Used discs worth it?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
lightsout

Used discs worth it?

Post by lightsout »

I just got a new drive. Asus BW-16D1HT. Flashed it and ripped my first disc (spider man home coming). Went to rip a second disc (The Revenant) and kept getting readerrors, tried all the things I found in the forum and finally set up a return with Amazon. The 1080p disc ripped fine.

That got me thinking, if discs can be this sensitive and prone to errors is it worth it buying them used? It seems that even if it worked in a player ripping may not, and then you are out of luck.

I understand this is subjective, but was curious about your guys approach to this?
Billycar11

Re: Used discs worth it?

Post by Billycar11 »

lightsout wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm
I just got a new drive. Asus BW-16D1HT. Flashed it and ripped my first disc (spider man home coming). Went to rip a second disc (The Revenant) and kept getting readerrors, tried all the things I found in the forum and finally set up a return with Amazon. The 1080p disc ripped fine.

That got me thinking, if discs can be this sensitive and prone to errors is it worth it buying them used? It seems that even if it worked in a player ripping may not, and then you are out of luck.

I understand this is subjective, but was curious about your guys approach to this?
nah i wouldn't go for used disks i just wait for a sale on the disks i want and then get them
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:07 am
lightsout wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm

nah i wouldn't go for used disks i just wait for a sale on the disks i want and then get them
Yeah I'm a little hesitant to get stuck with discs I can't rip.
melvinhpurvis

Post by melvinhpurvis »

I have bought a few used discs on Amazon. Generally they are guaranteed error free. So far, they have been.
ntxoa

Post by ntxoa »

I’ve gotten lots of used discs through Amazon. Haven’t had any problems with them.

I get them if they are a good price and listed as “like new” or “very good”.