Zombieland 4K UHD AACS 2.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
d00zah

Re: Zombieland 4K UHD AACS 2.1

Post by d00zah »

What AACS version does MakeMKV report in the 'Info' pane?
Osman_28

Post by Osman_28 »

d00zah wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:12 pm
It says the following it looks like when I'm trying to copy a brand new release 4K Blu ray:

AACS output data …/MKB21_V70_ZOMBIELAND_0C04.tgz saved.
DVD/Blu Ray Volume Key unknown…the Video can’t be decrypted.
Backup failed.
Osman_28

Post by Osman_28 »

dcoke22 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:10 pm
Someone else submitted 0C04 in October, 2022. That was after Mike posted about the version 1C8D in August, 2020. If 0C04 isn't decrypting I would guess submitting it again won't help. I would guess 0C04 falls into the same category as 1C8D, but this is just speculation on my part.
Yeah saw that after some research was a bit confused about the fact that he already submitted that dump file and I was getting the message like no one else submitted that exact same dump.

I mean the Full HD Blu Ray is definitely not bad but I thought when I already got Zombieland 2 in 4K I should get the first part also in 4K as an upgrade
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Osman_28 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:11 pm
d00zah wrote:
It says the following it looks like when I'm trying to copy a brand new release 4K Blu ray:

Backup failed.
I don't have an installed version, or a UHD disc to check, but I thought below Drive Info/LibreDrive Info, MakeMKV displayed AACS version of a scanned disc, etc.? Perhaps I'm misremembering? Comes w/ age, sadly. :(
Osman_28

Post by Osman_28 »

d00zah wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:17 pm
Osman_28 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:11 pm
d00zah wrote:

Backup failed.
I don't have an installed version, or a UHD disc to check, but I thought below Drive Info/LibreDrive Info, MakeMKV displayed AACS version of a scanned disc, etc.? Perhaps I'm misremembering? Comes w/ age, sadly. :(
Sorry I tried to attach a picture but always get an error message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

My Drive is the Pioneer S12U Firmware 1.03 LibreDrive is enabled, its an UHD friendly drive
Label: ZOMBIELAND
TIMESTAMP: 2019-09-20 09:00:20
AACS Version 2.1/C v70
Disk Type: BD-ROM UHD
Disk capacity: 56.63
Layer count: 2
Bus-encryption: 80
MakeMKV Version: v1.17.5

I hope this helps.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Osman_28 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:40 pm
TIMESTAMP: 2019-09-20 09:00:20
AACS Version 2.1/C v70
Disk Type: BD-ROM UHD
Disk capacity: 56.63
Layer count: 2
Bus-encryption: 80
MakeMKV Version: v1.17.5

I hope this helps.
Yep, even embedded in the dump filename. Mike's original statement threw me.
mike admin wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 pm

To some extent we are at the mercy of the studios. The moment they release a new batch of 2.1 discs, the "new" method would be activated with a side benefit of supporting this Zombieland disc.
Arndrell

Post by Arndrell »

olevelo wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:16 pm
Does anyone else have a version of Zombieland that won't decrypt? I have the latest version of MakeMKV but it gives me a dump and says "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted". I sent the dump in 10 days ago but haven't heard anything...in the past the discs were usually added within a couple days with no response. Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue.
Same issue with M3GAn UHD - not supported it seems, I've done so much reading my head hurts... My understanding (most likely wrong) is its the new encryption has Makemkv beat, so I tried AnyDVD and got the same results :?
Obsessive compulsive ripper and collector since finding Make MKV!
Converting nearly 1,200 Blu Rays and UHD in 1:1 format to a Plex library serviced by Infuse.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

That disc is not AACS 2.1 and is not related to the issues in this thread. There is currently ONE AACS 2.1 disc that MakeMKV doesn't support and it's a version of this Zombieland disc.
Arndrell

Post by Arndrell »

SamuriHL wrote:That disc is not AACS 2.1 and is not related to the issues in this thread. There is currently ONE AACS 2.1 disc that MakeMKV doesn't support and it's a version of this Zombieland disc.
Okay, that’s interesting, I had made the assumption as ZL was the only other titles I could find that remains “blocked” that maybe M3GAN had the same issue as the AACS is showing as 77.. which again from my reading is one of the higher numbers seen so far..

Apologise for any ignorance, I’m doing my best to fully understand the process behind the ripping process, keys and the log file that we send in when a disc doesn’t decrypt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Converting nearly 1,200 Blu Rays and UHD in 1:1 format to a Plex library serviced by Infuse.
Arndrell

Post by Arndrell »

Arndrell wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:That disc is not AACS 2.1 and is not related to the issues in this thread. There is currently ONE AACS 2.1 disc that MakeMKV doesn't support and it's a version of this Zombieland disc.
Okay, that’s interesting, I had made the assumption as ZL was the only other titles I could find that remains “blocked” that maybe M3GAN had the same issue as the AACS is showing as 77.. which again from my reading is one of the higher numbers seen so far..

Apologise for any ignorance, I’m doing my best to fully understand the process behind the ripping process, keys and the log file that we send in when a disc doesn’t decrypt

Sorry, again ignore my ignorance, still reading..
77 now 78 is the highest version/number my drive has seen and is nothing to do with my issue - please retract that comment above Image

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

That's just the MKB version. That has nothing to do with it at all, no. Zombieland is using a protection that's only been used on 5 discs. Yours is not one of them.
Arndrell

Post by Arndrell »

SamuriHL wrote:That's just the MKB version. That has nothing to do with it at all, no. Zombieland is using a protection that's only been used on 5 discs. Yours is not one of them.
Thanks SamueiHL, I’m still relatively new to the whole process and in all, I think I’ve had a pretty easy journey so far - M3GAN has just completely stumped me and being a completionist that doesn’t sit well with me and my lack of knowledge and understanding even less!

PM sent

Osman_28

Post by Osman_28 »

Is there actually a type of list for those discs where u cant copy or rip the disc due to AACS 2.0 or 2.0 protection?
f14mavrick

Post by f14mavrick »

I too just got Zombieland 4k UHD and I can not rip this to my collection at all.

I have the TGZ file I know needs to be upload but I can not find where to do that. But for now here what I can do is this...

Disappointed that I cannot rip this in 4k. At least I have the 1080p version for now.

Thanks for the help on pointing me in the right direction of how to get the file to Mike so we can all maybe... enjoy 4k goodness of zombieland
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

f14mavrick wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:07 pm
I too just got Zombieland 4k UHD and I can not rip this to my collection at all.

I have the TGZ file I know needs to be upload but I can not find where to do that.
As is says in the UHD FAQ, email the dump file to svq@makemkv.com.

It looks like you have version 1C8C. Others have claimed that's one of the currently unrippable versions. https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=129694#p129694