Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
PlatypusW

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by PlatypusW »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:40 pm
TickTock wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Have you checked with your HDFury device to see if the x700 is allowing TV led Dolby Vision?
In the image you have attached above, Stacey says:
Yes, the x700 support both DV format. My Vertex report RGB 8bit (tv-led).
Finally got my x700 :D
Can confirm the same on my Vertex2.

The 'bug' wasn't exactly what I expecting though. For some reason I thought it would be wrong colors or something but its pretty much full on video corruption. Not sure how else to put it - reminds me of the old 'no signal' grey fuzzy TV days. At first I thought it was the second track or something, but I'm seeing a very small strip on the left where the video is fine? (I say fine, I haven't exactly compared this strip to what it should be :lol: ) Is that the same for everyone else? Obviously not important just find it odd that there appears to be this strip with no 'video corruption', I'd expect it to cover the whole video :?

Anyway - the 'fix video' works great.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

PlatypusW wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:50 pm

The 'bug' wasn't exactly what I expecting though. For some reason I thought it would be wrong colors or something but its pretty much full on video corruption. Not sure how else to put it - reminds me of the old 'no signal' grey fuzzy TV days. At first I thought it was the second track or something, but I'm seeing a very small strip on the left where the video is fine? (I say fine, I haven't exactly compared this strip to what it should be :lol: ) Is that the same for everyone else? Obviously not important just find it odd that there appears to be this strip with no 'video corruption', I'd expect it to cover the whole video :?

yep, same behavior...
the oppo suffers the same issue: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php? ... ost1931032
MastaG

Post by MastaG »

So after the reports about the oppo 203 (with russion firmware?) being able to play remuxed FEL discs, can you actually see the difference?
I have a LG C8 oled TV, but the FEL movies have to be converted to MEL (profile 05/08) because most of them will stutter otherwise.
And of course it's not capable to e-ARC so I'm missing out on hd-audio as well, but that's a whole other thing.

I'm just wondering whether you can actually experience the 4000nits FEL picture quality.
Else I can simply rip everything and mux it using yusesope's tool in mode 2, so I can play it on the native player (and also miss out on hd-audio lol).
But the oppo 203 doesn't come cheap either...
Cr4z33

Post by Cr4z33 »

I've got the blu-ray content of the English Dolby Vision version of a movie on my computer.

I now want to replace the English audio track with the Italian one (I've got it too in my computer).

How shall I mux everything by not loosing Dolby Vision? :?:
Nvidia Shield TV Pro -> DENON AVR-X2200W -> LG OLED65GX6
Roberespa

Post by Roberespa »

calibra3 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:58 pm
Roberespa wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:01 pm
* Tutorial on how to convert an .iso movie with HDR10 and Dolby Vision to .m2ts *

* This tutorial is primarily intended for all novice users who don't want to read all these forum pages. you will get a good result. Without having to do a lot of tests and trials until you get it. *

(This is something that I miss a lot, that from minute one you start reading this new and very tedious thing. So now that I know how to do it; so that you don't spend hours and hours I have decided to do my personal tutorial with the aim of help them.)

The first thing you need is to have all these programs updated in their latest version, otherwise it will not work !:

MakeMKV
tsMuxeR:
on page 259 the user "RESET_9999" offers us the link to the latest versions of tsMuxeR.
ffmpeg
Unzip this program to C: \ and rename the folder (call it) ffmpeg | In Windows environment variables (you can search for it in search box) open it
Give Environment Variables, double click on Patch, click again and type the path C: \ ffmpeg \ bin OK, OK and OK. This tells the CMD that you know the ffmpeg commands for easier access.

Once these programs are installed or updated:

1º Use MakeMKV open the UHD iso with Dolby Vision and extract the video track. (Check only the video track, uncheck all other audio subtitles, etc.) In short uncheck everything so that you only save the video track.
2º Open the "cmd" (Command Prompt) as administrator and write> ffmpeg -i Rings.mkv -map 0: 0 -c copy T: \ BL_EL_RPU.hevc * With this I manage to merge the 2 layers in a single file with the possibility to disjoin *
Rings.mkv is the name of the mkv that contains only the video obtained from the MakeMKV program, I write the correct name in my case, I change the name to make it easier for me. T: \ (I'm telling you to save the result in that directory.) BL_EL_RPU.hevc is the name that the final file should have.

Use tsMuxeR and open "BL_EL_RPU.hevc" To put the audios and subtitles that you mount in a virtual unit, the FULL-UHD Dolby Vision.iso adds 00073.m2ts unchecks the two video tracks (only adds the audio tracks and subtitles) or previously with tsMuxeR you make a DEMUX to simply add the audio tracks and subtitles to the "BL_EL_RPU.hevc" and give it to create a .ts or .m2ts video file (I recommend .m2ts because it is the purest).
and ready.

Step 1 creates a video file with HDR10 and Dolby Vison but most televisions do not open it, so you have to do step 2 and 3 that I mention.
I hope it will be very helpful to new users. I spent many hours reading and testing. It gave me a lot of mistakes. But with this method everything works perfectly.

You will get a .m2ts or .ts file with HDR10 and Dolby Vision valid for the vast majority of televisions.
Hello from Spain Rober.
Please can you tell me how to do if I have two disc for example of hobbx or LOTR???
How I can merge the two disk to do your tutorial?
Hello profile 7 Dolby Vision. What I do in this tutorial is the most used.
And the one that gives the least problems. It is reproduced by most televisions.

I also don't know how to join
two videos m2ts because tsMuxeR desynchronizes the audio with the video.

It would be Join and you select the second track but I don't know why it desynchronizes it.

I have The Lord of the Rings in Dolby Vision in two parts.

I also have it in HDR10 without Dolby Vision.
MKVToolNix GUI.
It allows you to assemble it and synchronize the audio with the video well.

But i do not know why
tsMuxeR desynchronizes the audio with the video. = (
ragico

Post by ragico »

Cr4z33 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:32 pm
I've got the blu-ray content of the English Dolby Vision version of a movie on my computer.

I now want to replace the English audio track with the Italian one (I've got it too in my computer).

Use the latest version of mkv toolnix
Cr4z33

Post by Cr4z33 »

ragico wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:19 pm
Cr4z33 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:32 pm

I thought we can't (yet) use MKV for Dolby Vision content? :?:

Use the latest version of mkv toolnix
Nvidia Shield TV Pro -> DENON AVR-X2200W -> LG OLED65GX6
aboulfad

Post by aboulfad »

Is this very earlier comment from last year still valid: truehd in mp4 ? I extracted using ffmpeg Stream #0:2[0x1100]: Audio: truehd from my Black Panther rip and when mixed with to mp4 along a DV P5 file, I get DV thru InfusePro->ATV4K->LG OLEG65E7 but no sound is detected or played. I did the same test but with e-ac3 and I got both DV/DD+ detected and played.

On another test, the source mkv plays HDR (being DV 07.06) and trueHD is detected by InfusePro. Is this related to ffmpeg CodecID=mlpa vs A_TRUEHD (mkv rip) ? basically the issue I stumbled on was described by @yusesope in this post in 2019 but I couldn't find yet whether an alternative or solution is possible.
The best you can get is therefore an mp4 file with:
DV + DTS-HD MA
DV + DTS: X
DV + PCM
[Oppo UDP-203, ATV 4K] —> Anthem MRX-720 —> LG OLED65E7P
lexyz

Post by lexyz »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:36 pm
SMH...
sorry to repeat myself but you can't draw ANY conclusion by comparing some videos on youtube with your own TV photo... it's just meaningless and useless (not scientific)...
the only valid comparison here is the shield vs x700 assuming you used exactly the same camera settings which we CAN'T confirm when you put the images like that...
I wouldn't post any picture if it doesn't demonstrate what I try to show :)
And honeslty I post pictures mostly to encorage someone to repeat the test. Not many volunteers so far :roll:

Can you force P-led on X700+LG through Vertex thing?
If so you shouldn't rely on my pictures at all and can see difference by your own eyes

Just play
DV FEL demo with X700 DV on (TV-led) BL+EL+RPU
DV FEL demo with X700 DV on (Player led) BL+EL+RPU
DV FEL demo converted to p8 with X700 DV on (BL+RPU)
DV FEL STDL demo with Shield TV (TV-led) BL+EL+RPU
DV FEL STDL demo with Shield TV (P-led) BL+EL+RPU
Pause on these timemarks, switch back and forward between X700 and Shield both in TV-led and both in P-led modes:
2:18 orange cloud
2:28 noise on sky
3:27 gradients of blurred area in low right corner an overall dynamic range (brigh spots on petals)
6:36 mark, look at yellow eagle beak

After some test I could say there is something very wrong with this demo on X700+Bravia in P-led mode
Shield TV outputs richer colors, brighter image in same P-led mode but for STDL stream. (plus the notorious "red push" of course)

Maybe Shield TV has newest DV composer code
or maybe BR players are not powerful enough to properly merge layers and made some simplifications in process
or it could be RPU processing errors
or maybe it's a Bravia thing?

I dunno for sure.

Also I belive the SM UHD HDR Benchmark demo shows the worse difference TV-Led/P-Led can be
But I can't remember the significant difference in movies.
Maybe there is none or unnoticable.

Early marketing for Dolby Vision claimed that TVs differenly show HDR (due to tonemapping) and with DV TVs will show picture as close to creators intend as possible.
Hell, it actually gets worse :lol:
Now we have muted colors and artefacts. In this case better to watch HDR version
Bravia XF90, Shield TV Pro'19, UBP-X700
TickTock

Post by TickTock »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:40 pm
TickTock wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Have you checked with your HDFury device to see if the x700 is allowing TV led Dolby Vision?
In the image you have attached above, Stacey says:
Yes, the x700 support both DV format. My Vertex report RGB 8bit (tv-led).
Thanks for confirming. :D
PlatypusW wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:50 pm
Finally got my x700 :D
Can confirm the same on my Vertex2.

Thank you for also confirming. :D
That's also how it appears for me. Enjoy watching films on your x700. :)
bgalakazam

Post by bgalakazam »

I still find the easiest, fastest, and least painful solution for Dolby Vision and lossless audio to be the X700 with a tsMuxer mix. If you have a newer model with eARC - kudos. And it plays UHD Blurays. I do give the shield gigabit ethernet and the MKV lossless TrueHD.
Sony X700 -> Onkyo TX-RZ830 -> LG C8
crashburn162

Post by crashburn162 »

Hello,

So I just downloaded Soul mixed in .mp4 with DV I can say it works fine without any hassle on LG Oled C9 with it's native player it turns on the DV and it's not a problem. The sound is lossy but since it's from a stream it's lossy non the less. Is there a way to do the loseless sound with DV if your TV has E-ARC ?
akelu

Post by akelu »

I still find the easiest, fastest, and least painful solution for Dolby Vision and lossless audio to be the X700 with a tsMuxer mix. If you have a newer model with eARC - kudos. And it plays UHD Blurays.
Can you elaborate on this? Googling didnt really give me the answers. Thanks.
bgalakazam

Post by bgalakazam »

akelu wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:59 pm
Can you elaborate on this? Googling didnt really give me the answers. Thanks.
- Open a UHD Bluray rip's main playlist file in tsMuxer.
- Mux to .ts (or .m2ts).
- Play the file via a network share or USB from your Sony X700 or your LG OLED.

If you have an LG OLED <=2018 like me, no lossless audio will be passed back to receiver. So I use the X700 for those titles. Also the PGS subs will not work, just use a .SRT in same folder if you need subs.
Sony X700 -> Onkyo TX-RZ830 -> LG C8
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

lexyz wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:42 pm
Can you force P-led on X700+LG through Vertex thing?
If so you shouldn't rely on my pictures at all and can see difference by your own eyes
of course, if I could force lldv and see with my own eyes I would have posted a comparison a long time ago.
there's the LLDV Sony EDID option in my first gen Vertex but unfortunately, I'm not able to make it work. All I get is tv-led.
Roberespa wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:57 pm

But i do not know why
tsMuxeR desynchronizes the audio with the video. = (
TsMuxer does not desynchronize the audio/video. I merged the Lord of The Rings movies in a single file. I watched all of them without any sync issue.
Tsmuxer is actually my favorite tool to mux seamless branching movie because it properly removes overlapping frames.