Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
shawnc22

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by shawnc22 »

Got the same message as well. Will report back when I get the test image and installed
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Any further word on the mkv standard?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

looks like there were some back and forth and it's waiting for some finals reviews now

https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-s ... n/pull/390
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Good news about the shield, but when it first came to light that the Shield was doing funny stuff with DV and refresh rates I bought the Oppo clone, and the pic is just so much more natural with all sources.

Wonder if I will go back to the shield?
Tormented

Post by Tormented »

I've got my new HDMI cable (Belkin Ultra High Speed HDMI) and that one works fine. I could enable Dolby Vision and tested Birds of Prey. Best thing to see when checking the HDMI input is ''Dolby Vision'' and ''Dolby Atmos''. Finially got both!
Tormented

Post by Tormented »

shawnc22 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:17 pm
mathias19 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:01 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try using the LG internal media player but it doesn't recognise TS files. I'll give the mp4 method a go however I don't understand the bit about the command line from the first post? See below:

"DolbyVision MP4 Muxer only works in Command Prompt so you have to navigate to the corresponding folders where the files are and type"
mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file (baselayername.hevc1) --input-file (dvlayername.hevc2) --input-file (audio.ac3) --media-lang eng --output-file (nameofmovie).mp4

Thanks!
Download this version of mp4muxer here:

https://mega.nz/file/Jawn3ADa#vN1ai3llv ... ktTQ4uFYkk

Then extract the two HEVC tracks and main audio track (into ac3 format) from the decrypted main playlist file using eac3to. Use the gui version to do this or command line:

eac3to.exe path_to_playlist.mpls 2:BL.HEVC 3:EL.HEVC 4:Audio.ac3

then feed the files you just extracted into the mp4muxer (mp4muxer_64bits.exe) command above
Will I need to use this method do mux movies that exist of more then 1 M2TS file? So That I first make the mp4 using that way, extract the audio and mux the mp4 + thd+ac3 track into Tsmuxer to make a correct TS file?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

shawnc22 wrote:looks like there were some back and forth and it's waiting for some finals reviews now

https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-s ... n/pull/390
Awesome. As long as it's still moving forward. I just don't want to see it fall off the radar and still have me asking the status 6 months from now. I'm impatient. Lol

RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:19 am
I was asked to test a test image for the shield from one of the devs that should fix the red push color issues with DV.

I won't be able to reply and get it pushed to my shield until Saturday/Sunday to do some testing.

I'll let everyone know the outcome this weekend.

My go to will be Doctor Sleep as this is most noticable on my C8
oh ... finally !!
do you have a device like the HDfury to check if they removed the bt2020 flag of the RGB signal?
If it's really fixed, I can't wait to find out if the Shield play the FEL movies properly.
jayper

Post by jayper »

This is great news. I have only had the Dolby Vision version of the Shield for about a month now, and the red push has been maddening. Thanks for pushing for a fix.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Tormented wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:25 am
shawnc22 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:17 pm
mathias19 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:01 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try using the LG internal media player but it doesn't recognise TS files. I'll give the mp4 method a go however I don't understand the bit about the command line from the first post? See below:

"DolbyVision MP4 Muxer only works in Command Prompt so you have to navigate to the corresponding folders where the files are and type"
mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file (baselayername.hevc1) --input-file (dvlayername.hevc2) --input-file (audio.ac3) --media-lang eng --output-file (nameofmovie).mp4

Thanks!
Download this version of mp4muxer here:

https://mega.nz/file/Jawn3ADa#vN1ai3llv ... ktTQ4uFYkk

Then extract the two HEVC tracks and main audio track (into ac3 format) from the decrypted main playlist file using eac3to. Use the gui version to do this or command line:

eac3to.exe path_to_playlist.mpls 2:BL.HEVC 3:EL.HEVC 4:Audio.ac3

then feed the files you just extracted into the mp4muxer (mp4muxer_64bits.exe) command above
Will I need to use this method do mux movies that exist of more then 1 M2TS file? So That I first make the mp4 using that way, extract the audio and mux the mp4 + thd+ac3 track into Tsmuxer to make a correct TS file?
No, if you’ve been using makemkv to start your TS remux process, just keep doing what you’re doing.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:49 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:19 am
I was asked to test a test image for the shield from one of the devs that should fix the red push color issues with DV.

I won't be able to reply and get it pushed to my shield until Saturday/Sunday to do some testing.

I'll let everyone know the outcome this weekend.

My go to will be Doctor Sleep as this is most noticable on my C8
oh ... finally !!
do you have a device like the HDfury to check if they removed the bt2020 flag of the RGB signal?
If it's really fixed, I can't wait to find out if the Shield play the FEL movies properly.
I do not, but the message from the developer states.
turns off 2020 signaling with DV content
Still waiting for this to be pushed to my device, I'll report back once I have it.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Hopefully this one doesn't take 6 months to roll out this time.

floyd12

Post by floyd12 »

Hi everyone! I'm new on the forum (I'm french so sorry in advanced for my grammar :? ).

I've spent the last days reading all this topic and some other ones, and finally managed to create a great .ts file of The Last Jedi with Dolby Vision and Atmos, perfectly played on my Shield Pro 2019 with Plex and displaying the beautiful logos of DV and Atmos on my TV :D .

So first, thanks a lot to all of you for having working on it!

I'd now want to play some HDR10+ BD on my Shield, but I found much less informations on it compared to DV.

So what's the state about HDR10+ and Shield? Is there a similar method to the one for DV (MakeMKV1.15.1+eac3To+tsMuxer)?

Or can we simply play it directly with KODI or PLEX (apparently not in MKV, tryied it on both PLEX and KODI, HDR10+ is not recognized by my TV)?

Thanks for your help!
box4m

Post by box4m »

Did anyone get profile 4/6 to play in MXPlayer on 2019 Shield?
olevelo

Post by olevelo »

floyd12 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:46 am
Hi everyone! I'm new on the forum (I'm french so sorry in advanced for my grammar :? ).

I've spent the last days reading all this topic and some other ones, and finally managed to create a great .ts file of The Last Jedi with Dolby Vision and Atmos, perfectly played on my Shield Pro 2019 with Plex and displaying the beautiful logos of DV and Atmos on my TV :D .

So first, thanks a lot to all of you for having working on it!

I'd now want to play some HDR10+ BD on my Shield, but I found much less informations on it compared to DV.

So what's the state about HDR10+ and Shield? Is there a similar method to the one for DV (MakeMKV1.15.1+eac3To+tsMuxer)?

Or can we simply play it directly with KODI or PLEX (apparently not in MKV, tryied it on both PLEX and KODI, HDR10+ is not recognized by my TV)?

Thanks for your help!
The Shield doesn't support HDR10+. Also there aren't many tv's that support it, but I'm going to assume you have one that does.