Hannibal (2001) - Cannot be decrypted

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
stuckinkodiagain

Hannibal (2001) - Cannot be decrypted

Post by stuckinkodiagain »

"Hannibal" (2001) was just released on UHD blu-ray by Kino Lorber this week. It cannot be decrypted by the latest version of MakeMKV. I've submitted the dump file to svq@makemkv.com.

Thanks as always to the developers!
stuckinkodiagain

Re: Hannibal (2001) - Cannot be decrypted

Disc decrypts as of this past Saturday! Warning to all... This one takes awhile to copy, moreso than most other UHD discs for some reason. But it works perfectly.

Thanks as always to the developers for always staying on top of things. MakeMKV is awesome.
lujan

Post by lujan »

I just tried Hannibal 4k and MakeMKV says there is no disc at all.

EDIT: I tried a couple of times and just got the "No Disc" message on MakeMKV. I then took the disc to my UHD player and it played fine so then realized it wasn't something wrong with the disc. I then went back to the PC and tried another couple of times and it finally took. Don't know if it has something with the manufacturing process at Kino Lorber but it means that this one should be ripped all the more. It does take a long time (around 2 1/2 hours).
stuckinkodiagain

lujan wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:06 pm
I just tried Hannibal 4k and MakeMKV says there is no disc at all.

EDIT: I tried a couple of times and just got the "No Disc" message on MakeMKV. I then took the disc to my UHD player and it played fine so then realized it wasn't something wrong with the disc. I then went back to the PC and tried another couple of times and it finally took. Don't know if it has something with the manufacturing process at Kino Lorber but it means that this one should be ripped all the more. It does take a long time (around 2 1/2 hours).
I actually had the same issue. In fact, loading the disc in MakeMKV crashed my Mac once, which never has really happened.

Once the disc mounted, it worked just fine. I think you’re right that it’s something funky in KL’s manufacturing process.