Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Tomas

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by Tomas »

xmenw wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:49 pm
I got my shield a few days back and did the following:

1. Installed Kodi from the playstore.
2. Installed Exoplayer from here - the file with name: Exoplayer_Chapters_Support_03_08_2020_no_debug.apk
3. Added playercorefactory.xml (below) to Kodi under userdata (Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ ):

Code: Select all

<playercorefactory>
<players>
    <player name="ExoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
			<filename>com.google.android.exoplayer2.demo</filename>
			<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
			<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
</players>
</playercorefactory> 
4. I had ripped MKV for Midway & Knives out with 1.15.2 but its not triggering Dolby Vision on my 65E6 with shield set to 24Hz HDR10 + DV output in display.

What should I be doing different? I have restarted Kodi/Shield a couple times with no different results, only HDR10 gets triggered every time.
You must install the PLEX add-on in KODI :? . Then let go through the PLEX accessory.
manuelrn

Post by manuelrn »

ExoPlayer v2.12.0 (2020-09-11)
https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer/blo ... 2020-09-11

• Extractors:
    • Matroska:
      • Support Dolby Vision (#7267).
gottahavit

Post by gottahavit »

Tomas wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:21 pm
xmenw wrote:

2. Installed Exoplayer from here - the file with name: Exoplayer_Chapters_Support_03_08_2020_no_debug.apk
3. Added playercorefactory.xml (below) to Kodi under userdata (Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ ):

<playercorefactory>
<players>
    </player>
</players>
</playercorefactory> 
4. I had ripped MKV for Midway & Knives out with 1.15.2 but its not triggering Dolby Vision on my 65E6 with shield set to 24Hz HDR10 + DV output in display.

What should I be doing different? I have restarted Kodi/Shield a couple times with no different results, only HDR10 gets triggered every time.
You must install the PLEX add-on in KODI :? . Then let go through the PLEX accessory.
No he doesn't. This is not the plex solution he is attempting. My guess is you are not launching exoplayer from kodi, you need to long press the title until the menu comes up then play with exoplayer. Installing playercorefacotry does not make that the default player.
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

I was not doing this (new to Kodi), thank you. However now when the playback is attempted by selecting Exo player, I get an error “playback failed”.
gottahavit wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 am
Tomas wrote:
xmenw wrote:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
    </player>
</players>
</playercorefactory> 

No he doesn't. This is not the plex solution he is attempting. My guess is you are not launching exoplayer from kodi, you need to long press the title until the menu comes up then play with exoplayer. Installing playercorefacotry does not make that the default player.
djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

gottahavit wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:37 pm
djbuddha wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:39 am
Is there a version of the apk or a way to default the audio to 'none'? - trying to play my MKV rip of The Matrix. Worked fine on my other setup downstairs using an HDFury Vertex 2 running through a Marantz 6012.

I hooked my 2019 Shield up to a brand new Sony Bravia X90H I purchased for a room upstairs I need to furnish with a decent receiver / surround setup. To get it to play, I have to wait while it essentially times out, and then choose the correct audio from the top left after the time-out (that's using the oldest version of the apk). On the latest version, I can't even get to the top left select menu in any circumstance. It's not a bandwidth issue either as I'm directly connected up here to the same switch I typically use on my Atmos setup downstairs.

**edit** Nevermind, the audio change yields almost no difference after all.

**edit 2** I don't think it has to do with the audio stream, the internal kodi player is playing the regular HDR10 stream perfectly fine and it says it's reading the Atmos track as well. Dolby Vision does work on this TV with the Shield as I've had other Dolby Vision content play (including the test content in the latest apk).
As stated earlier you want to use network mounts from the shield, not from Kodi(if that's what you are doing). Then the shares just show up in kodi. I was not able to get the internal network shares in kodi to work with exoplayer, but once mapped in the shield there was no issue. Since exoplarer(and all external players) in kodi use their own streaming(just passed the stream path), I would assume there is a bug in the streaming reader in exoplayer(no offence to the dev of this great addon). With Kodi streams the stream passed is a SMB:// path, with the shield mounts the app gets local storage paths which are managed by the OS/Device.
The shares are mounted on my shield, not in Kodi.
I was the one who showed everyone how to set up Plex with exoplayer in Kodi before LOL.

This is weird, it's not playing any MKV's. They all fail, the internal player plays MKV's fine in Kodi (obviously without Dolby Vision).
codeXRes

Post by codeXRes »

manuelrn wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:28 am

• Extractors:
    • Matroska:
Any idea how this can be tested in a Shield? Is there any installable apks available?
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

I was having that issue because of the mount from Kodi, (I used zeroconf), after removing that and using the SMB mount from shield directly mounted drive, I was able to playback DV content, first play attempt resulted in playback failed, I clicked play again and this time the movie worked. Tried 2 movies and both worked!

Thank you.
xmenw wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:25 am
I was not doing this (new to Kodi), thank you. However now when the playback is attempted by selecting Exo player, I get an error “playback failed”.
gottahavit wrote:
Tomas wrote:

gabi.gegea@gmail.com

Post by gabi.gegea@gmail.com »

codeXRes wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:52 pm
manuelrn wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:28 am

• Extractors:
    • Matroska:
Any idea how this can be tested in a Shield? Is there any installable apks available?
Have you found a solution or the apk?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

The github exoplayer repo is primarily an API. Unless you modify the demo apk that you can build out of it to be able to handle external files (e.g. yusecope's modified version of it), you cannot explicitly test it on the Shield. You would have to wait for one of the apps on the android store that's based on exoplayer to be updated in order to test it.
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:53 pm
The github exoplayer repo is primarily an API. Unless you modify the demo apk that you can build out of it to be able to handle external files (e.g. yusecope's modified version of it), you cannot explicitly test it on the Shield. You would have to wait for one of the apps on the android store that's based on exoplayer to be updated in order to test it.
Which apps are based on it?
ragico

Post by ragico »

Latest Emby beta app for android is capable to play DV Mkv on both shield and ugoos am6 plus even with some problems.
Here; https://emby.media/community/index.php? ... 4-testing/
Pmaw10

Post by Pmaw10 »

xmenw wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:25 am
gottahavit wrote:
Tomas wrote:

This is common. Just hit play again and it should start playing.
annisman

Post by annisman »

So is DV working with MKV rips now ?

This is my current playback method and haven't seen DV get triggered by my LG CX on any recent DV MKV rips:

HTPC . Emby . MadVR . MPC-BE.

Explain it to me like I'm five. What I gotta do?
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

annisman wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 am
So is DV working with MKV rips now ?

This is my current playback method and haven't seen DV get triggered by my LG CX on any recent DV MKV rips:

HTPC . Emby . MadVR . MPC-BE.

Explain it to me like I'm five. What I gotta do?
Won't work on LG. Have to use a Shield with the custom exoplayer found in this forum/
codeXRes

Post by codeXRes »

So, what's the latest on the Shield Experience 8.20. Does it break DV?