Frozen 2 4K Blu Ray Correct Segment Map

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
d4thev

Frozen 2 4K Blu Ray Correct Segment Map

Post by d4thev »

Hi Everyone!

I got the Frozen 2 4K Blu Ray today and there are 8 different versions of the movie on there. They all have English as audio, along with others as well. I have always been able to go here and find the correct file to choose, but apparently so far I am the only one to buy this movie so far? lol. What's a method I can use to determine the right file without having to rip the movie 8 times? Or does someone know the right file to use?

Thank you!
Woodstock

Re: Frozen 2 4K Blu Ray Correct Segment Map

Post by Woodstock »

Disney distributed movies use 00800 as the play list for English, with the titles and credits in English text, for a Region A disk (north america). The difference between 00800 and the other 0080x titles are in the language of the titles and credits, and you'll only see two segments difference between them.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ammiller

Post by ammiller »

I've been having issues with the playback of the rip. Audio is on que, but the video is quartered on the screen. See attached. Weird stuff.

I'm using Plex on a Synology NAS. Other 4k UHD movies work fine.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200226-223458_Plex.jpg
Screenshot_20200226-223458_Plex.jpg (390.56 KiB) Viewed 22334 times
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

I can not tell what the difference is between two of the tracks:

Source file name: 00802.mpls
Segment map: 55,61,56,66,60,67,59

Source file name: 00800.mpls
Segment map: 55,41,56,57,60,58,59

I can not play the disc on my computer via powerdvd so I can not figure out what's different (not sure where the segments start). Both look to be English. The title card, text on map at 54:17, and the credits are all in English. Even if 800 is the correct mpls, I'm still curious as to what is different. The other tracks are not English, or have the singalong text at the bottom of the screen.

Also my rips play fine.
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

Is correct. I loaded the normal blu ray to see if the segments were similar. I was able to find a difference at 1:33:35. You should see the word "Cast" in the credits.
Hockeycq

Post by Hockeycq »

Hey Everyone,

First time posting. Soooo king noob here.

I’ve used each version of the movie but each one has a descriptive voiceover that I can’t seem to get rid of. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas on how to get rid of the voiceover?

There is a version without the voiceover, it's the last one in the list but the language is in French and i can switch it to English.
StewieGriffin

Post by StewieGriffin »

ammiller wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:37 am
I've been having issues with the playback of the rip. Audio is on que, but the video is quartered on the screen. See attached. Weird stuff.

I'm using Plex on a Synology NAS. Other 4k UHD movies work fine.
I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried two different titles from the disk. 800 and 802 both with the result you've described. Interested to hear if anyone has come across a solution.
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

I'm not having the exact same issue but my guess is its all related. My audio is fine but the video will miss a frame or 2 every so many seconds. This is the first time I've seen this from any disc
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

Hockeycq wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:10 pm
Hey Everyone,

First time posting. Soooo king noob here.

I’ve used each version of the movie but each one has a descriptive voiceover that I can’t seem to get rid of. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas on how to get rid of the voiceover?

There is a version without the voiceover, it's the last one in the list but the language is in French and i can switch it to English.
What audio track are you playing? There are 3 English audio tracks; 7.1,5.1, stereo. The stereo track is the descriptive voiceover.
jayper

Post by jayper »

andcbii wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:09 pm
I can not tell what the difference is between two of the tracks:

Source file name: 00802.mpls
Segment map: 55,61,56,66,60,67,59

I can not play the disc on my computer via powerdvd so I can not figure out what's different (not sure where the segments start). Both look to be English. The title card, text on map at 54:17, and the credits are all in English. Even if 800 is the correct mpls, I'm still curious as to what is different. The other tracks are not English, or have the singalong text at the bottom of the screen.

Also my rips play fine.
My workflow is as follows with UHD discs and it has been super helpful to determine the correct playlist in situations like this:

- Do a full decrypted folder back-up of the disc
- Open the folder back up in MakeMKV
- Find the two or three largest titles
- Review the "Title Information" in the right-hand panel for all of the titles
- Compare the "Segment Map" numbers and look for differences between the titles (Example: One title shows 55,60,61 and the other shows 55,59,61)
- In your OS file explorer, open the folder which contains your full disc back-up
- Navigate to the "BDMV" folder, and then to the "Stream" folder
- Open the two differing .m2ts files (59 & 60 from the example above) and review them in VLC or another video player
- This will show you exactly what is different between the two playlists.
- Then use MakeMKV to process your backed-up folder and create you MKV by selecting the title that has the language you prefer.

Hope that helps.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

This isn't screen pass. This is Disney. The ONLY difference between these are the language. 800 is almost always English.
jayper

Post by jayper »

Oh totally, I didn't mean to imply it was a screenpass issue.

I just like to be certain before ripping and for my workflow, I am ALWAYS creating a folder back-up first anyways. So, clicking on a few m2ts files to be certain is worth it for me.