Game of Thrones UHD BD Issue

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
linw0724

Game of Thrones UHD BD Issue

Post by linw0724 »

I am backing up my UHD BD copy of Game of Thrones S01, I was able to back up the first 2 discs without issue, however, MakeMKV is unable to open the last 2 discs.

Has anybody else run into this issue?
st4evr

Re: Game of Thrones UHD BD Issue

Post by st4evr »

What’s the exact error/warning being returned by MakeMKV? MakeMKV should be presenting you with some information as to what is happening within the application UI or in the logs. Simply posting “it does not work” does not help us help you. This is an online forum, we can’t advise with little to no information as to what is happening.

Read this thread:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=19774

Provides additional steps/information on what you can do next if you are unsure.
linw0724

Post by linw0724 »

Here are the error codes that are displayed for the 2 discs in question

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Open MakeMKV, go to Preferences->General, and change your MakeMKV directory to something a user can write to. I use c:\makemkvsvq myself, but it is important that the directory NOT be the installation directory. That directory can only be written to by an administrator.

MakeMKV is trying to save data to an unwritable (to it) directory. The two disks in question are UHD disks that it doesn't know the keys for, so it can't decode them, and it can't save the file that would have them.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
linw0724

Post by linw0724 »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:38 pm
Open MakeMKV, go to Preferences->General, and change your MakeMKV directory to something a user can write to. I use c:\makemkvsvq myself, but it is important that the directory NOT be the installation directory. That directory can only be written to by an administrator.

MakeMKV is trying to save data to an unwritable (to it) directory. The two disks in question are UHD disks that it doesn't know the keys for, so it can't decode them, and it can't save the file that would have them.
Thanks for the help! The discs opened after changing the MakeMKV directory