah I tried dividing by 1024 / 1024 / 1024 to go from bytes to gigabytes but it's still errors. no worries though, I'll do a bit more googling when I get the time :)
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:24 pm
Yes please, very happy to test it.
thanks
https://bit.ly/2urmEH9

cheers.
ragico

Post by ragico »

Grencola wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:15 am
ragico wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:24 pm
Yes please, very happy to test it.
thanks
https://bit.ly/2urmEH9

cheers.
Thank you. Unfortunately not working. I tried 2 times. First I ckeck with mediainfo the itelian audio track and enter the number in the program. Then at the end the language was french. Then I tried again anch choose language according to tsmuxer and this time the language was I think polish.
So I did it again with the old system and everything runs ok.
Many thanks anyway.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

ragico wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:00 pm
Thank you. Unfortunately not working. I tried 2 times. First I ckeck with mediainfo the italian audio track and enter the number in the program. Then at the end the language was french. Then I tried again anch choose language according to tsmuxer and this time the language was I think polish.
So I did it again with the old system and everything runs ok.
Many thanks anyway.
haha yea no worries, I didn't think the language would match up right in eac3to. let me mess with a few movies and maybe I can find you a bulletproof way to always know the right track to pick.
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

sumvision wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:29 pm
Does anybody know if you can adjust the audio sync? I got the holy grail but it's out of sync :cry:

I'm just catching up on some old posts...how the heck did you get Dolby Atmos working?! I saw later that it's lossy, but you didn't explain how you did it. This is what we all want! (well we really want lossless, but this is the next best thing)
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

olevelo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:03 pm
I'm just catching up on some old posts...how the heck did you get Dolby Atmos working?! I saw later that it's lossy, but you didn't explain how you did it. This is what we all want! (well we really want lossless, but this is the next best thing)
he probably used a movie that just happened to have an eac3 7.1+atmos track. there's only a few that exist though. if you happen to find one you can use dolbymp4muxer and add your bl, el, and ec3 files for a working DV mp4 + atmos. to make your own dd+ track you need the $2k dolby encoder suite software.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

benhur wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:07 pm
Hi
The mp4muxer --help say that e-ac3 audio file need to be named .ec3
Is it working ?
Yes mp4muxer can add eac3 files with the ec3 file extension. if your movie already has an eac3 track, just demux it using eac3to.exe with output.ec3 and you'll be good to go. however eac3to can't convert other audio tracks to eac3, it needs to already exist.
Samsheep

Post by Samsheep »

@Grencola, do you know the reason why these files don't work on the LG B6? Have tried everything to get them to work with no success! Didn't realise the TV itself would be the limitation ..
ragico

Post by ragico »

Samsheep wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:20 pm
@Grencola, do you know the reason why these files don't work on the LG B6? Have tried everything to get them to work with no success! Didn't realise the TV itself would be the limitation ..
I had the Lg E6 oled and many (about 70%) of these files worked but just in one colour: Green..Everything was green.
I read somewhere that the reason was that 2016 Lg oled are fitted with an old version of Dolby Vision.
With Lg C8 everything runs perfect.
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

Samsheep wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:20 pm
Yea, like ragico said, LG pushed new dv codec support to their TV's but the 2016's oled didn't make the cut for some reason :(
spl147

Post by spl147 »

OK Topic Updated, Player has arrived: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19035
nydal91

Post by nydal91 »

I get a problem with my lg oled that the tv is out off memory after 10 minutes off play with some of the dolby vision files with high bitrate
Grencola

Post by Grencola »

nydal91 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:52 pm
I get a problem with my lg oled that the tv is out off memory after 10 minutes off play with some of the dolby vision files with high bitrate
have you tried using plex instead of usb? there's some extra buffer settings you can tweak to help, but I haven't heard of anyone needing to
deejaytnk

Post by deejaytnk »

Grencola wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:10 am
So after enough testing, I can now safely say the dv mp4s made from mkvs DO infact work just fine :) i've ran my program on like 10 of them and they all show dv and look and play amazing, with better contrast in the darker scenes that hdr10 misses. I'll update my app and take mkv out of testing and into full on good to go mode :) yay!
I've also added elapsed time so you know how long it took when it finishes and bumped it to version 2.0 since I don't think I can add any more features with the knowledge i have lol.

DV-MP4-Maker v2.0: https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0
Grencola,

I have used your Version 2.0 All-in-1 program, its wonderful & Brilliant. I would like to request if you can add a line question in the 'cmd' script to ask to extract ENGLISH subtitles to be attached to the output DV MP4 file. If you can, i hope it is not too extensive and complicated for you to implement. Hope to hear the good news from you soon...