sucessful creation of patriot uhd mkv file

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
smartieyoung

sucessful creation of patriot uhd mkv file

Post by smartieyoung »

I dont know if this is permitted or not but i just wanted to say that after running deuhd and removing encryption from the patriot uhd disc i opened makemkv latest version and i proceeded to go to open files and then i opened the file location where my decrypted patriot file was located and i opened index.pls i believe and to my surprise makemkv begain to create a mkv file.am i missing something here? I thought makemkv couldnt make a mkv file from the uhd version of the patriot because of aacs 2.1?
MartyMcNuts

Re: sucessful creation of patriot uhd mkv file

Post by MartyMcNuts »

smartieyoung wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 am
I dont know if this is permitted or not but i just wanted to say that after running deuhd and removing encryption from the patriot uhd disc i opened makemkv latest version and i proceeded to go to open files and then i opened the file location where my decrypted patriot file was located and i opened index.pls i believe and to my surprise makemkv begain to create a mkv file.am i missing something here? I thought makemkv couldnt make a mkv file from the uhd version of the patriot because of aacs 2.1?
But you used DeUHD to remove the encryption first, therefore when processing in MakeMKV, there is no encryption.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

Yes thats right so i was just excited when i was able to get makemkv to turn the decrypted file into a mkv file.i probably shouldnt have posted but i thought at the time it was important enough for me to share.i hope i didnt waste anyones time here :roll:
EmKayVe

Post by EmKayVe »

I just realized Patriot wasn't in the hashed keys file and cannot be decrypted in makemkv. I didn't even realize there was another "newer" encryption out there. Is DeUHD the only workaround at the moment?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There is a procedure in place for submitting data from a disk that cannot be decoded. Once submitted, usually within a few days, a new SDF file will be pulled automagically by v1.14.0 and later, and the disk will be rippable.

The name of the file will appear in the log window. Sending it to svq@makemkv.com starts the process of getting it added.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:59 am
There is a procedure in place for submitting data from a disk that cannot be decoded. Once submitted, usually within a few days, a new SDF file will be pulled automagically by v1.14.0 and later, and the disk will be rippable.

The name of the file will appear in the log window. Sending it to svq@makemkv.com starts the process of getting it added.
Except when it is AACS 2.1, which both Fury and The Patriot are. I wonder if Mike will ever add support for them?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:53 am

Except when it is AACS 2.1, which both Fury and The Patriot are. I wonder if Mike will ever add support for them?
I have a different question on the same theme. I wonder if LibreDrive will make AACS 2.1 irrelevant? :)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:01 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:

I have a different question on the same theme. I wonder if LibreDrive will make AACS 2.1 irrelevant? :)
Tried my Fury UHD the other day. Got a volume key not known error. Sent dump to Mike.

EDIT: Just tried it again. Still same error.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:51 pm

Tried my Fury UHD the other day. Got a volume key not known error. Sent dump to Mike.

EDIT: Just tried it again. Still same error.
Good to know. Maybe there's still some things that need to be done with LibreDrive. Really don't know. Good to keep an eye on though.
EmKayVe

Post by EmKayVe »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Have you tried using LibreDrive mode? I just am now learning about it.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

EmKayVe wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:17 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Have you tried using LibreDrive mode? I just am now learning about it.
Yes, that is the whole reason I tried Fury again.
EmKayVe

Post by EmKayVe »

I tried Patriot again this morning. It says "volume key is unknown for this disc."
smartieyoung

Post by smartieyoung »

I just wanted to clarify that I used deuhd to do the decryption of the accs 2.1 and then I took the decrypted file folder it left me and then used makemkv on that after the encryption was removed,I just didnt think I made that very clear.I would however say keep trying you never know when it might work.I was reading that its possible that if one could emulate a host device on 2.1 it might be possible to decrypt these two discs by making them think they are in a supported player, I dont know how one would code it but is is interesting indeed