Game of Thrones Season 8 4K Blu-ray (Triple-Layer Issue)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
oddeyeball

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 4K Blu-ray (Triple-Layer Issue)

Post by oddeyeball »

Just got my steelbook version from amazon the other day, all three 4k discs ripped fine on my WH16NS60 fw1.01
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

And yet my NS60 wouldn't touch them. LOL These discs are super finicky. I was lucky to get mine ripped.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

GoT S8D2 triple layer disc in EU ripped with no issue - after cleaning the disc - with Makemvk 1.14.7. Drive is a LG16NS55 cross-flashed to ASUS with 3.10 MK libre drive firmware.
el_pollo_hermano

Post by el_pollo_hermano »

I have decided to return my steelbook, and just own the regular blu-ray version until a stand-alone 4k version is released. Even if I can rip, who is to say that the discs wont be damaged next time I come to rip them?
gaulshski

Post by gaulshski »

I had issues ripping the second UHD 4k Disc (Steelbook) for Season 8 that I got from Amazon.

I returned this set and got another set and these are working so far.
Fortissimo

Post by Fortissimo »

I loaded disc 2 (GOT season 8 4K) into 1) my LG WH16NS40 (firmware 1.02), *AND* also tried my ASUS BW-16D1HT, both produced the same freaky result.

I put the disc into the drive, I click on the big MakeMKV icon to tell it to read the disc, and after it finishes reading it, the track list shows up just fine. I start checking boxes and typing filenames (meanwhile the disc drive is spinning at its maximum speed, then stopping, then spinning at max speed, then stopping...) and finally in the middle of my typing/checking boxes, MakeMKV decides to erase the track list and just display "no disc inserted" with everything greyed out.

Anyone have any ideas?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Fortissimo wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:40 am
I loaded disc 2 (GOT season 8 4K) into 1) my LG WH16NS40 (firmware 1.02), *AND* also tried my ASUS BW-16D1HT, both produced the same freaky result.

I put the disc into the drive, I click on the big MakeMKV icon to tell it to read the disc, and after it finishes reading it, the track list shows up just fine. I start checking boxes and typing filenames (meanwhile the disc drive is spinning at its maximum speed, then stopping, then spinning at max speed, then stopping...) and finally in the middle of my typing/checking boxes, MakeMKV decides to erase the track list and just display "no disc inserted" with everything greyed out.

Anyone have any ideas?
clean disk
get new disk
clean drives
get new drive
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Fortissimo

Post by Fortissimo »

I just thought it was odd that MakeMKV already successfully retrieved the disc's information, but 15-20 seconds after it was retrieved and displayed, MakeMKV took it away. This is the first time in 5 years of using MakeMKV I've seen such strange behavior. If the disc is bad, why would it even bring the information up at all? What exactly is MakeMKV doing AFTER the disc information is already displayed???
Fortissimo

Post by Fortissimo »

And to add to the weirdness...

Before totally giving up on this disc, I decided to see what would happen if I started the ripping process super quickly, before MakeMKV had a chance to remove all of the disc information (as I describe above). The ripping process finished, and both episodes ripped SUCCESSFULLY.

Discs evidently don't need cleaning, drives evidently don't need replacing. Any other ideas?
yorick

Post by yorick »

Steelbook, BW-16D1HT 3.01, no issues with all three discs.
whitehusky

Post by whitehusky »

Steelbook from Amazon, using a LG BU40N. D1 & D3 rip fine, but disc 2 givers hash errors. SHA1 hash from D2 (GOTUHD_S8_D2_B5) Unit_Key_RO.inf is 9f1e89c6c0fa205fa507d0133e44c6713bbeed63