Daniel Craig Bond collection

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
dancjodanc

Re: Daniel Craig Bond collection

Post by dancjodanc »

Thanks for trying....I'm mac...and it comes up as some weird format!
So, I should try and get the DNS fixed.
What is crazy is that this just 'worked' a few months ago...nothing has changed.
So, I'll contact my router guys, see what they can do to help me out
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

dancjodanc wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:28 pm
What is crazy is that this just 'worked' a few months ago...nothing has changed.
welp sorry i tried maye someone with a mac can chime in and tell us if private data.tar is different for macs or if this one works
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

st4evr wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:29 pm

From “mike admin” And download the SDF file manually from the link he provides along with instructions on where to place it. See if that works.
The SDF does not contain any keys, so, telling people to download that unfortunately won't help them.

They MUST be able to contact the HK key server which, as we know, is a problem for many DNS servers right now. As I've repeated a few times, I'm a proponent of secure DNS so that your ISP can't screw with it. It's sometimes necessary to change DNS on the router and/or the machine itself.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

dancjodanc wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:28 pm
Something HAS changed, though. The server that used to host the HK download for makemkv got messed up and a new server is being used. MakeMKV contacts the main site to get the latest server to download from, but, your DNS has to be able to resolve it in order to download from it. It looks like quite a few DNS servers are either broken or intentionally broken causing it to not resolve. But as I mentioned in my previous reply, it's sometimes necessary to change DNS on both the router and the machine in order for it to resolve correctly.
lujan

Post by lujan »

speeddemon wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:36 pm
lujan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:21 pm
Following
Did you submit your dumps as well?
Its important to submit as many as possible since there are often different keys.
No I haven't. I will if it doesn't work and I'll try tomorrow.
dancjodanc

Post by dancjodanc »

I have access to a PC at another home....should I try that?
Totally different network, and on a PC?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

You could. But that's also a short term solution unless you planning on ripping from that PC all the time.
dancjodanc

Post by dancjodanc »

it's only a few times a year I rip discs. Last one was Iron man a few months ago. so if it works..no problem. It's just getting it to work? I would love to fix the issue at home...but as others have said...a few people are having the same issue..so it's not just me.
keber007

Post by keber007 »

JellybeanCowboy wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:29 pm
Just started ripping CR using 0800 mpls. Does anyone know, for sure, which is the correct one (800 or 801) for this movie, or for all of them for that matter?

Thanks!
Anyone have an answer for this? I havent noticed any difference in the versions, at a first glance they look identical...
zittrig

Post by zittrig »

Today I've got the Craig-Bond-4k-Collection and none of the movies were able zu rip into .mkv.

All four broke up with the error that no files could be saved. And the drive has made horrific noise like scratching the disc. I've the WH16NS60 1.02 with mMKV 1.17.5, same problem was with 1.17.4.

After that I watched a BD without problems and just I ripped another 4K disc without problems.

Is there a known problem just with this Bond movies?

Edit:
Oh, and the drive was very hot after trying to rip the Bond movies. It wasn't after rip the other movie for example.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

You should post your log.

Probably the drive was unable to correctly read a part of the disc. The noise you heard was likely the laser head backing up and attempting to read the disc again.

The standard advice is to gently clean the disc and try again.