Any Updates on Ripping Last Jedi?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
filmgeek47

Any Updates on Ripping Last Jedi?

Post by filmgeek47 »

Hey guys,
I know there's an existing thread on this, but it hasn't seen action in some time and I'm desperate to get this movie ripped.

Using an ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 firmware. No issues ripping any other discs beyond the AACS 2.1 stuff, but with Last Jedi I'm getting random read errors that result in the rip halting about 28GB in. I've tried doing a complete backup of the disc multiple times in a row, cleaning it with glasses cleaning spray and a microfiber cloth, but no luck. I've owned the disk for over a year now, unfortunately, so exchanging it is not an option.

Tried windows and Mac as well.

Any ideas? Would cross flashing to a different firmware improve my odds?
SamuriHL

Re: Any Updates on Ripping Last Jedi?

Post by SamuriHL »

Unlikely that a firmware swap is going to change anything. Sounds like a bad disc. I've ripped Last Jedi with no problems. Not sure what else to tell you though.

Just an FYI, I'd very much avoid any chemical glass cleaning products on these discs. It will cause more problems than it ever solves. The microfiber cloth is enough. Working from outside straight out to the edge, rotating it and repeating til the whole disc is done.

If that doesn't help it's likely a bad disc.
filmgeek47

Re: Any Updates on Ripping Last Jedi?

Post by filmgeek47 »

I was able to borrow a better copy from a friend which ripped perfectly. Hopefully Disney will replace my disc in the event that I need to re-rip in the future. Thanks for your help!