GetMPLS - An Application to help find the correct playlist for BD / UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
MartyMcNuts

GetMPLS - An Application to help find the correct playlist for BD / UHD

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Hi guys,

I have created a little app to help when we are unable to find the correct playlist for our BD's & UHD's called GetMPLS. GetMPLS works with decrypted BD / UHD folders and uses eac3to (included) and ffmpeg (included) for folder analysis.

System requirements to use GetMPLS are:
  • Windows PC
  • .net framework 4.7.2 or higher

To use GetMPLS, just click "Source" or drag 'n' drop your decrypted BD / UHD folder onto the textbox. After a few moments, GetMPLS will:
  • advise you of the recommended playlist
  • show you all playlists longer than 15 minutes
  • show you the segment map/order for each playlist
  • color in blue any m2ts files that may differ and appear in only 1 playlist

Most of the time, the correct playlist is recommended. Occasionally,it get's it wrong but since the differing m2ts files are colored blue and are in order, it is far quicker & easier to check some of those m2ts files to determine the correct playlist.

For example:

This pic shows an incorrect playlist has been recommended.
GetMPLS-wrong-playlist-recommended.jpg
GetMPLS-wrong-playlist-recommended.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 62625 times

In this pic, I played the first blue m2ts file (00075.m2ts) from the incorrect recommended playlist (00801.mpls) and can see that it is in a foreign language.
GetMPLS-correct-playlist-easily-found-by-checking-m2ts-files-1.jpg
GetMPLS-correct-playlist-easily-found-by-checking-m2ts-files-1.jpg (158.13 KiB) Viewed 62625 times

In this pic, I played the first blue m2ts file (00056.m2ts) from another playlist. As you can see,this file is in English, so for me, I can see that playlist 00004.mpls is the correct one. It also happens to be 30 seconds shorter.
GetMPLS-correct-playlist-easily-found-by-checking-m2ts-files-2.jpg
GetMPLS-correct-playlist-easily-found-by-checking-m2ts-files-2.jpg (159.91 KiB) Viewed 62625 times

As I said earlier, it does get it right most of the time, but if at any time you are unsure that the correct playlist has been recommended, just start checking the blue m2ts files and you will figure out the correct one in no time.

So feel free to give it a try. If it helps you out at all, please consider making a small donation by clicking the "Donate with Paypal" button within the GetMPLS application.

Any questions, issues etc, please contact me.

UPDATE 22/03/2020:
  • I have added a timer to show you the elapsed time.
  • I have added a "CANCEL" function. The 'SOURCE' button becomes the 'CANCEL' button once the procedure starts.
  • I have also added an automatic, timed cancel, set for 2 minutes. This should be ample time for GetMPLS to complete it's process. Unfortunately, if for some reason GetMPLS is unable to recommend a playlist or times out, it is due to ffmpeg read issues, which are out of my control.

UPDATE 25/03/2020:
  • A few minor code adjustments to stop GetMPLS from crashing on folders created from discs containing screenpass. (Thanks to SamuriHL for the assistance.)

Screenpass is really hit & miss (mostly miss) at this stage but you still at least end up with a list of all playlists (with m2ts segment in order).

I have tested GetMPLS on approximately 60 decrypted UHD folders and 20 decrypted BD folders and none of them took more than 30 seconds. (Most of them took less than 5 seconds.)

Download link and hash checks have been updated.

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s7m6tqd9 ... S.zip/file

Hash Checks:
GetMPLS.exe:

CRC-32 = 749FC1C8
SHA-1 = CA832F15CA53E119B78989A62627D1F93F31F4E8
MD-5 = 1205BAA3ADDC94570E077597DEF21C30

Zip file:

CRC-32 = 320C227B
SHA-1 = E51998FFA5AE3B885D7F8005530D226C3845AD7F
MD-5 = 41E132FB28DBB03650EA9E0A9EB61DF1
Last edited by MartyMcNuts on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Billycar11

Re: GetMPLS - An Application to help find the correct playlist for BD / UHD

Post by Billycar11 »

Very nice Marty :D
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Damn, dude, that's kuel! Thanks for this!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Thanks guys.

I've seen quite a few threads/comments about finding the correct playlist and thought this might help. I just hope that it proves useful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Tigersaw

Post by Tigersaw »

thanks for this great Program my question is how to you figure out which one to pick in makemkv. that relates to Get MPLS information?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Tigersaw wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:52 pm
thanks for this great Program my question is how to you figure out which one to pick in makemkv. that relates to Get MPLS information?
Does MakeMKV show the playlist that you found in GetMPLS or does MakeMKV say that playlist is the same as .....?
Tigersaw

Post by Tigersaw »

Also when I run GetMPLS it scans my drive and then the info populates in the window then it freezes up and when I click on it it says not responding.
I have updated .net framework to 4.8 and still same issue. I'm running windows 7 Pro. Any Ideas tks.
blrtl

Post by blrtl »

Please, do I understand correct: make folder backup first, then check with GetMPLS for right PL?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Tigersaw wrote:Also when I run GetMPLS it scans my drive and then the info populates in the window then it freezes up and when I click on it it says not responding.
I have updated .net framework to 4.8 and still same issue. I'm running windows 7 Pro. Any Ideas tks.
What movie is this happening on? I get this behavior on a backup of midway uhd. But knives out uhd works fine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

blrtl wrote:Please, do I understand correct: make folder backup first, then check with GetMPLS for right PL?
Yes that's correct.

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

UPDATE 22/03/2020:
  • I have added a timer to show you the elapsed time.
  • I have added a "CANCEL" function. The 'SOURCE' button becomes the 'CANCEL' button once the procedure starts.
  • I have also added an automatic, timed cancel, set for 2 minutes. This should be ample time for GetMPLS to complete it's process. Unfortunately, if for some reason GetMPLS is unable to recommend a playlist or times out, it is due to ffmpeg read issues, which are out of my control.
I have tested GetMPLS on approximately 60 decrypted UHD folders and 20 decrypted BD folders and none of them took more than 30 seconds. (Most of them took less than 5 seconds.)

Download link and hash checks have been updated in the first post.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Nice. I'll check it out in the morning.

SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

That's a negative.

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:32 pm
That's a negative.

Ok, very strange. Does it only do this for Midway? I'll take another look.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:13 am
Ok, very strange. Does it only do this for Midway? I'll take another look.
I've only tried it on the two UHD's I've got with screen pass. Knives Out worked great and found the proper playlist. Midway gave this locking up issue. I could try to find screen pass on some of the blu-rays I have kicking around if you need me to test anything else. The event log didn't tell me anything useful.

EDIT: I'm ripping the blu-ray of John Wick that came with my UHD just to see how it does on that one. I'll let you know when it's done ripping.