Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
flashback8
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by flashback8 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 am

Hi. First off, thanks to yusesope for all the hard work. It's much appreciated. :) I do have one question. Has anybody tried the results of the new MKV method on the Oppo or one of its offshoots, or even just plain old HDR10 playback? I don't have access to a DV disc at the moment (I will later this week) but I'm curious if this method will really deliver the goods. :) (Granted, my ultimate desire is for MakeMKV to produce a 100% untouched MKV with DV, but I know that may be a tall order without a technical spec.)

Grencola
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Grencola » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:24 am

justinadams wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:16 am
I'm not 100% sure, but the display does blackout for a second like when it's switching resolutions.
but even if it is, i dont know if that's the software or the new shield pro 19. the new shield seems to play a more active role in refresh switching than the 17 model did.
I'm guessing software as mx player doesn't do it even though my aftv stick hardware can do it no problem like in official apps and even kodi. YusesoPlayer uses the latest exoplayer 2.1, but I can't find any info on if it frame switches or not.

I'd rather watch a 24fps movie in hdr10 @ 24p than in dv @ 60p any day, jutter really bugs me :shock:

justinadams
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:31 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by justinadams » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:38 am

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:23 pm
I've not seen this posted here yet and I am not taking any credit for this info (it comes from the AVS SHIELD 2019 Pro thread) but someone posted that MrMC has added support for Dolby Vision in the latest beta. There are issues with it but they're working on fixing it. I think we're at the beginning of some good things. Just out of curiosity do we know how to master a TS with a single layer Dolby Vision stream and ATMOS? Can it just be remuxed from an MP4?
While yes they have added support for DV it is not usable. what i tested, video (with DV) did play, but would not play the atmos audio and then would crash the nvidia shield(one time a full hard lock crash) when you try to exit.

DaMacFunkin
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by DaMacFunkin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:52 am

Grencola wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:24 am
justinadams wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:16 am
I'm not 100% sure, but the display does blackout for a second like when it's switching resolutions.
but even if it is, i dont know if that's the software or the new shield pro 19. the new shield seems to play a more active role in refresh switching than the 17 model did.
I'm guessing software as mx player doesn't do it even though my aftv stick hardware can do it no problem like in official apps and even kodi. YusesoPlayer uses the latest exoplayer 2.1, but I can't find any info on if it frame switches or not.

I'd rather watch a 24fps movie in hdr10 @ 24p than in dv @ 60p any day, jutter really bugs me :shock:
same here, I need to watch 23.976 at exactly that, anything else annoys the sheez out of me, Amazon are the worst offenders :(

SamuriHL
Posts: 1114
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by SamuriHL » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:03 am

justinadams wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:23 pm
I've not seen this posted here yet and I am not taking any credit for this info (it comes from the AVS SHIELD 2019 Pro thread) but someone posted that MrMC has added support for Dolby Vision in the latest beta. There are issues with it but they're working on fixing it. I think we're at the beginning of some good things. Just out of curiosity do we know how to master a TS with a single layer Dolby Vision stream and ATMOS? Can it just be remuxed from an MP4?
While yes they have added support for DV it is not usable. what i tested, video (with DV) did play, but would not play the atmos audio and then would crash the nvidia shield(one time a full hard lock crash) when you try to exit.
Baby steps. Lol I'm sure it'll improve as they work the bugs out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


kws53
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by kws53 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:34 pm

When using the Dolby solution, <mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file "baselayer.h265" --input-file extendedlayer.h265 --output-file dolbyvision.mp4>, I obtain a two-layer result - one layer is the original baselayer and the other is a new dvhe extended layer.

How do I now combine into one layer? If this is the objective of the GPAC tool, that didn't work for me...

Or do I simply MUX with both video layers "forced" (I presume this will overlay the extended layer on the base layer).

justinadams
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:31 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by justinadams » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:52 pm

kws53 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:34 pm
When using the Dolby solution, <mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 7 --input-file "baselayer.h265" --input-file extendedlayer.h265 --output-file dolbyvision.mp4>, I obtain a two-layer result - one layer is the original baselayer and the other is a new dvhe extended layer.

How do I now combine into one layer? If this is the objective of the GPAC tool, that didn't work for me...

Or do I simply MUX with both video layers "forced" (I presume this will overlay the extended layer on the base layer).
Unfortunately, to my knowledge, the only way to make a single layer DV file,at this time, is using DVDFab.

kazuma
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by kazuma » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Grencola, i'm using your tool with love. is there a 3.0 version soon?
Last edited by kazuma on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baker99
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by baker99 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Is there a way to turn off the info text in yusesope player, really don't want burn in when I test a full film.

seleste
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by seleste » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:22 am

yusesope wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:05 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm the one who showed you how to insert ALL lossless audio formats into an MP4 container along with a Dolby Vision track (at least one frame :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ).
What else do you want? My heart?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Talking about lossless audio formats....
Is there a way to mux DTS-HD MA sound in a form of .dtshd file out of DTS HD Encoder Suite, with the DV video in mp4box? Or somehow convert .dtshd to .mp4?

yusesope
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by yusesope » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:12 pm

justinadams wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:27 pm
Just finished, and it played all the way through perfectly. Also play/pause and skip forward/backward work as well.
Perfect. Thanks.
flashback8 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 am
Hi. First off, thanks to yusesope for all the hard work. It's much appreciated. :) I do have one question. Has anybody tried the results of the new MKV method on the Oppo or one of its offshoots, or even just plain old HDR10 playback? .....
If by "new mkv method" you mean what I described in my previous posts, then NO!
I programmed my app to overlay the two mp4 and mkv containers.
Your Oppo instead recognizes them as two simple distinct and separate files.
Grencola wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:36 pm
It doesn't support frame-switching though, which is a deal breaker for me since I don't want to watch my 24fps movies in 60fps. hoping your player will do this?
First let's see if we can at least start the video with my app on this Fire Stick :lol: .
I will make some attempts during the next weekend.
baker99 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:35 pm
Is there a way to turn off the info text in yusesope player, really don't want burn in when I test a full film.
I will correct the problem over the next weekend.
seleste wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:22 am
Talking about lossless audio formats....
Is there a way to mux DTS-HD MA sound in a form of .dtshd file out of DTS HD Encoder Suite, with the DV video in mp4box? Or somehow convert .dtshd to .mp4?
You should know by now. It's all written HERE.
In your specific case:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i audio.dtshd -map 0:0 -c copy output_dtshd.mp4
and then use mp4box for the final mux

Code: Select all

mp4box ............................. -add output_dtshd.mp4 .........................

killakem
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by killakem » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Thank you to yusesope for all your hard work on this. Like others it is very appreciated.

I do have one question hopefully someone else can answer. I have trawled the thread but have been unable to find an answer.

How do we play these files on a Windows HTPC, there is lots of mentions of Firesticks and android but not about windows.

I was able to find some references to using MPC-BE with the lav filters. This worked and my AV receiver reports the track as Atmos, however I do not get Dolby Vision triggered on my LG C9.

So the question.

How do we play these files on a Windows PC with Dolby Vision and Atmos?

baker99
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by baker99 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 pm

baker99 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:35 pm
Is there a way to turn off the info text in yusesope player, really don't want burn in when I test a full film.
I will correct the problem over the next weekend.

Thank you and thanks for all your hard work, amazing job!

justinadams
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:31 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by justinadams » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 pm

killakem wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:55 pm
Thank you to yusesope for all your hard work on this. Like others it is very appreciated.

I do have one question hopefully someone else can answer. I have trawled the thread but have been unable to find an answer.

How do we play these files on a Windows HTPC, there is lots of mentions of Firesticks and android but not about windows.

I was able to find some references to using MPC-BE with the lav filters. This worked and my AV receiver reports the track as Atmos, however I do not get Dolby Vision triggered on my LG C9.

So the question.

How do we play these files on a Windows PC with Dolby Vision and Atmos?


To my knowledge (someone correct me if i'm wrong) Windows does not support Dolby Vision at the point.

Billycar11
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by Billycar11 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:38 pm

justinadams wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:59 pm

To my knowledge (someone correct me if i'm wrong) Windows does not support Dolby Vision at the point.
Well it's complicated and simple windows can output Dolby vision but only in games for now the only limitation is no playback software maker is paying the licensing fee I think.

Post Reply