Fatal error occurred, program will now exit.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
bobd1234

Fatal error occurred, program will now exit.

Post by bobd1234 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:22 pm

When using the UHD disc Hell Fest I receive a popup dialog containing the text "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit." during the step "Processing BD+ code" while parsing the file /BDMV/PLAYLIST/00003.mpls.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a workaround?

I'm using MakeMKV 1.14.2 on Linux.

Thanks,
Bob

smartieyoung

Re: Fatal error occurred, program will now exit.

Post by smartieyoung » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:06 pm

im having problems too,ive tried two different uhd disks and i get the same message the volume key is unknown file cannot be decrypted.i also get the debug error and it looks like the software hangs.not really sure what to say i know mike is working on it and i commend him for that,keeping software like this up and running must be pretty hard and time consuming,i will keep trying on my end to see if there is anything i missed. :wink:

MonaD

Re: Fatal error occurred, program will now exit.

Post by MonaD » Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 pm

I had the same issue with the BD+ disc of Venom (2018). MakeMKV opens the disk, runs fine until it starts going through .mpls files, hangs for a bit, then the "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" error pops up. The debug log shows nothing interesting, but dmesg shows that makemkvcon segfaults.

My system: Linux MInt 18.3, MakeMKV 1.14.3, java-8-openjdk-amd64

Apparently, it's Java crashing while parsing the playlist(s). I downloaded a newer JRE, pointed MakeMKV to the java runtime, and the disc ripped normally.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java ... index.html

If you look a bit down the page, there is a link for the Oracle OpenJDK. I downloaded openjdk-12.0.1 (https://jdk.java.net/12/), extracted the .tar.gz file, and pointed MakeMKV to the downloaded JRE via View->Preferences->Protection->Custom Java executable location. The executable is (directory the file was extracted to)/jdk-12.01/bin/java".