Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
shawnc22

Re: Dolby Vision and 1.15.1

Post by shawnc22 »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 am
[I don't get any play using icon it just opens in exoplayer when I play an mkv in kodi.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That test xml I posted does not change the default player to exoplayer. If he's not seeing the play using option to begin with, then changing it to the default player won't help because he's putting the xml in the wrong place.
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:14 am
And where are you putting the file?
org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:37 am
shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:14 am
And where are you putting the file?
org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata
not sure what else to tell you then. take a screenshot of the directory where the xml is located?
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

Thanks again for all your help with this.
Attachments
IMG_2141.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG (84.85 KiB) Viewed 14463 times
djbuddha

Post by djbuddha »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:56 am

This looks right.

In Kodi, hold the button down. Just clicking won't work.

Maybe that's it?
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

Image[/img]
djbuddha wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:09 am
chrisandy wrote:

This looks right.

Maybe that's it?
EDIT:

Some progress. After doing

Settings \ Services \ UPnP section and just tick all the boxes.

Play Using is showing up.. with these options:

VideoPlayer (default)
LG WebOS
DP-UB20 (my UHD player)
Last edited by chrisandy on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

shawnc22 wrote:
SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 am
[I don't get any play using icon it just opens in exoplayer when I play an mkv in kodi.

That test xml I posted does not change the default player to exoplayer. If he's not seeing the play using option to begin with, then changing it to the default player won't help because he's putting the xml in the wrong place.
Gotcha. I went all in since I don't use kodi for anything else.

shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:19 am
Image[/img]
djbuddha wrote:
chrisandy wrote:

This looks right.

Maybe that's it?
EDIT:

VideoPlayer (default)
LG WebOS
DP-UB20 (my UHD player)
Yeah it's showing up for the wrong reasons as it's now looking on your network for other players. For some reason, that XML is not being picked up. It could be an issue with file permissions. If you mount the Shield storage on your computer and then browse to the file, check to see if it has read/execute permissions enabled. Other than that, I'm stumped. Maybe reinstall Kodi and then reinstall the xml file again?
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

shawnc22 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:40 am
chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:19 am
Image[/img]
djbuddha wrote:

This looks right.

Maybe that's it?
EDIT:

VideoPlayer (default)
LG WebOS
DP-UB20 (my UHD player)
Yeah it's showing up for the wrong reasons as it's now looking on your network for other players. For some reason, that XML is not being picked up. It could be an issue with file permissions. If you mount the Shield storage on your computer and then browse to the file, check to see if it has read/execute permissions enabled. Other than that, I'm stumped. Maybe reinstall Kodi and then reinstall the xml file again?
Went through a re-install of both and doesn't seem to be detected again.

Trying to mount it on my Windows box but on my Mac box it doesn't seem to allow me to change file permissions.

Edit:

On Windows it says the userdata folder has Read-only which I can't change. So I'm not 100% sure if permissions are the issue but also can't figure how to fix if they are.
Liersi

Post by Liersi »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:25 am

Trying to mount it on my Windows box but on my Mac box it doesn't seem to allow me to change file permissions.

Edit:

On Windows it says the userdata folder has Read-only which I can't change. So I'm not 100% sure if permissions are the issue but also can't figure how to fix if they are.
Nah, read-only on Windows isn't the problem. I'm accessing my Shield's storage from W10 as well to add and edit this kind of stuff, and while it shows "read-only" in the folder properties, that doesn't prevent you from doing anything you're trying to do. You'll notice that the file itself isn't read-only. You can put it there and edit it all you want from W10.

Did you restart Kodi every time you change the file? Full exit and splash screen restart? Sorry for the stupid question, but when I run into issues like this I've usually forgotten some detail like this.
dysprosium

Post by dysprosium »

dysprosium wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:01 pm
This is great progress; thanks to mike, yusesope, and everyone else involved.
ragico wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:56 pm
I have also tried the same in Ugoos Am6 plus and got same results as in shield. DV works flawlessly but atmos is not triggered, This is at moment a Ugoos limit. I compared the colours from shield and from Ugoos on my Gz2000 and can say that I do not had the red push from Ugoos, maybe I am wrong and can be a placebo effect.
ragico, I am trying to understand any differences in UHD BRrip playback capabilities between the AM6 Plus and the Nvidia Shield Pro 2019, so I think you are the best person to ask about this.

1. I found two places online saying that DTS-HD MA/TrueHD should work from Android on the AM6 Plus; have you seen the instructions here or here (on unofficial AndroidTV ROM)?
2. Are you having any success on the AM6 Plus with the modified Exoplayer apk on any FEL DV titles in mkv (e.g. 1917)? Do they play at all, and if they do, is it a 1:1 replica of the UHD BR video quality or is the EL data being ignored in some way?

And to any Shield Pro 2019 owners using the HDFury DV red push fix:
3. We now know that FEL DV titles play from mkv, but is it a 1:1 replica of the UHD BR video quality or is the EL data being ignored in some way?
My post got buried under all the excited posts; does anyone know anything about these questions, especially 3?
McZuzlak

Post by McZuzlak »

Hey guys! Is this only playable only in Shield at the moment ? Or are there other supported methods ?
I have an LG C7 where I already can play dv BL+EL content in mp4 container with Xplay ( third party plex client ) but without HD audio sadly.
chrisandy

Post by chrisandy »

Liersi wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:45 am
chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:25 am

Edit:

Nah, read-only on Windows isn't the problem. I'm accessing my Shield's storage from W10 as well to add and edit this kind of stuff, and while it shows "read-only" in the folder properties, that doesn't prevent you from doing anything you're trying to do. You'll notice that the file itself isn't read-only. You can put it there and edit it all you want from W10.

Did you restart Kodi every time you change the file? Full exit and splash screen restart? Sorry for the stupid question, but when I run into issues like this I've usually forgotten some detail like this.
Sorry do you mind clarifying what you mean by full exit and splash screen restart? I usually go to multitasking and select dismiss from below it.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

McZuzlak wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:59 pm
Hey guys! Is this only playable only in Shield at the moment ? Or are there other supported methods ?
I have an LG C7 where I already can play dv BL+EL content in mp4 container with Xplay ( third party plex client ) but without HD audio sadly.
you’re not getting hd audio on the LG internal player regardless of the container, is a hardware limitation. stick with the mp4.
Liersi

Post by Liersi »

chrisandy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Sorry do you mind clarifying what you mean by full exit and splash screen restart? I usually go to multitasking and select dismiss from below it.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant a full restart where you close down the app in such a way that it starts with the KODI splash screen when you launch it again. Dismissing it should do it, I usually exit out of KODI. Installing the modified ExoPlayer apk, putting shawn's xml where you put it and restarting KODI is all I did.