Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
RESET_9999

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by RESET_9999 »

Shasarak wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 pm
Even using your preferred version of TsMuxer, if I feed it the playlist file and mux to a TS then my Oppo 203 can't play the resulting file. It recognises it as Dolby Vision, triggers the TV to switch modes, and displays the first frame correctly, but then the video just freezes.
that's strange.. please test this version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nO44r ... TBbY5ZDgJ6
tommo8

Post by tommo8 »

Hey all, long lurker and first time poster.

Can anyone confirm if this actually works on LG's built in video player? I've muxed the files together and can confirm it has DV on the file but my LG B9 just won't play the file in either .tS or .m2ts file format.

I've put the file in my Plex library and the file does play on my wife's Huawei P20 phone using the Plex app.

Thanks.
darrrkmanxxx

Post by darrrkmanxxx »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:28 pm
Shasarak wrote:
Even using your preferred version of TsMuxer, if I feed it the playlist file and mux to a TS then my Oppo 203 can't play the resulting file. It recognises it as Dolby Vision, triggers the TV to switch modes, and displays the first frame correctly, but then the video just freezes.
that's strange.. please test this version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nO44r ... TBbY5ZDgJ6
wow, this one does dvhe.08.06, BL+EL+RPU now, I'll test it, but it's still a bit unorthodox.

I think for .ts containers we'll need dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU or dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU or dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
djj82

Post by djj82 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:42 pm
darrrkmanxxx wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:00 pm
mulucy wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:10 pm

It sounds like I will need to buy a Shield TV pretty soon, considering how good it is when it comes to DV and HD Audio support! Thank you, and take care!
Which software player app do you use to play DV+Atmos in a TS container on you SHIELD TV?
I use plex for mine. My plex server for UHD's is running on my Shield 2017 and I'm able to use the Plex client on the Shield Pro 2019 to play them perfectly.

Are you using the Plex 7.x (standard) or Plex 8.x (Beta) version on your Shield TV Pro 2019? Also, are you using the new player in your plex settings? And do you have resolution switching and refresh rate switching enabled or disabled in the plex settings? Did you have to change anything else in the Shield TV settings?

I've got a 2019 non-pro (tube) Shield TV and I'm just getting a black screen and no audio anytime I try one of these .ts files I've remuxed. Media info confirms they are Dolby Vision profile though. So far I've only tried movies with DTS-X so I can avoid the eac3to step (i'm new to all this)

Video
ID : 4117 (0x1015)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : 6
Duration : 1 h 29 min
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Language : English
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
djj82

Post by djj82 »

djj82 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:55 pm
SamuriHL wrote:
darrrkmanxxx wrote:

Which software player app do you use to play DV+Atmos in a TS container on you SHIELD TV?
I use plex for mine. My plex server for UHD's is running on my Shield 2017 and I'm able to use the Plex client on the Shield Pro 2019 to play them perfectly.

Are you using the Plex 7.x (standard) or Plex 8.x (Beta) version on your Shield TV Pro 2019? Also, are you using the new player in your plex settings? And do you have resolution switching and refresh rate switching enabled or disabled in the plex settings? Did you have to change anything else in the Shield TV settings?

I've got a 2019 non-pro (tube) Shield TV and I'm just getting a black screen and no audio anytime I try one of these .ts files I've remuxed. Media info confirms they are Dolby Vision profile though. So far I've only tried movies with DTS-X so I can avoid the eac3to step (i'm new to all this)

Video
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.06.06, BL+EL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Apologies, finally read thru the rest of the thread. I see you're running the Plex stable (public channel). And that you have refresh rate switching enabled, and new player disabled. I also found that I was using the most recent TS muxer nightly and that was giving me dvhe06.06. I installed the 04.06 fix version earlier in the thread and now my media info is as below. At least now the files are playing on my shield (instead of giving a black screen) but its only triggering HDR10 (not dolby vision). I was on the Plex Beta 8.x channel. I uninstalled, left beta, and reinstalled the public version. However they just pushed out 8.0.0 to the public channel (so I can't go back to try 7.3x any more). I tried both with the new player enabled and disabled and I'm having the same behavior. TS files play but only in HDR10, not triggering dolby vision.

Can anyone who has had this working in PLEX and the Shield TV 2019 try again after updating plex to 8.0? I'm curious if 8.x broke dolby vision in plex (or if its just my personal setup)

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Trujax

Post by Trujax »

Hi, I have just registered to thank the community and MakeMKV team, now I can play my UHD Dolby Vision at least in backup, as my Xbox One X can't do Dolby Vision with its Blu-Ray player app.

I have noted that demuxed DV video tracks made with MakeMKV can be played in my Shield TV 2019 with Plex 8.x but not with my LG C7 OLED's embedded player. However with Yusecope's tool can be played with both, although it loses video language tag.

I am using TsMuxer w64-nightly-2020-04-30--02-11-26. Hope this helps.
paulster

Post by paulster »

I'm going to presume so, but for confirmation will MakeMKV now successfully rip Dolby Vision from an ISO image as opposed to the physical disc? It wasn't clear in the Joker posts whether the ISO was being used for this particular purpose.
djj82

Post by djj82 »

djj82 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:40 pm
djj82 wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:

Video
Apologies, finally read thru the rest of the thread. I see you're running the Plex stable (public channel). And that you have refresh rate switching enabled, and new player disabled. I also found that I was using the most recent TS muxer nightly and that was giving me dvhe06.06. I installed the 04.06 fix version earlier in the thread and now my media info is as below. At least now the files are playing on my shield (instead of giving a black screen) but its only triggering HDR10 (not dolby vision). I was on the Plex Beta 8.x channel. I uninstalled, left beta, and reinstalled the public version. However they just pushed out 8.0.0 to the public channel (so I can't go back to try 7.3x any more). I tried both with the new player enabled and disabled and I'm having the same behavior. TS files play but only in HDR10, not triggering dolby vision.

Can anyone who has had this working in PLEX and the Shield TV 2019 try again after updating plex to 8.0? I'm curious if 8.x broke dolby vision in plex (or if its just my personal setup)

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Pretty much disregard all of my posts, found my problem, I'm an idiot. Forgot I factory reset my Onkyo TX-RZ830 receiver a week ago when I was redoing my home theater speaker setup. And of course, by default, Onkyo disables 4K enhanced passthrough. Super secret button combo (BD/DVD + Power) is needed to re-enable it. Once I did that I've got Dolby Vision logo working now =)

So far Despicable Me 1 and 2 are working ok (DTS-X on both). Ready Player One is working but stuttering every 30sec or so (ATMOS where I used the eac3to tool). Going to try a few more things to debug, ready player one is obviously much higher bitrate too so could be my network / NAS server limitation.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

paulster wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:32 pm
I'm going to presume so, but for confirmation will MakeMKV now successfully rip Dolby Vision from an ISO image as opposed to the physical disc? It wasn't clear in the Joker posts whether the ISO was being used for this particular purpose.
Sure, if the ISO was made from the original disk, then yes.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

djj82 wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
darrrkmanxxx wrote:

Video
Sorry, I wish I had read this before I kicked off a calibration on my TV. From memory it's whatever the latest Plex version is that's not beta, I believe I did enable the new player, I do have refresh switching on but not res switching because I wanted the AI upscaler to work on my TiVo recordings. The Shield itself I default to 4k 23.973 rec.709 with DV enabled. It's a bit unorthodox I know as most people default to bt.2020 for whatever reason. I have the option to switch color space enabled so that when I do play 4k content it'll switch to bt.2020 automagically. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. I will double check everything tomorrow and see if I got any of this wrong.

As for your video, I did highlight something that is different from the DV TS files I'm creating. I'm using dvhe.04.06 for mine. Not sure if that'll help.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

djj82 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:40 pm

That's what I get for not reading everything before responding. I must have posted my settings somewhere in this thread (woohoo LOL) and I've not changed anything in plex recently. I will have to double check everything in the morning and get back to you. I literally just played 1917 for a couple minutes after factory resetting my C8 earlier. Ok while I was typing this up my calibration finished so I was able to check. I'm running 8.0.0.17276 Plex (there's an update waiting to install but I held off for the moment). Enable new video player is on. Res switching off. Refresh switching on.
djj82 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:16 am

Pretty much disregard all of my posts, found my problem, I'm an idiot. Forgot I factory reset my Onkyo TX-RZ830 receiver a week ago when I was redoing my home theater speaker setup. And of course, by default, Onkyo disables 4K enhanced passthrough. Super secret button combo (BD/DVD + Power) is needed to re-enable it. Once I did that I've got Dolby Vision logo working now =)

So far Despicable Me 1 and 2 are working ok (DTS-X on both). Ready Player One is working but stuttering every 30sec or so (ATMOS where I used the eac3to tool). Going to try a few more things to debug, ready player one is obviously much higher bitrate too so could be my network / NAS server limitation.

I'm still not learning on this post reading thing am I? LOL I watched Ready Player One as my very first TS file all the way through with zero issues when this method came out so that's a bit odd there. But at least you're moving forward!
djj82

Post by djj82 »

Thanks for all your posts and responses, they are very helpful! After fixing my receiver config, I went back and tried using TSMuxer nightly 04/30 02-11-26 and that started making the dvhe 06.06 files again which all failed. Black screen, spinning yellow circle indefinitely in plex. Then went back and used the TSMuxer 04.06 (fix) version and dvhe 04.06 files are working again. I also tried a bunch of Dolby Vision Demo files from demolandia.net (not sure if they are encoded properly or not). A couple worked, some crashed plex, and some played with stutter. I'll run mediainfo on them tomorrow and see how they were built. I went back to ready player one again and tried to watch more despite the stuttering, eventually after about 9min it crashed completely. Again I'm not sure if this has to do with the latest PLEX 8.0 updates or something with my encoding process (or even my shitty shield tube)

Despicable Me 1, 2, 3 (DTS-X) working dvhe04.06
Ready Player One (ATMOS) working but stuttering and eventually crashing, also dvhe04.06

PS I should also add I did some more speed checks to my NAS and I'm fully able to saturate my gigabit ethernet so I've eliminated any NAS/PLEX server issues.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

djj82 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:06 am
Thanks for all your posts and responses, they are very helpful! After fixing my receiver config, I went back and tried using TSMuxer nightly 04/30 02-11-26 and that started making the dvhe 06.06 files again which all failed. Black screen, spinning yellow circle indefinitely in plex. Then went back and used the TSMuxer 04.06 (fix) version and dvhe 04.06 files are working again. I also tried a bunch of Dolby Vision Demo files from demolandia.net (not sure if they are encoded properly or not). A couple worked, some crashed plex, and some played with stutter. I'll run mediainfo on them tomorrow and see how they were built. I went back to ready player one again and tried to watch more despite the stuttering, eventually after about 9min it crashed completely. Again I'm not sure if this has to do with the latest PLEX 8.0 updates or something with my encoding process (or even my shitty shield tube)

Despicable Me 1, 2, 3 (DTS-X) working dvhe04.06
Ready Player One (ATMOS) working but stuttering and eventually crashing, also dvhe04.06

PS I should also add I did some more speed checks to my NAS and I'm fully able to saturate my gigabit ethernet so I've eliminated any NAS/PLEX server issues.
It’s probably the shield tube, unfortuntely, and its smaller memory. Sounds like the issue mentioned here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... -useless-/
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Shasarak wrote:
RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:28 am
This work with the x700 (dual-layer DV + Atmos + Subs) and another user at the doom9 forum is reporting that it works on the oppo as well.
Does this title also contain HDR10+ ? I’ve tried a few ways where if it is HDR10+ the Oppo freezes on the first frame. If the original is one M2TS file then try that on its own on the Oppo.
Shasarak

Post by Shasarak »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:28 pm
Shasarak wrote:
Okay, a little progress. I hadn't realised that TsMuxer lists the TrueHD audio and its core AC3 as two separate tracks. Both of them have to be included in the TS, and the core track has to come before the TrueHD track in the sequence.

If my track sequence is 1: 4K video, 2: 1080p video, 3: AC3 audio, 4: TrueHD audio, 5: subtitles then the video file will play on the Oppo... at least, it plays for 1 or 2 minutes, but then it crashes (not always in the same place).

Also, it isn't actually playing the TrueHD audio track, even if I explicitly select it.

I get the same issues with both of the TsMuxer versions you've given me a link to.