Blade Runner Final Cut 4K

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
philb1701

Blade Runner Final Cut 4K

Post by philb1701 »

Has anyone had any success making an mkv file from a Blade Runner Final Cut 4K disc?

I've tried several (OK - 2) and neither can be be read by makemkv, yet other 4K discs work fine.

Would love to know where and when you got them.

Mahalo
Billycar11

Re: Blade Runner Final Cut 4K

Post by Billycar11 »

What errors do you get if it's read/hash errors probably bad drive
Or unknown volume key then you just need to submit it
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
philb1701

Post by philb1701 »

Already submitted two separate support requests.

Am interested to see if anyone else has had any problems or had any success in making an mkv file from it?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

philb1701 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:36 am
Already submitted two separate support requests.

Am interested to see if anyone else has had any problems or had any success in making an mkv file from it?
but does it say volume key unknown that's the only thing support can help with

support can't fix read/hash errors
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

I can confirm discs of this release/movie have been backed up both in an MKV container and full disc structure more than once.

Forum search will return additional discussion regarding this release, where people have successfully ripped it and also discuss other problems.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/search.ph ... nner+final

You gotta provide the forum with some more information, like the error log(s) to see if anyone can advise further as Billy has already advised.

Additionally, absolutely no need to spam the forum with multiple posts regarding the same disc and/or problem. You originally posted about it here:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... ner#p84058

So, if you are getting that exact same error, then try to reach the developer at: support@makemkv.com

Instead of the svq email address used for submitting data dump files.

Plead your case and reference your original post, so that maybe he can take a closer look.
scabbard

Post by scabbard »

I too have had same problem ie unknown key. Have submitted the dump to svq@ for last couple weeks. No success yet unfortunately.
philb1701

Post by philb1701 »

Just to bring an end to my part of this conversation...

After having determined that it was indeed the media itself (due in no small part to the good offices of Billy Carlson), I ordered a third one. This one I got from a different vendor, in hopes of getting it from a different batch then the first two, which came from the same vendor (Amazon 2, Best Buy 1 in case anyone is keeping score.)

The one from Best Buy worked perfectly.
peter-a

Post by peter-a »

Here's an update on the Amazon instances of Blade Runner: The Final Cut.

I purchased one of these about 2 weeks ago. When I tried to rip the UHD disk, I received the all too familiar encryption error. I sent the data in (svq@makemkv.com) and received no response.

Today, I upgraded from 1.14.7 to 1.15.0 and tried the disk again. This time, it ripped with no problems. I have no idea whether this is a new key added to the DB or a bug fix in the code, but it IS an improvement and it resolves my problem :D

Unlike much of the software written by small companies, I'm glad that I paid for MakeMKV :)

BTW, nice new icon : 8)
neimer67

Post by neimer67 »

I had no trouble ripping Blade Runner - Final Cut (amazon.de purchase) with version 1.14.7, but was unable to do so when I updated to 1.15.0. Had the same problem with Wonder Woman. Downgraded back to 1.14.7 and it works fine.
BladeRunner1

Post by BladeRunner1 »

Hi, I've been having my own difficulties ripping the Final Cut 4K - every time, I get the msg 'Error 'Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR:TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00063.m2ts' at offset '4820041728'. I've tried cleaning from the center outward with a lint-free cloth several times, and still get the same msg, and always on the same 63.m2ts file. I've only played the disc once, on my Oppo, without issue. Thanks for any assistance.
BladeRunner1

Post by BladeRunner1 »

I guess I should just bite the bullet and pay $35 for a second copy from Amazon, and hope that MakeMKV can read this one? I upgraded to UHD basically for this release alone, so I'd like to be able to actually watch the damn thing in native 4K!
BladeRunner1

Post by BladeRunner1 »

With this dropping to $9.99 on Amazon, I decided to try my luck on a second copy, only to encounter the same problem at, yes, the same point: 00063.mts! Should I even bother trying to get a third copy?
satsun

Post by satsun »

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but this thread comes up in google searches. I hit this problem with a disc from Amazon and had no luck trying to work around the issue. I didn't see any playback issues on a PS5, but the rip would always fail later in the process around 42GB ripped (Dolby TrueHD+AC3, no commentary, Eng subs only, no extras). I ordered a disc from Best Buy and it ripped fine. Both discs had the same alpha-numeric codes on the inside of the disc, everything looks identical. The Amazon disc looked immaculate, the Best Buy disc had some light scratches because it was loose in the case. It must be luck of the draw on these discs. I've ripped 3-4 other UHD discs without a problem.

I have an LG WH16NS60 1.02 inside a NexStar DX USB caddy, this is what I tried with the bad disc:
- Excluding various audio tracks or features
- Forcing the disc to rip slow by editing the registry settings here viewtopic.php?t=22689
- Performing a full backup of the disc
- Connecting the BD drive to my computer's SATA and power connections to remove the enclosure from the equation
- Using older versions of MakeMKV mentioned here
- Manually copying the 00063.mts file from the disc
friedgator

Post by friedgator »

Hi, I was also running into read errors with this release, but I managed to get it to work by copying the files off the disc to the hard drive and then using the Open Files option.

I copied the whole disc contents, AACS, BDMV, and CERTIFICATE folders, from the drive with File Explorer to a folder. MakeMKV was closed, and I had done a machine reboot beforehand to make sure nothing was attached to the drive. With MakeMKV, opened the "index.bdmv" file which loaded the "disc" giving the usual tracks listing from which I was able to make the file from there.