X-Men Apocalypse won't rip

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
recordplay

X-Men Apocalypse won't rip

Post by recordplay »

So I went to best buy and bought X-Men Apocalypse to watch before the new movie comes out. I opened it up to rip it in Makemkv and and it's taking a long time to recognize the disc. When it finally does I get tons of errors and the disc never completes. So I took the suggestions and cleaned the disc and got the same result. I took the disc back and exchanged because i figured it was a bad disc. Opened the new one and got the same result. So went and exchanged it again and while its a little better, it still does not rip. I get read errors and it rips very slow. I'm using the latest Makemkv and an Asus BW-16DHT. Has anyone had problems with this disc? After 3 exchanges, I don't know whats going on. I'm not having any problems with other discs. Any suggestions and solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
BlueMac77

Re: X-Men Apocalypse won't rip

Post by BlueMac77 »

@Recordplay. Please post the error messages that are appearing so the other expert members can check and comment. Sometimes it may be a hardware issue. It's also advisable to have 2 different brands of 4K friendly drives. Some movies may not work on a specific drive but works fine in another brand.
jboonj

Re: X-Men Apocalypse won't rip

Post by jboonj »

I have been battering my head against this title for months. I have not only tried several different disks from many different sources (Best buy, eBay, even renting 2 different disks from 3d BR rental) I have tried 2 different "Official" drives a LG 16n60 and a Archgon MD-8107S-U3-UHD running a BU40N drive both running 1.00 firmware. I have also tried 3 different programs DVDFab UHD Ripper, Leawo UHD Ripper and MakeMKV and NOTHING WORKS! As I have the license for all my software I contacted DVDFab support and Leawo support and neither of them could find a reason except to tell me it is the disk and to clean it or that the disk is faulty get a new one. Now I seem to remember years ago that some DVD disks had a skipped bit or bits to create a break that rippers could not span because rippers tend not to handle bad bits well while readers do. Could this be the case? I don't know but I wish someone with real skill would look into this. I just know there is something fishy going on with this disk.