Can't rip John Wick 3 UHD Disc

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
KENSAI

Can't rip John Wick 3 UHD Disc

Post by KENSAI »

I've been using a LibreDrive for a few months, purchased from a seller here, and it's worked quite well at ripping 4K discs. Sadly, I can't get John Wick 3 to rip no matter what I try. I was able to copy the entire ~80 GB disc to a local drive, so despite the hardware error below, I don't think it's the drive that's the problem. Here's a short version of the error I'm seeing:

MakeMKV v1.14.5 darwin(x64-release) started

Optical drive "BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.03d" opened in OS access mode.
Using direct disc access mode

Using LibreDrive mode (v05 id=866A98CB9C4E)

Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading '/AACS/Content000.cer' at offset '0'

Failed to load content hash table, unable to verify integrity of M2TS files.

Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.03' at offset '1703936'
Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading 'BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.03' at offset '1703936'

When I tried to open the files I'd copied locally, MakeMKV gave an error and crashed.

The last time I saw this error I tried the drive attached to my laptop and it ripped. This time, neither my iMac or my Macbook Pro will rip it. I can provide a more thorough log if that would help (and someone can point me to how to do it - not sure if it's just everything in the log window or another file).
KENSAI

Re: Can't rip John Wick 3 UHD Disc

Post by KENSAI »

Well, wouldn't you know it, I tried the same drive and same disc on Windows and it works just fine. Is Windows more tolerant of things that MakeMKV on macOS is not? :?
codingismy11to7

Re: Can't rip John Wick 3 UHD Disc

Post by codingismy11to7 »

thanks for this, the mac I was trying to rip on was crapping out and crashing...grabbed a windows machine, unplugged the usb drive and plugged it in to the windows box, and it seems to be working fine.

best buy steelbook 4k version...knew it couldn't be the disc because i opened the package for the first time and put it straight in to rip it (so much more convenient to use plex than to hook up my uhd bd player)