Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Sgt Hartman
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Sgt Hartman » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:23 pm

Hello Fellas,
I was curios to make an attempt with my backup of 1917 and I could say that being my first shot I'm not so unhappy.
Here my steps:
1) I obtained the the BL/EL tracks from the original m2ts file
2) Obtained the single hevc file using the yousesope tool (bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.3_rev_1)
3) Made a .ts file with putting together the video file plus TrueHD+core and subs from the original bluray using tsMuxer Nightly 2020-04-07--02-11-14
4) Moved the final file to NAS to be played with Plex using Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 as client player, through an AVR Arcam then to my Panasonic GZ1500.

Happily I noticed that both DV and TrueHD logo came out, however the playback seems a bit stutter then after about 1 minute it got stuck. I also noticed that if I try to move forward the playback it get stuck again.

What should I do to make it run smoothly? Thanks!

shawnc22
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by shawnc22 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:45 pm

Sgt Hartman wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:23 pm
Hello Fellas,
I was curios to make an attempt with my backup of 1917 and I could say that being my first shot I'm not so unhappy.
Here my steps:
1) I obtained the the BL/EL tracks from the original m2ts file
2) Obtained the single hevc file using the yousesope tool (bl_el_rpu_builder_v0.0.3_rev_1)
3) Made a .ts file with putting together the video file plus TrueHD+core and subs from the original bluray using tsMuxer Nightly 2020-04-07--02-11-14
4) Moved the final file to NAS to be played with Plex using Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 as client player, through an AVR Arcam then to my Panasonic GZ1500.

Happily I noticed that both DV and TrueHD logo came out, however the playback seems a bit stutter then after about 1 minute it got stuck. I also noticed that if I try to move forward the playback it get stuck again.

What should I do to make it run smoothly? Thanks!
You have to turn off PGS subtitles in plex and then it should play fine

box4m
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by box4m » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:50 pm

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:15 pm
sureshm3 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:36 am
Where can we download previous version (mp4muxer_64bit.exe)? Only v1.01 is available on github and that doesnt seem to work on my C9.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vuAO2L ... sp=sharing
64bit isnt included there though? :X

box4m
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by box4m » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:52 pm

MastaG wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:05 pm
For Dolby Vision + Atmos:

Here's my success story for Gemini Man 2019 which is a 60fps movie which plays much more fluent.
I'm using Fedora 31 Linux but I've also posted windows links

First I demux the original bluray (will only work if I compile the latest FFMpeg git from source):

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i bluray:/path/to/my/bluray -map 0:0 -c copy ./BL.hevc -map 0:1 -c copy ./EL.hevc -map 0:2 -c:a copy -strict -2 ./atmos.mp4
Now I have:
BL.hevc - Base Layer
EL.hevc - Enhanced Layer
atmos.mp4 - Dolby TrueHD Atmos audio
What would be the command for none-atmos? If you know, thanks

shawnc22
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by shawnc22 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:09 pm

box4m wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:50 pm
RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:15 pm
sureshm3 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:36 am
Where can we download previous version (mp4muxer_64bit.exe)? Only v1.01 is available on github and that doesnt seem to work on my C9.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vuAO2L ... sp=sharing
64bit isnt included there though? :X
It's there, look in the bin folder.

On a side note, turns out it was the newer version of mp4muxer that was the cause of profile 7 dual track DV files not working on my B9. The mp4s generated from this version worked perfectly. Single track dual layer FEL files generated from yusecope's tool still stutter in profile 4 or 6, though, so same result as that of tsmuxer.

RESET_9999
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 pm

box4m wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:50 pm

64bit isnt included there though? :X
yes it is included.

Image
Please forgive my weak English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8

kazuma
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by kazuma » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:43 pm

deadchip12 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:40 am
kazuma wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:19 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:08 pm


I just followed the exact steps stated in the original post, except instead of .m2ts file I use .mkv remux. Oh and 1 more thing: I don't include the ac3 audio in the demuxing, just the 2 video layers, but I'm not sure if that matters.
how did you do that with a mkv file without stutters? i have a C9 to, but i'm doing something wrong i think. can you tell me the steps? with m2ts i don't have any issues with the tool of grencola.
Here you go.
https://youtu.be/VifZNt5N6yU
wow, thnx man it worked finally. the video helped a lot! this is a dual layer DV file i suppose? how dou you insert the sound file? i don't have a audio track at the moment.

sureshm3
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:20 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by sureshm3 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 pm

RESET_9999 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:15 pm
sureshm3 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:36 am
Where can we download previous version (mp4muxer_64bit.exe)? Only v1.01 is available on github and that doesnt seem to work on my C9.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vuAO2L ... sp=sharing
Thank you! I ran the command below but the muxer seems to read the whole hevc file in and writes nothing. I end up with a 0 kb output file. Any clues as to what I am doing wrong? I used tsmuxer to extract the hevc files from the original m2ts.

mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file BL.hevc --input-file EL.hevc --output-file mp4_dv.mp4

Sgt Hartman
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Sgt Hartman » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:09 pm

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:45 pm
You have to turn off PGS subtitles in plex and then it should play fine
Hi Shawn, thanks for the tip, it actually worked. No more stops and now I'm able to move back and forward the movie.

However, I'm still noticing some small imperfection in the playback, it isn't smooth as it appears with its mkv version (but of course no DV).

Is there any operation to be reviewed in my procedure or this is so far the best we can get? Thanks.

RESET_9999
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by RESET_9999 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:55 am

sureshm3 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 pm
Thank you! I ran the command below but the muxer seems to read the whole hevc file in and writes nothing. I end up with a 0 kb output file. Any clues as to what I am doing wrong? I used tsmuxer to extract the hevc files from the original m2ts.

mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file BL.hevc --input-file EL.hevc --output-file mp4_dv.mp4
I think you have to wait a bit more. your cmd-line seems right.

The muxer works this way:
1- read the whole file
2- does some unknown work for a couple of minutes ( 10-20 min depending on the length of the movie)
3- then start writing the mp4
Please forgive my weak English.
Sony x700 ----> Denon AVR ----> LG OLED C8

deadchip12
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by deadchip12 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:16 am

kazuma wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:43 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:40 am
kazuma wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:19 pm


how did you do that with a mkv file without stutters? i have a C9 to, but i'm doing something wrong i think. can you tell me the steps? with m2ts i don't have any issues with the tool of grencola.
Here you go.
https://youtu.be/VifZNt5N6yU
wow, thnx man it worked finally. the video helped a lot! this is a dual layer DV file i suppose? how dou you insert the sound file? i don't have a audio track at the moment.
Yes dual layer. I don’t insert sound because I use dolby atmos for headphone on pc with my headphone. So everytime I have to sync the video played on my c9’s internal player with the audio played on my pc. It’s a pain
until we have a media player on pc that can play Dolby Vision but I doubt that day will ever come.

DaMacFunkin
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:01 am

Grencola wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:34 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:08 am
ah...I see, so these mkv remuxes that still have both bl and el tracks intact are scene releases :wink:
uhd disc -> dvdfab bdmv folder -> mkvtoolnix mkv remux
Or just use Mkv passthrough in Fab.

kazuma
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by kazuma » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:46 am

deadchip12 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:16 am
kazuma wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:43 pm
deadchip12 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:40 am

Here you go.
https://youtu.be/VifZNt5N6yU
wow, thnx man it worked finally. the video helped a lot! this is a dual layer DV file i suppose? how dou you insert the sound file? i don't have a audio track at the moment.
Yes dual layer. I don’t insert sound because I use dolby atmos for headphone on pc with my headphone. So everytime I have to sync the video played on my c9’s internal player with the audio played on my pc. It’s a pain
until we have a media player on pc that can play Dolby Vision but I doubt that day will ever come.
nevermind, already solved.
Last edited by kazuma on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sureshm3
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:20 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by sureshm3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:29 am

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:55 am
sureshm3 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:05 pm
Thank you! I ran the command below but the muxer seems to read the whole hevc file in and writes nothing. I end up with a 0 kb output file. Any clues as to what I am doing wrong? I used tsmuxer to extract the hevc files from the original m2ts.

mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file BL.hevc --input-file EL.hevc --output-file mp4_dv.mp4
I think you have to wait a bit more. your cmd-line seems right.

The muxer works this way:
1- read the whole file
2- does some unknown work for a couple of minutes ( 10-20 min depending on the length of the movie)
3- then start writing the mp4
Thanks, I let it run for longer and got 1917 and Joker working on my C9. So happy with the results.

badrobot
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by badrobot » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:07 pm

with the latest nightly build of tsmuxer, single track BL+EL+RPU hevc + audio track = Dovi Profile 6 Video

Code: Select all

 HDR format   : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
that’s not good for me, because shield tv pro 2019 does not support DoVi Profile 6.

Dovi Profile 6 has been deprecated by dolby.
Last edited by badrobot on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a native English speaker.
Sorry for my bad English.

Post Reply