Days of Thunder and The Invisible Man

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
liquidsoap89

Days of Thunder and The Invisible Man

Post by liquidsoap89 »

FYI, I sent the dumps for Days of Thunder about a week ago, and The Invisible Man a day or two ago (both 4K). Both are the versions from Amazon Canada.

I'm still can't decrypt the disks but I'm guessing that'll change soon.
doryphore

Re: Days of Thunder and The Invisible Man

Post by doryphore »

Hello,

I dig up this post because I have this problem with invisible man UHD ...
doryphore

Re: Days of Thunder and The Invisible Man

Post by doryphore »

Hello,

I post for convenience to inform of my experience.
I managed to rip this BD 100 bluray :mrgreen:

I tried about ten times, cleaning the disc very thoroughly, since we are told each time that the problem is the burning or dirt on the disc, but without success.

The drive just couldn't see the disc! In desperation I had installed anydvd, just for testing, and again without success.
I told myself too bad, the disc is defective.

2 days later I receive another UHD bluray, also in 3 layers, a BD 100, Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 4K. to my surprise, the transfer went smoothly ....
so, immediately after, I reload the invisible man bluray, I see that nothing is happening in makemkv, so I try to run anydvd in parallel, and there, suddenly the player accesses the disc, and this one loads in makemkv !!
I get a message from makemkv telling me that anydvd is open in parallel and that the risk of error exists. So I close anydvd, I choose the version of the film in dolbyvision and the language (french), and the ripple goes well until the end, to my greatest happiness !

This is my experience which leads me to think that the problem is software rather than hardware ...... curious all the same.