Post by bobbymkV »

When this thread gets bumped :evil:

Edit: oh shi
Pmaw10

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by Pmaw10 »

kavie87 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:19 pm
I’ve managed to get kodi to play Dolby Vision via exoplayer. Works great. Was wondering if there is a code and where to put it, if I rename my 4k movies to have “Movie Name (2020) Dolby.Vision.mkv for those movies that DV so that it plays non DV in the default player and will play Dolby.Vision files in the exoplayer?
Yes, this is possible. You need to add a rule in your playercorefactory.xml. I, for example, have a rule to use ExoPlayer only when a movie has "Dolby.Vision" in the filename. Here is what I have in my XML:

- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <player name="ExoPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.google.android.exoplayer2.demo</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
- <rules action="prepend">
- <rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*Dolby.Vision.*" player="ExoPlayer" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Timpeman

Post by Timpeman »

Hello, I can play DV mkv with exoplayer and Kodi on my shield but I can’t get ac3 sound is it normal? I’m watching a movie with a DTS soundtrack and my LG CX can’t read it so I forced Kodi to output ac3. It works fine with Kodi player but not exoplayer.
surlias

Post by surlias »

I'm having audio issues as well. I've got yusesope's Exoplayer working and triggering DV and all, but if I play it with a lossless audio stream selected, I get frequent audio distortion/fuzziness. Doesn't seem to be an issue if I switch to the AC3 compatibility track.

I'm just using my LG B8's internal speakers for audio. Is there a setting in Kodi I need to tweak to resolve this issue?

Also, whenever I start a video with Exoplayer, the subtitle track is always enabled at first and I have to go into the menu and turn off the subtitles every time. Any idea how to set Exoplayer to default to subtitles being disabled? The audio issue is the main problem though.
LucasSimba

Post by LucasSimba »

Hi. I tried the solution Kodi + Exoplayer to play Dolby Vision. But for some reason, it’s not working. I have the following error message: "this device does not provide a decoder for audio/vnd.dts.hd".

The movie (Lord of the Rings) play fines only with Kodi. But when I select Exoplayer, I have this error. Any idea why? And how to fix it?

I tested it on a Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019).
rolling3e

Post by rolling3e »

Hi, if I want a device to play 4k remux (hdr10 and dolby vision) and 1080 remux, between a fire tv cube and a shield tv pro, which one do you recommend?
The shield has better gpu. 3gb ram, 2 usb 3.0 ports, but it has red push in dilby vision. The fire tv cube, better dolby vision, but it lacks a gigabit network and I think it does not have usb 3.0 and less ram (I don't know if an adapter can solve the gigabit network).
Thank you.
Last edited by rolling3e on Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

rolling3e wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:48 pm
Hi, if I want a device to play 4k remux (hdr10 and dolby vision) and 1080 remux, between a fire tv cube and a shield tv pro, which one do you recommend?
The shield has better gpu. 3gb ram, 2 usb 3.0 ports, but it has the network push bug. The fire tv cube, better dolby vision, but it lacks a gigabit network and I think it does not have usb 3.0 and less ram (I don't know if an adapter can solve the gigabit network).
Thank you.
Never heard of a network push bug, but if you need lossless audio, then your only option between the two is the Shield Pro.
rolling3e

Post by rolling3e »

The shield has better gpu. 3gb ram, 2 usb 3.0 ports, but it has red push in dolby vision. The fire tv cube, better dolby vision, but it lacks a gigabit network and I think it does not have usb 3.0 and less ram (I don't know if an adapter can solve the gigabit network).
rolling3e

Post by rolling3e »

Do you think they will fix red push the failure of the shield tv pro. They take a long time and still remain unsolved.
lucian13

Post by lucian13 »

There is a lot of info in this thread but I wanted to post what works for me after initially creating dolby vision mp4's once the mp4muxer tool became available.

1. All of my dolby vision mkv's are encoded base layers (1.78) and the enhancement layer from my mp4 files
2. I had to do a lot of work to get the atmos/dts-x audio tracks, subtitles, and chapters for movies i didn't include them in when i created the mp4 files
3. All tracks were loaded into latest tsmuxer (github) and muxed to a Blu-ray ISO
4. Loaded the ISO into makemkv (deselecting option without chapters) and muxing to mkv file
5. All 24p titles are dvhe.04.06 and 60p titles are dvhe.04.09 profiles
6. I haven't watched or tested them all but the ones I have play perfectly on the shield pro (2019) which is what i have wanted since the first dolby vision mp4 days

The experience of being able to use the shield pro for my dolby vision encodes (mkv) over the sony x700 dolby vision encodes (mp4) is more than i ever expected!!

So, thank you to yusesope, mike admin, and everyone who helped with testing and feedback to move this project forward.
agneva

Post by agneva »

Hi,
someone has an idea, how can I extract:
A. HEVC1 in 4K (Base layer)
B. HEVC 2 in 1080p (this is the dolby vision enhancement layer)
from this mkv:
0.png
0.png (21.48 KiB) Viewed 21323 times
with gMKVExtract I get only one *.hevc file.

...or how I can create a compliant BluRay Folder from mkv

...or how I can remux to this:
1.png
1.png (21.23 KiB) Viewed 21323 times
I need to create a DV mp4 for my TV.
Low Winter Sun

Post by Low Winter Sun »

I'm pretty sure that the firetv Cube doesn't support the dolby vision profile 7 used on UHD Bluray disks. The ShieldTV is about the only device that does.
rolling3e wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:48 pm
The shield has better gpu. 3gb ram, 2 usb 3.0 ports, but it has red push in dilby vision. The fire tv cube, better dolby vision, but it lacks a gigabit network and I think it does not have usb 3.0 and less ram (I don't know if an adapter can solve the gigabit network).
Thank you.
extranet

Post by extranet »

lucian13 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:35 am
There is a lot of info in this thread but I wanted to post what works for me after initially creating dolby vision mp4's once the mp4muxer
The experience of being able to use the shield pro for my dolby vision encodes (mkv) over the sony x700 dolby vision encodes (mp4) is more than i ever expected!!

So, thank you to yusesope, mike admin, and everyone who helped with testing and feedback to move this project forward.
Agreed. I've did a backup rip of a DV film and it works. No more DVDFab :) I'm just trying a standard movie rip now to see if that also works.
My only slight caveat is that an Oppo device plays the audio with a touch better quality. Maybe this is obvious but the same applies to a PC using ASIO. I don't know if the issue is Kodi or the Shield itself. Either way, happy days :)

Now that Makemkv keeps "all" the DV information I'm going to have to re-rip all of my DV discs. That's going to take a while.
Last edited by extranet on Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolling3e

Post by rolling3e »

Hello.
can exoplayer player be used in plex addon in kodi?.
Thank you.
rolling3e

Post by rolling3e »

Right now on a shield tv pro, if you have a 4k remux mkv movie in hdr10 and dolby vision, where does it look better?

I ask, because how dolby vision has the push network failure and the mkv issue is still a bit green.

Thank you.